Resource Wars. Where is CODE?

There’s an awful lot of that in CODE threads.

Wierd that so many have said they want null adventure threads when null spends so much effort keeping folk out. I guess after coming back Im kind of glad to see things other than wars and such Im unable to take part in.

I bet CODE does not post all their ship losses

specially ones lost to CONCORD

You know Ima with the “new” mining ledgers code has yet to inspect the amounts of ore ripped from belts by unscrupulous individuals, I really think those books need to be looked at or paid under the table to, you know…go away, :face_with_raised_eyebrow: sloppy work.

Uncharacteristically salty post…

Maybe you never actually tasted real salt if you think that was salty. It was just a lack of coffee shining trough really.

1 Like

They aren’t bot aspirant
or player controlled bots
they just NPCs?

I am not sure he is saving high sec by protecting his children,
but rather by putting them at risk

the question should be:

will PVE players respond to increasingly PC like NPCs as they have responded to the CODE?

by adapting as some do, which for some means buying a permit, or fighting back, and thus accepting their salvation

or reject challenging them and their resource wars as it is not an afk nin/maxable activity, in which case James315 will have more careless miners to teach about risk/reward- though the CODE’S targets will not be NPC miners- why would they be?

1 Like

They don’t exactly deny it.
This has been covered elsewhere.
Check Ima_wreckyou’s post history

Its not pure RP because they have in game goals and make statements that they enforce in game, with game mechanics
I would say they role-play
but they do not play pretend

We can argue about semantics, but there is a difference between RPing a space tyrant, while actually running an in game alliance that holds space, and RPing a space tyrant who ‘plays’ a space tyrant in a chat channel, but who holds no space.

That is why they reject the RP distinction- they are gamers first and playing the game, not using the game to play pretend.

Different visions.

Hi Patti, it’s the reason that - so far - my own definition of my style of play is that of ‘pure gaming, with role-play elements’. The ‘elements’ are not obligatory. This is in contrast to the practice of standard role-playing, as demonstrated by the members of the IGS Forum, where the role-playing has obligatory (IC) requirements.

Technically, the Code and the Permits and all that are a response to a bumping problem and not to suicide-ganking at all. It’s only that the ganking brings home the message to the miners in a stark and rather sudden way, a way which avoids the need for long drawn-out bumping campaigns.

Hm. That 2nd para seems a bit disconnected. Forgive me if I’ve rambled.

1 Like

Please, don’t apologise to me of all people for making off tangent paragraphs and long posts,
not that the part I quoted was either of those things.

Not obligatory- but they add to the content and immersion, and help make eve a ‘social universe simulator’ rather than a boring theme park-

eg. eve role-play at its best

Now, where did I put my robe and wizard hat?

Can I quote myself, I am not going to insult the intelligence of anyone on this forum by ‘Role-Playing’ that I do not like the sound of my own voice:

3 Likes

This whole sub-discussion is just semantics.

On one level we all role play our character. This is a MMORPG where you play a fictional character in a fictional universe. That is the barest definition of role play, but not what a LARPer or real role actor would claim as true in-character role play. For that you have to act and communicate as how the fictional character would act based on what that fictional character knows and how that fictional character would behave. On pretty much every level, the New Order of Highsec fails to meet those criteria.

Yes, on occasion members of the New Order play with aspects of real role play, usually as part of their officiously pretentious act, but largely everything that is done and all communications are on the level of this being a competitive spaceship video game, not as part of the game universe. In fact, a tenant of the Code largely rejects the canonical lore of New Eden that is the core of the real role play community of Eve, and replaces it with their own story which is set here, in real world earth, rather than in an imaginary other galaxy. Just like most of the other alliances in the game.

The Code talks of the CSM, botting programs, keyboards and not being at keyboards, the EULA, and plenty of other things that are not part of the game universe. And while there are still some trappings of real role play there, chiefly the persona of James 315 himself as a religious saviour, none of the content of minerbumping.com
nor almost any of the activity of the New Order in game have to do with real roleplaying any more than most of the rest activity that goes on in this video game.

This discussion isn’t very interesting to me so let’s all just agree everyone is right, and Code is or isn’t role play depending on everyone’s own personal definition of what roleplaying is, and move on.

4 Likes

When they do RP it’s often for comedy value alone, and could be seen as a social commentary on the real world.

A lot of the amusing stuff is basically Edward Teach meets the Spanish Inquisition, complete with a snazzy red presence in local.

4 Likes

Lol, you’re relevant to high sec carebears, that’s all there is really. Also null sec and j-space politics are not talked about on these shity forums. You have to read blogs and listen to podcasts to get info.

Because they are boring and cater to a minority.

1 Like

No, that’s your entitled useless opinion. The actual reason is that these forums are a terrible platform to discuss it.

A third of EvE lives below 0.1 sec status. And that third is overwhelmingly responsible for everything that is created and destroyed in the game. What a fool you are believing you mean something to this game.

By making the gankers worse EVE players because they resort to alt armies instead of actual players and showing clear signs of bot aspiration?

Way to create a strawman. Or twenty.

Your insular club of people who know people is utterly irrelevant and the lack of anything interesting clearly shows that.

And if that wasnt all, your knee jerk defensive reaction pretty much proves why (your estimate) of 66% of all players dont give a toss what faction has lost or gain whatever nameless sector.

Because it doesnt matter who controls what as long as its controlled.

Oh and please continue to claim my “opinion” is wrong… then back it up in the same post. One third is a minority.

1 Like

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. Code exists to pick on people who won’t fight back and it is normal for these cowardly types to be unable to compete on an even playing field.

BTW how have the alliance tournaments been working out for you, code?

Then they kinda choose to be easy targets.