Resource Redistribution Update

Why? 5

because people that used to mine and build are disappearing ? because the scattered distribution has made industry a less desireable career path? Because years of investment in skills to mine a variety of ores are now wasted? yes , its time to revisit the ā€œredistributionā€

3 Likes

All of which have been great for those who have stuck with it though. And are there shortages of anything?

yes unless you are into risky logistical shipping and dodging HS gankers. You cant mine in your own space and build anything. you are forced into long haul materials movement now.

Oh ok. Good job I actually find that genuine fun then. Thought I was doing something wierd.

3 Likes

as CCP promised this change would create more targets. mission accomplished. retaining industrial players, not so much a win for some, a loss for others, but that is the current game state. the pendulum swings over time. you can never please everyone consistently. enjoy the chase

1 Like

Nerfed HS mining into the ground and the only real change for all other was no veldspar yet they have access to huge amounts of other types of ore that yield far more minerals than they should.
Make it equal but they wonā€™t or huge corps will cry about it and we all know ccp bends the knee to certain corps

3 Likes

I just recently came back to game primarily for indy purposes and upon seeing CCPā€™s plan I will not be staying long if it is decides to actually go through with this horrendous plan. Especially since I was just planning on moving to null to get full access to all minerals and your removing tons of it AND reducing the amounts?

I donā€™t like this one bit and if this goes through I will not only be leaving EvE but deleting my accounts to ensure I NEVER come back.

I urge you to NOT go through with this. It is a horrible idea

2 Likes

What are you talking about this has been in game for awhile already?

CCP are doing the starvation period because of Rorquals being broken for about 2 years, so the starvation period that we are in now isnā€™t permanent its only to bring eve back to balance then they will bring it up again.

It was so bad that people where using the mined minerals to build ships and self destruct them for insurance money because then they didnā€™t have to bother waiting for someone to have to buy it, thatā€™s how many minerals where in the game, it was needed.

1 Like

If you only just came back to the game after a long absence, I canā€™t see your ā€œdeleting my accounts to ensure I NEVER come backā€ is going to make much of a difference to anythingā€¦

P.S. Can I have your stuff ?

I donā€™t know if resource scarcity is good or bad, but I know for sure, 0.0 currently is just wasteland with rare oasis of player activity. CCP attempts of making 0.0 more active and populated absolutely wasted by latter changes.

1 Like

Really? Cos the last few days have seen intense farming of event sites as they always do each year.

I do some exploration with filaments and tried some roaming with pub fleets recently. Most systems in 0.0 just empty, some have 1-2 players in local and only few in every region I visited had about 10 players actually doing something. It looks very bad lately.

Yea super empty in the last week but I guess it is the holiday season, maybe people are out doing family stuff.

So you revert this change when ?
You admit yourself itā€™s not healthy for the game.

1 Like

Where did they say that?

Concensus believes they will be making it more widespread and robust, which is a good idea.

Read the new devblog.

What exactly is the problem? The demand is the same or has even risen. So the materials you mine might be more scarce but they are also more valuable. Also Minerals are easily accesable on the market. Is your problem that you cant earn money with mining? Dont you earn money with production?

I started doing industry last year none of the changes so far made it harder for me to turn a profit.

And is that somehow different from before? Iam activley playing since a year or so, so i cant compare, but we just had the biggest fight in the history of that game in NS and i assume many people just moved to certain areas to either participate the war or run from it. For the corps that paricipate in that war, the mining activity has dropped a lot in favour fo fighting.

Well, Iā€™m playing from 2009, 0.0 there was quite different, but I never saw 0.0 so empty since sovereignty changes.

2 Likes