Resource Wars failed/scrapped already after few weeks!

I actually made an alpha just to run RW. Got really annoyed really quick when I saw the rewards. Ended that experiment once I saw what it took to get those paltry rewards. It would lake forever to afford the ISK requirements, and there’s hardly anything in the scenarios to loot.

–Gadget was not impressed

3 Likes

Exactly, and we told them this in the feedback threads for RW when it was on the test server.

What did CCP do?

Stick their fingers in their ears and shout LA LA LA.

5 Likes

Did that alt end up as “–Biomassed Gadget” ? :rofl:

5 Likes

I started playing a week ago. I have no clue what resource wars is besides a chat channel I had by default when I started my character

1 Like

To be honest, Resource Wars was a failure with the way how it was implemented. But I can’t think of a way to improve the implementation probably because I’m not a game developer.

1 Like

The game has been running on fumes for years now. About 5 or 6 years ago CCP decided to cave to the cartel demands and totally skew income potential towards null sec. I have made very clear my suspicions as to why CCP did this.

But why they did it is now irrelevant. They have ruined the player base in all areas other than the null sec cartel zones. And we see the results of that in the PCU and the refusal of CCP to release the current sub rate of paid accounts.

IN 2016 CCP made a killing when they went full-on pay to win with skill injectors. Now we will see in the next month or so what 2017 was like. I suspect it was a mess. Management simply has the blinders on. They wrecked high sec, which was where most players lived. And the same people that wrecked high sec for the benefit of their null sec friends are still in decision-making positions, so nothing will change materially.

So we just watch the game slowly wither, until it hits some critical threshold, and CCP sells it, or puts it in maintenance mode, or they fold the company. I believe the only reason one of the first two things has not happened is because of the extremely well documented list of failures of other games by this company.

8 Likes

Honestly the biggest issue is the LP store/rewards.

Second biggest issue, is ship restriction on race.

Third issue, is the heavy bias to only bring mining ships (can run faster). No really benefit to brining combat players.

3 Likes

I just cant understand why I should care about my clothes in game. I mean there is no station I can walk around in and look at them anymore. That and making them like the only reward for that activity just made the whole activity a bunch of wtf.

So yea I agree with the guy above me, the rewards killed it for it before it got off the ground.

2 Likes

And the saddest thing is they could fix it with a patch. It doesn’t need to give out new items or skins, just make it a half decent LP store. Maybe even give away some ORE faction modules.

Honestly the official announcement that they aren’t going to work on it is as bad if not worse than them launching it bad (the LP store) as is.

3 Likes

I tried resource wars…couldn’t do it because of the requirements, a venture cannot mine and defend against those rats, and my PVE combat skills are good, newer players never stood a chance.

1 Like

you’re supposed to do them with several people. did some with a newbro, was alright.

1 Like

Yes you can in the level 1 and 2 sites.

Well, it was only a trial run and I didn’t know what level it was but it was not worth getting into.

1 Like

Okay, that I do believe to be the case. That agency window thing is not very helpful and gives no information on a very large cluttered space with many colors nobody understands.

Anyhow, when I looked at the LP store, I decided to log out again.

1 Like

Ummm, you know that Valkyrie is on the market for PS4 VR, and it’s ■■■■■■■ amazing, right?

Terrorists demand, decent human beings ask.

4 Likes

Holy hell, I have forgotten about Mining NPCs… Seemed like a great idea, even dedicated some weeks trying to make something out of it.
The clear problem was that outside of the skins, making ISKs out of it was a clear waste. The fight with the rescue fleet was pointless since those didn’t drop anything, so what was supposed to be a combat training tool for fleets and a way to interact with NPCs ended up just being a pointless, unprofitable pain.

Seriously, what the hell is so wrong with CCP that they seem to have some much difficulties realizing that if they give proper rewards, people will use the things they spend so much time building!!
I tried Resource Wars too, same fuming deal, it’s not a path to a career, dead ISKs = no community around.
They have a community of people who have ran the same content for YEARS (starts with a I), and why? Because it is profitable. How hard is it to see that you could do the exact same thing with all those new features??? Like just change the rewards, how freaking hard is that???

Bah, whatever, just scrap them, FOBs, RWs, Mining Fleets, Gurista/BR Shipyards, waste of freaking hype, nice job working on those videos hyping us up though…

1 Like

you know that Valkyrie has been cut right? they cut it because they barely broke even it so they fired almost all the VR dev team along with most of our community devs that actually did things with us and closed down the whole ATL office location which was sold to another company. since inception ccp has gone from 600 employees to under 200, but don’t worry ccp assures us we had more subs than ever, we just evened out the log on times so space is more empty than ever.

1 Like

who is WE?

JuuR

The only two issues with resource wars:

Too many rules/limitations
Horrible/extremely boring rewards

3 Likes