Response to Gallente Federation intervention in Caldari State affairs

It is not obvious that a personality as mighty as Tibus Heth would succumb totally to the Sansha; could he resist the programming and turn it against his captors, wholly or partly, becoming perhaps a hybrid of Caldari will and Sansha technology?

1 Like

Tibus Heth displayed no special force of will, only tactical skill. As has been pointed out previously by those who remember his tenure fondly, he did not even put up a fight to retain his hold on power. Instead, he fled and was lost in a Sansha attack.

Fame does not impart strength of will. Nor is there any reason to believe the Sansha, who have used forced integration literally billions of times, have not encountered individuals of particularly formidable strength of will in the past, and developed the means to wear that will down without endangering a network of, again, literally billions of minds, all reinforcing one another’s singularity of purpose and devotion.

Your speculation is as foolish as your obscene devotion to slaughter.

Now that’s completely something not important.

We are at WAR, and we are fighting FOREIGN INVADERS. Integrity of Caldari State, security of our territories, lives of our citizens are more important than chasing criminals all over cluster. And I would certainly do that after the WAR is over, because my primary duty is Protecting Caldari State. Of course, there are war criminals and I deal with them swiftly - but again, I can’t chase even a war criminal or same the most disgusting of humans our cluster can vomit - a despised filthy gurista scum - when gallente invader flies other side. I will have to chase a gallente.

And even if I issue warrants - you see, I don’t waste my time for chasing, for example, same slanderer scum like Yassavi - I assume you mentioned that warrant? I sit here, killing enemies of the State. I know she is an enemy of the State as well, like gurista, and many others, and, eventually, I will come after every one of them. But the most dangerous and threatening to life of ordinary people enemy should come down first.

The Federation must be destroyed.

It is, in fact, incredibly important when considering your claim that:

Are you seriously claiming the State cannot defend itself from external enemies while upholding its own laws internally? I certainly don’t think the State is that weak.

Considering that I quoted exactly that, there’s no need for you to assume anything. That is the warrant I specifically referenced.

So a member of the Amarr militia is an enemy of the State, because you feel she has violated a law? That’s a dangerous precedent to set, Commander. If we hold to that standard, then the Templis Dragonaur are enemies of the State, because they have been judged to have committed a crime by the CEP.

And you believe that the Federation, which is at most nibbling at a few low-population worlds in the warzone, and actively arguing in the Inner Circle that violence against civilian populations should be forbidden, are more of a danger to the lives of ordinary people that two groups who have, within the last five years:

1. attempted to unleash a Kyonoke plague upon New Eden, including infecting a Caldari city through their criminally negligent handling of dangerous bioweapons
  2. regularly attack civilian populations with the specific intention of destroying those populations’ ordinary lives.

Is that correct?

4 Likes

No.

1. As far as I remember, it was a FIO influenced operation, though involvement of certain Dragonaurs members were certain. I still don’t trust them because of that - just like Ishukone, these two organizations represent threat to Caldari State as a gatways for Federal agents.

2. One who destroy populatoin ordinary lives are Gallente with their Black Rise Death Squads. Dragonaurs are just Caldari Culture Preservation Society, not killers of Caldari. I haven’t heard about them attacking regular civilian populations like Gallente were doing.

Point 2 spoke of the organization the Dragonaurs are working with: the Sansha.

So if we take your response to point 1, then the Dragonaur appear to also have a history of working with enemies of the State (FIO, now Sansha) in order to advance their political agenda within the State.

You aren’t exactly helping their case, you know.

My main point is, even if they’re criminals, they’re OUR criminals (well, unlike same Sansha), and we can take care of them. It’s not Federal business! And if any gallente swine will dare to put its filthy snout into Caldari business, we shall tear it apart.

Of course it’s not. But a few opportunistic capsuleers represent an insignificant threat when compared to that compared to a wide-spread criminal organization with long-standing ties to the subtle channels of power in the State being infiltrated and compromised by Sansha’s Nation.

Make no mistake, Commander: the threat posed by the Sansha subverting the Dragonaur is an existential one, and it is one that must be addressed before it can take root. Once it does… once the infection takes hold… how can you ever trust anyone in power?

Most certainly… not.
Dragonaurs, as I have said, are a Caldari Culture Preservation Society, they pose no threat at all - especially to loyal citizens. They might have some issues with me personally, since of my… birth defects, but I haven’t had any problems with them, honestly. As for the FIO penetration - again, it is as much a threat as you allow it to be. If you don’t let them in - then you won’t in as well possible Gallente agents, it is easy like that.

And my protocols are incredibly tight.

As for Sansha nation - these space zombies indeed represent a threat to unprotected civilian areas. But in space? We just mop floors with them.

These Vimoksha chorus?.. A splinter from space zombie who infests our space, but they don’t infest space… yet… and I haven’t heard them stealing peoples - again, because they lack resources for full scale incursion to support that. So for me, that’s literally minimal threat.

Of course, each of them do represent certain degree of threat, but neither of them, nor they combined form an existential threat.

Do you know, who do? The Gallente Federation.

They do attack civilian population. The do commit genocide on colonies. They do torture captives, starve them, rape them and keep them in explosive cells in case someone escapes - then others go boom. And they do have very strong military branch that protects their atrocious operations. Even more, they spread their propaganda, trying to infest weak minds with their inhuman ideals of freedoms, democracies and other useless crap like that, seducing uneducated or poorly educated civilians into life of filth and degradation in Gallete society.

And this is why the Federation must be destroyed.

On the subject of Heth being saved/kidnapped by the Vimoksha Chorus, didn’t the convoy carrying him show signs that they had been destroyed by energy weapons?

When a zealot like him begins speaking sense, something has gone horribly wrong.

I’ve seen some declassified studies of older True Slave cybernetics, and their horrific nature is only matched by their sophistication. Barring literal divine intervention circumventing the rules of biology, no amount of willpower can allow someone who has had them implanted resist their control, and there is nothing any of the four empires can do to save someone from being reprogrammed into a perfect servant of Sansha’s Nation unless they are rescued almost immediately afterward.

3 Likes

You assume that Heth would be made into a True Slave. It’s possible his standing and politics could have enabled him to avoid that specific fate.

You’re absolutely correct otherwise, though.

2 Likes

Even if he is indoctrinated into a true slave, I see there will be little changes on the societal scenes of the State.
Seeing human being not by their rights but their worth, commodifying them.
I see… similarities.

1 Like

Oh, gods and spirits, Mr. Raholan.

A thick pea soup also has similarities to organic mortar. It doesn’t make it a good idea to serve the mortar for dinner.

(Also I’d contest that the State “commodifies” anybody. The Caldari are one of the few cultures around that never got around to actually treating people as property. Treating them as dead when their lives become a serious enough inconvenience is another matter, but it’s still not the same.)

Have you tried MRE #4? That sure tastes like mortar. Which kind is open to the interpretation of the meal recipient.

1 Like

I once thought Caldari is reasonable enough to see the evils of oppression done by Amarr, Sansha and other sorts.
My past conversations with your “strike commander” proven otherwise.
Caldarian oppression is that of oppression by fiscal strength ans ruthlessness.
Classic might makes right.
Those who achieve success are respected, but those who are downtrodden are considered as mere debris.
From your corporate magnates to paupers tossed in the streets, all human beings deserve same right, same treatment and same voice because and only because they are human, not else.

The Caldari are reasonable. It’s only Kim who believes that letting her house rot is fine, as long as the whole thing falls on her enemy.

2 Likes

I understand your concern, but know that I do not oppose Caldari State alone.
My enemy is very concept of oppression, not else.
Tyranny by system, by Amarr and Sansha.
Tyranny by force, by the Cartel, Caldari, and Code.
Both breed of tyrants deserve one fate and one fate alone, the guillotine.

I am not sure of your nationality good sir, but if you happen to be a citizen of the state, tell me.
What does the Caldari State think of the one sacred truth of freedom, is it labelled as a sin as the strike commander suggested?

I’m not Caldari, but I have worked with enough of them to confirm that they are actually annoyingly reasonable most of the time. And no, they dont see it as a sin. They just classify it a bit differently.

My deepest apologies sir, I have not noticed that you are a Matari.
Thank you for your clarification, I sincerely appreciate it.
May the Matari forgive me for my lineage.

Octavech Raholan
Ex-Holder
Freedom Fighter
Proud Apostate

What about oppression by democracy? It’s a very real thing, after all. Let’s say you put 80 Pols in a room with 20 Aldriths and take a vote on the issue of ‘should all the Amarr be locked in an airtight room and suffocated?’

I’m pretty sure that by a completely and totally democratic process, you’d find the majority will pack the Aldriths up and de-gas them.

Most Caldari do understand the difference between sociological freedom—i.e. ‘agency’ or ‘self-determination’—and physics freedom, the lack of bonds between one object and another. Kim has had this difference explained to her a number of times, and even had it illustrated in the Megacorporate secession from the Federation, but refuses to allow anything into her head that might resemble a fact.

Edit: The example used is a little flippant, but the concept of ‘the tyranny of the majority’ is a pretty standard worry in most even partially-democratic traditions. Marginalized minorities, by the very nature of being minorities, are systemically marginalized as they lack the numbers to prevent themselves from being steam-rollered in any scenario that requires counting votes.

2 Likes