Resource Redistribution Update

Tritanium Pyerite Mexallon Isogen Nocxium Zydrine Megacyte Morphite
Veldspar 400 (-15)
Bezdnacine 40000 (+26800) 0 (-2200) 0 (-3780) 4800 (+3700) 128 (-57) 0 (-10)
Rakovene 40000 (+37800) 0 (-7200) 0 (-855) 3200 (+3200) 0 (-450) 200 (-70) 0 (-83) 0 (-2)
Talassonite 40000 (+27400) 960 (+504) 0 (-81)

That’s kinda interesting: Ore from Trig sites are full of Tritanium.

1. don’t search for “lucrative things”. Focus on having fun. Many activities are open to new players and they can get fun

2. this is a sandbox, why should there be a mechanism which prevents “established players” to mine roids in a place dedicated to new players? It is up to you, OP, to form a corp with other pilots and war dec the established player, or find a better place for you, or build diplomatic relations with the established player and join him and his corp etc. Nothing prevents you from federating the entire constellation against this established player. This is a sandbox. Invent your own soluces.

2 Likes

If you are mining close to a trade hub, you will encounter a lot of competition and possibly pirates (gankers). Best to move to backwater systems where there is a lot less traffic.

There will be plenty of ore to mine in highsec and compressed ores containing tritanium should increase in value since they will be a bottleneck for Nullsec.

All of the ores required for T1 production should still be available in Highsec after the changes. Veldspar, Scordite, Pyroxeres and Plagioclase will still be available in belts (with different composition). Rakovene and Talassonite are expected to still be available in invasion minor victory systems.

Edit: just noticed - Fortresses now have sites as well!

2 Likes

Mining. If you sit in the forest and kill enough boars, you too can become a level 99 Cleric. Might take a century.

There was this speech given in my old Null corp to the new people, went along the rough lines of

Mining just makes ore, it doesn’t make ISK.
Ore can be sold, in which case the local price determines ISK, otherwise the ore has to be compressed and shipped. If the ore is refined, the relevant refining skills better be good or a bunch of the yield will be lost. When minerals are sold, its is again the whim of the market offset with the cost of transportation. If manufactured into an item and listed at a fair price on market, how long can that item be left on the shelf getting undercut before it too gets sold below production cost? Relisting fees, sales tax, brokerage, all skills that need to be trained to get the most out of the lumps of rock. Even then, what happens when the end of the month rolls around and another 500 PLEX is needed and nothing has sold?

New people don’t have the skills to do industry efficiently and it takes months, if not years to train to the point that makes that gameplay viable, yet they all seem to have this delusion they are going to be the next Henry Ford.

3 Likes

Following that argumentation, newbros can do exactly nothing.
Probably you’ve forgotten a long time ago that also Venture mining can be fun - as long as there’s ore and you don’t get bullied away by industrials as this guy had to experience. I think it will be tougher for new players in Highsec when all these “Henry Fords” send even more Orca fleets for Feldspar into higsec systems.
The posts above are transferred from the Newbro section, and I’m not completely convinced it is part of the discussion here.

You know you can do all that with Pyfa, right? So you can actually get solid ‘what’s the max possible yield on this ship?’ numbers for every mining platform in the game, Gnosis included.

Which is why I can tell you, without any difficulty at all, that no, your mining Gnosis, with it’s theoretical max yield of 21.6m3/s of yield, using 5 augmented mining drones and 5 civilian miners, is neither equivalent, nor exceeds, the 58.2m3/s a max-yield Hulk can produce with Orca boosts. Without boosts, the Hulk’s 37.2m3/s is still superior to the Gnosis.

So, let’s break down max possible yields on the mining platforms, leaving off the yields the boosters get, because we’re not stupid, and we’re gonna keep those boosters right where they need to be (no attempting half-assed boosts from a Gnosis, for example). We’re going to avoid faction modules to keep things from getting ridiculously unbalanced. We’re also not going to worry about drone speed modules or implants, and assume (as pyfa does) 0m travel time needed on the drones:
Exhumers:
Hulk: 58.2m3/s [65.1m3/s ICE]
Mackinaw: 45.1m3/s [47.9m3/s ICE]
Skiff: 45.1m3/s [47.9m3/s ICE]

Barges:
Covetor: 51.3m3/s [55.3m3/s ICE]
Retriever: 40.3m3/s [37.5m3/s ICE]
Procurer: 39.5m3/s [34.1m3/s ICE]

Expedition Frigates:
Prospect: 23.1m3/s [19.8m3/s ICE]
Endurance: 16.9m3/s [47.9m3/s ICE, which is what this 1-turret slot wonder’s designed to mine.]

Mining Frigate:
Venture: 16.8m3/s [0m3/s ICE]

Mining Titan/Battleship: (just some examples)
Avatar (6 turrets, 8 lows, no drones): 28.8m3/s [0m3/s ICE]
Praxis (6 turrets, 7 lows, 100mbit drone capacity. Also a 1% CPU implant to fudge it just a little): 34.7m3/s [16.3m3/s ICE]

Gnosis: 21.6m3/s [8.14m3/s ICE]

As you can see, the Gnosis doesn’t come close to the exhumers. Even the barges leave it behind.

And there’s more than one titan out there with civilian miners and/or miner IIs out there. As for this…

No. Don’t do that. Use an AB. If hostiles come into system and you have to bail, turning off the AB is just as fast as turning off the MWD. If you get distracted and only spot them on warp-in, the AB doesn’t bloom you up to cruiser-size on the SIG, so you have critical moments longer before they can lock you. Even if they do, your defense is not speed (because they’ll have something that can do more than the 3700m/s you can), but evasion: small signature to minimize incoming damage. The MWD’s not going to a damned thing once you’re scrammed and webbed, but an AB will still help, just a little. Who knows, you might live long enough for someone to kill the guy tackling you. You won’t with an MWD.

The Thalia and Scalpel can get to a ridiculously small sig radius. You put MWDs on them to keep up with other MWD frigates, but you definitely don’t want them MWDing in an orbit around an immobile rock.

As for the drones from a ‘swam fleet’ of frigate miners? Yeah, I see a bunch of guys in a system where I’m hunting, I’m getting cloaky eyes on them, first. They’re frigates? 1 guy’s bringing a couple of smartbombs, or a few of us will each fit 1 SB, and poof, you have no drones.

If you want to be safe while you’re mining, your best bet remains more people. Not more dudes in tiny little specialty frigates wasting their bonuses by fitting mining lasers, though. Scouts, sitting cloaked on the gates of the system. A few combat pilots in combat-ready ships, sitting overwatch. Falcons or Blackbirds, a good 100-120km off to jam tackle and run once the miners are clear, would be my advice. And then you use absolutely the best balance of tank, GTFO, and mining yield you can get. This is normally going to be a Skiff, if you’ve got a booster who can carry the ore. Then you really just need to worry about keeping that booster alive.

4 Likes

You buy a subscription for $15 and stop trying to turn EVE into a masochistic grind where you slog through boring content for the sole purpose of earning the privilege to do it again next month?

1 Like

Thank you for that, I found it very interesting and informative.

Dude, where is that mining rokh???

1 Like

Mining Rokh: 36.6m3/s [8.14m3/s ICE]

(corrected the ice mining amount, clicked through pyfa too fast and it didn’t put the 3rd drone rig on, the first time. Only impacts ice, because the ore mining config only uses 2 rigs)

1 Like

Have a feeling with this nerf, loot reprocessing will become a booming business :upside_down_face:
Ratting is gonna get out of hand fast.

8 miner II + 5 elara mining laser upgrades + 2 co-processors I + 1 cargohold optimization I + 2 S.H

You maybe correct. There have been attempts to try and induce HS people into LS, but generally that just never works. So the next best solution maybe reprocessing rat loot.

Not sure what the NS people plan on doing. Based on the Dev Blog certain miner minerals will be less available. They might mine in LS more, but IDK.

First: again, went with pure T2 upgrades to have standardized non-stupid-expensive benchmarks.
Second: good luck fitting 5 elara mining laser upgrades, 2 co-procs, and 1 cargo optimization on a ship w/5 lows.

You’re joking right, the amount of rating being done in null daily is quite remarkable, only thing that will change is that all those wrecks are gonna get looted more, instead of just ignored.

Maybe…marginal cost vs. marginal benefit. If prices go up, then yeah there will be more loot reprocessing…how much depends on the price increase and how much the ratter wants to spend time getting that loot. Yeah, an MTU makes it easier.

I do not see this update working as CCP intends. CCP seems to consistently ignore the psychological aspect of player activity and hi-sec only players, those who are very risk-adverse, whom even null-sec groups struggle to recruit and get moving out to riskier space, will not venture into lowsec but will instead either stick to hisec mining or they will simply start doing other activities instead. In a worst-case scenario for CCP, the hisec players just up and quit the game for good. I swear a lot of gaming companies seem to completely forget just how over-saturated the gaming market in general is. Even if you’re game is unique to everything else, these players will go away and play something else if you annoy them enough. Personal experience, I stopped playing several rather unique games because the developers kept putting in updates that flew in the face of the game’s original design or seemed designed to force a particular habit that I have zero interest in dealing with. There’s plenty of other games I can play if EVE becomes too annoying to deal with.

I also fear that the big nullsec blocks will barge into large pockets of lowsec and claim it as their own which will dis-locate or destroy smaller, low-sec focused groups. If the game devolves into a case of only a few superpowers that will create a death knell for the game.

7 Likes

Блин, хотя бы велдспар оставили бы везде. Про остальные ресурсы то понять можно, постоянно добывают и истощается, но велдспар - самый распостраненный минерал в космосе, и только в пределах Хай-Секов? И зачем тогда новичкам переезжать из Хай-Секов в Лоу, Нули и ВХ если все равно основной ресурс придется добывать в Хаях? Складывается такое ощущение, что разработчики не понимают весь лор и механики своей же игры и делают на “отстаньте”.

Edit by CCP Aurora - Technically the forum rules are indeed English only - but I don’t like seeing feedback deleted if I can avoid it, so here’s a quick google translate to keep the post in line with the rules.

Damn, at least the veldspar would be left everywhere. You can understand about the rest of the resources, they are constantly being mined and depleted, but Veldspar is the most widespread mineral in space, and only within the Hi-Secs? And why then should newcomers move from Hi-Secs to Low, Nulli and VX if all the same the main resource will have to be mined in Khay? One gets the feeling that the developers do not understand the whole lore and mechanics of their own game and do it on the “leave behind”.

Bonsoir,
j’écris en Français car mon anglais est trop limité pour les notions qui vont suivre. Je suis un mineur à la base et voir ces changements à venir me font réfléchir.

Moins de minerai ? → ce sera moins d’alts et de comptes pour miner donc tant pis pour CCP avec mes 5 autres comptes Oméga…

Moins de minerai ? → les propriétaires d’Athanor vont faire la gueule car moins de raffinage entre autres… (ah oui il faut ajouter le réacteur quantique maintenant )

Moins de glace ? les propriétaires de structures vont la trouver saumâtre pour leur fabrication de carburant …(ah oui il faut ajouter le réacteur quantique maintenant )

Moins de minerai → moins de mineurs → Les gankers du CODE vont grimacer … ( hé hé hé)

Moins de minerai → si l’on considère comme certains les mineurs comme les herbivores et les autres des carnivores et si le pâturage des herbivores vient à manquer, les herbivores disparaîtront petit à petit et les carnivores aussi par voie de conséquence…(hé hé hé comme dans tout milieu écologique qui se respecte si vous touchez à la base de la chaîne alimentaire tout ce qui est au-dessus en souffre…)

Moins de minerai → moins d’industrie et autres, donc pourquoi une Raitaru ou plus évolué ?.. (ah oui il faut ajouter le réacteur quantique maintenant )

Bon le HS doit donc mourir et les stations NPC aussi et vive un univers fait de stations et de marchés de joueurs…-> les Alphas apprécieront qu’on se soucie d’eux en les jetant d’emblée dans un tel Univers.

Snif quand je pense à mon investissement dépensé en isk dans un Anshar et un Rorqual pour mes futurs plans…

Peut être alors veut on favoriser l’achat de Plex ? Quand je n’aurai plus qu’un seul compte peut être mais le fait d’avoir 6 comptes oméga entraîne un investissement en Plex plus important je pense vu mes dépenses passées …

Quand je ne minerai plus en Orca + 2 Hulks + 1 Fenrir (où sera l’intérêt alors ? ) eh bien je ne sais pas ce qui va se passer…

En conclusion : CCP va peut être tuer la vache à lait qu’est EVE et donc faire encore une erreur stratégique mais elle là elle va la faire dans EVE. L’histoire des jeux vidéos est remplie de la ruine d’éditeurs ou de la mort de jeux vidéos à cause d’erreurs stratégiques. Maintenant si Abyss veut perdre du pognon pour en gagner ailleurs c’est son droit…

Au fait à tout hasard : si vous avez dans CCP de brillants économistes qui vous ont conseillé de faire cela, rappelez vous que je ne crois qu’en un seul économiste et un seul : Keynes. Pourquoi ? Parce qu’avant de donner des leçons d’économie à F.D. Roosevelt et plus tard H.Trumann il avait fait fortune…

Edit by CCP Aurora - Technically the forum rules are indeed English only - but I don’t like seeing feedback deleted if I can avoid it, so here’s a quick google translate to keep the post in line with the rules.

Good evening,
I write in French because my English is too limited for the notions which will follow. I am a miner at the base and seeing these changes coming makes me think.
Less ore? → it will be less alts and accounts to mine so too bad for CCP with my 5 other Omega accounts …
Less ore? → the owners of Athanor will be angry because less refining among other things … (oh yes we must add the quantum reactor now)
Less ice? the owners of structures will find it brackish for their fuel manufacturing … (oh yes we must add the quantum reactor now)
Less ore → less miners → CODE gankers will wince … (hey hey hey)
Less ore → if we consider minors like herbivores and others carnivores as some people and if herbivore grazing is scarce, herbivores will gradually disappear and carnivores as a consequence … ( hey hey hey as in any eco-friendly environment if you touch the base of the food chain everything above suffers …)
Less ore → less industry and others, so why a Raitaru or more evolved? … (oh yes we must add the quantum reactor now)
So the HS must die and the NPC stations too and long live a universe made up of stations and players’ markets …-> the Alphas will appreciate that we care about them by throwing them straight away in such a universe.
Sniff when I think of my investment spent in isk in an Anshar and a Rorqual for my future plans …
Maybe then we want to promote the purchase of Plex? When I will only have one account, maybe but having 6 omega accounts leads to a larger investment in Plex I think given my past expenses …
When I stop mining in Orca + 2 Hulks + 1 Fenrir (where will the interest be then?) Well I don’t know what’s going to happen …
In conclusion: CCP may kill the cash cow that is EVE and therefore make another strategic mistake, but she is going to make it in EVE. The history of video games is filled with the ruin of publishers or the death of video games due to strategic mistakes. Now if Abyss wants to lose money to earn it elsewhere, it’s his right …
By the way: if you have some brilliant economists in CCP who have advised you to do this, remember that I only believe in one economist and one: Keynes. Why ? Because before giving lessons in economics to F.D. Roosevelt and later H. Trumann he had made a fortune …

3 Likes

Oh great, first I have to worry about gates going offline, now it appears I have to worry about the English language forums going belly up. :wink: