Resource Redistribution Update

I dont have to to know it doesnt say “Oh yeah we made a mistake”, so where are they saying this?

The graph with healthy state.

Is it closer or further from where they want it compared to the last time they showed it?

further in oppposite side :’)

Which tells me they now have a better angle on what still needs fixed.

And entitled attitudes is clearly one of em.

1 Like

I assume the reason they deleted Cosmic Signature for mining is because you are somewhat safe in those unless someone probes you, and oh god no CCP won’t allow a miner to feel safe anywhere !

So now you can enjoy your less safe, more scattered 10m tick while CCP self-destruct and d*ck around until they accidentally fix something. OR : You can earn 2x more by running DED/Anoms (+loot +salvage +escalation +faction spawn).

2 Likes

Technically they are semi safe in the event ice mining sites. Every time we roam into those systems we see them but are never in the right ships to go in.

True. But this is temporary. Not saying these kind of anoms are the way to go, but I feel way safer doing a DED behind a gate with a cloaked alt at the entrance than when I’m mining in a sov anom in plain sight of anyone entering the system. Once again, miners are the most exposed for an activity that is far from lucrative when you consider the other semi-afk alternatives. Ishtars & Gilas can get core stabs, what are you gonna do on your barges ?

That last titan battle showed us that something is clearly wrong with the game, but what CCP is doing is making current players pay for CCP’s previous mistakes. I mean, if for starter industrial people could stop selling at a loss that would be great, but ships would get even more expensive than they currently are… Dunno if it’s bad or not, but losing a BS nowadays sure is annoying considering what it used to cost, and the removal of trita in null sec.

Fair but tbh mining scale’s broadly so even if you log on 6 mining ships and 1 pvp ship cloak fit with anti tackle, you will be making a lot more per hour than 2 chars in a ded but then again you can probibly micro 3 chars in a ded with that 1 char outside and make the same.

If an enemy comes in and tackles you align your guys off decloak and pop the tackle and warp asap not super safe but it is fine since it is nullsec with high rewards already so there needs to be some danger.

I do agree that ded’s make players ultra safe first they have to scan your site or you down then you see them on d-scan for about 30 seconds to a minute while they burn through the room’s depending on how far you got.

If I was able to request something I would ask ccp to make ded’s 2 rooms max.

Unfortunately that is not something CCP can change that is just becuase players love building and some of those that love building hate spread sheet’s so they build for a loss, no matter what ccp changes those type of players will already exist.

Technically I am in the same spot I had tons of faction warfare lp and bought mass of 1 item thinking O its a nice item it will sell, and now I’m selling at a massive loss because people are still buying it even thou it has a massive -isk per lp which makes no sense but people do it anyways…

Stab’s being used while making isk is kind of an abomination and should be removed imo, better to make sites more dangerous and more isk per hour so that players can spend less time farming to get the same items but have actual risk.

I was wondering if is possible to add more variations to abyssal upgrades to the ships.

Imagine improving a ship with abyss,wouldnt this be amazing?

1 Like

Please can we now nerf wormholes down a notce also ?

@CCP_Aurora hi , it frustrates me that in Null sec to get any kind of decent bounty players must first secure the system , pay 1 bill to make an alliance , buy a TCU , bring the TCU down to the system , anchor the TCU and pay 100mill to secure Sovereignty ( which is a recurring payment )

Once the TCU has been onlined the same process happens with the IHUB a huge structure that is very difficult to get out in Null costing again a lot more isk

Once the IHUB has been installed you them must buy all the upgrades you want costing yet again a lot of isk and pay another recurring payment to keep those online as well as grinding up the system index’s all the while being hunted by bad guys

That is a lot of effort for what people can currently get back for their efforts , not to mention all the upfront costs !!

In a wormhole everything is just there and it just takes a little scanning to gain acess to all the fruits that wormholes currently have

People talk a lot about risk and reward , but what about risk for effort ?

Can we have some type of wormhole IHUB added so wormholers have to upgrade there holes to gain acess to what they currently have ?

1 Like

Yes, mining scale, but you just can’t tell people to get 10 accounts to be able to mine a sufficient amount of ore to counter balance people’s inability to calculate their income per hour. I have no solution to that either, except maybe CCP making infinite buy walls for each ore or/and making it impossible to sell each ore below a certain price. That would line up the price of every single produced item in the game and guaranty miners a certain income. That goes directly against the EVE Market being player-driven, but that would probably help fixing the game. Between that or their ore starvation that makes people leave, I would gladly go for a CCP regulation. Even actual countries have laws so that you cannot sell at a loss !

Bounty are somewhat static, so even if a million players farm across EVE, everyone will still earn AT LEAST the lowest % of the DBM, which is basically CCP’s “buy wall” (killing an NPC = at least x amount of ISK guaranteed). This wall doesn’t exist in industry (beside a few items), so people can still go lower and lower until they rage-quit the game for being too tedious and not rewarding enough. Look, even DED give you overseers that you can directly sell to Concord, so again, guaranteed money (granted that you made it alive to HS).

So, Industry/Mining, getting f*cked again. By themselves mostly, but what do you expect in a game ? People are not feeding their family with ISK, so there is no sense of “low income” beside your own judgement. Add bots in the equation and no CCP regulation, and you have a whole chunk of your player-base living at a loss without even realizing it, or being forced to do so to stay competitive (I assume that some players are not interested in PVE/PVP and rather sell at a loss to keep doing what they like in EVE).

1 Like

Imo there could be a mini game like hacking, so if you are mining on a single account you can add attenetion to it to increase mining by 2x or something, this would be awesome, so you could either afk not do the mini game and do it with alts or do it solo with full attention and make bank.

That’s exactly like saying, but I can take a wh to nullsec and just start ratting without any infrustructure.

In worm holes you need setup as well and not just once you have to do it for each farming session unless you want to just go in blind.

Also there is no local in wh, when there was no local in null everyone logged off so I mean there is no comparison.

2 Likes

NONONONONO
It ‘works’ with hacking because it is only a tiny part of hacking, finding the site is the main work.
Mining where you are spending the whole time on the rocks it would not work.

Maybe if as you mine the asteroid depletes and a shiny spot shows itself, if you target it and mine you get the mini game then go back to mining normally.

So it becomes like little hot pockets of high concentration minerals which reward active play for those who don’t want 10 mining alts, and does not punish afk play.

5 Likes

Except it does, because missing a bonus is the same as a penalty.
More the point it becomes a drag if you aren’t AFK, because every 2 minutes you get the same minigame.

“I don’t want active miners to earn more money than someone that is completely afk” is kind of selfish, isn’t it ?

2 Likes

Well done missing the point.
The point is not that an active miner will earn the same as an AFK miner
The point is that an active miner will be forced to play a mini-game every 2 minutes that will rapidly become a boring chore, while also forcing them to take time away from being aware of their surroundings, because mini-games by their nature are also in pop up windows.
Again, it ‘works’ for hacking because of the intermittent nature of the activity, it will not work for mining where it is a continuous activity

Alright I get it now, thanks for the clarification. While I agree with everything you said, there is no need for popups and the choice is up to the miner. It fits with the “risk versus reward” policy. You could either do the game and maybe get ganked (although you could leave the game anytime you want) and earn more, or play safe and do not engage the mini-game, keeping full attention to local and surrondings.

No it doesn’t, that’s the problem.
Playing a tedious mini-game every few minutes is not risk vs reward, it’s forced make work or be penalised.