Restraining orders balancing the scale with Griefers

So I claim Jita as my home, start putting restraining orders on everyone… Who needs war decs ever again?

This is a horrible idea that could be grossly misused to create far more grief than bumping ever could… Yeah go for it!

2 Likes

Sorry, but if you keep getting killed by a set group of people… MOVE.

You can always go somewhere else.

My motto, “Has ship will travel.”

2 Likes

OP posts thread about trolls and griefers…Trolls and griefers flock to thread to blame him! Speak with your wallet OP. It’s the only words CCP will hear.

Want to mine in peace go to null.

No, the OP proposed an idea. The idea may have spawned from griefing but it was an idea none the less.

The problem is, the OP did not fully consider the implications of the idea or how it could be twisted. It’s the usual brainstorming issue of the creator thinking an idea is great but being blinded to the other potential uses.

In the OP’s case, the abuses could cause far, far more problems than it would solve. Many posts are pointing these flaws out.

3 Likes

OP proposed an idea that’ll give more benefits to ‘trolls and griefers’ than anyone else.

Do your own dirty work and fight your own battles. Just HTFU in general. The game isn’t going to do your work for you.
Disgusting…

1 Like

The amount of safety nets for op is pretty intense
Adapt or die

2 Likes

If you have a beef with someone, shoot them (or pay someone else to shoot them).

EVE already provides the tools for players to sort out their issues. We don’t need more mechanics to do it instead.

Ok, who else knew this was from a Mission Ready Mining carebear before he checked the killboard

:raised_hand:

4 Likes

Oh one of those TRUE VINE guys? Not gonna pretend I had him pegged but lel, makes sense now.

EDIT: oh, they’re not with VINE anymore either. wow, i have been gone for too long.

Actually this scenario is exactly what we are talking about. Additionally, the intent of restraining orders is not to level the playing field and it is not selfish, but, merely to increase the amount of content in the game. Currently, these mega greifers are able to constantly bump and then bring on a war target after 1-3 hours of bumping. Its actually more of a way to get those who get bumped to fight back as well as make a other wise safe player who likes to bump a target without having to implement something like bumping damage. It simply makes it available to war dec on a one on one level and not just on a mass scale. It has limited engagement and could take those who play the safe bumping game and make them susceptible to their own griefing. It does not take away the bumpers power. It simply just makes it less safe. Additionally, there are ways to abuse the system which is what all greifers enjoy doing.

Do you really think they will consider implementing something like this just because your >3000 people alliance can’t handle a single bumper?

3 Likes

I mean, it’s Kalorned were talking about
He’s an endgame boss :wink:

4 Likes

Firstly restraining orders would not be free, there would also be a cool off time, it would need to be in home system and there would be a limit to how many could be implemented at once. However, there is nothing in stone on how they may be applied. I was thinking more about peoples input. Of course bumpers and griefers will have a problem with this and its not a care bare tactics so much as a punch back when you are punched scenario. Or a misuse of the system as well. It would would shake things up a bit.

Who else knew this was a Kalorned Alt, who also moved from three different systems to follow and grief us. Yes, we did make efforts to leave the griefers behind. This last move they actually moved in before the rest of the corp new about the system. They use out of corp alts and a couple war targets with little to no risk to them. Fight back and get concorded. We have learned to fight back and get away from the bumpers. However, new bros just keep having their asses handed to them, with little reprucussions. Yes restraining orders would shake things up and make high sec just a little less safe for the Kalornies of the world.

You know, I’m all for more tools to “shake up things”. But CCP will never implement something like this. On the contrary, they have quite the history of nerfing Highsec agression mechanics into the ground.

Also this would probably not work in your favour.

Let’s be a bit more clear what we are dealing with here and what you are asking for.

Kalorned is a highly skilled player using every existing game mechanic to its full potential to outplay you. If you change the rules he will adapt immediately. On the other hand you have a bunch of carebears who have no clue what they are doing and despite their numbers have no idea how to deal with a single player.

Now you try to get a new complex aggression mechanic implemented. Who do you think this will benefit more? The highly skilled player who cares about game mechanics and uses them to the fullest, or the clueless carebear who probably will not even know about it?

6 Likes

You know this is a good example of how much Kalorned and crew has griefed. We cannot make a comment anywhere on the internet without the imput of a Kalorned alt adding their input. I mean who does that? The reality is you have put so much effort into derailing one corp and for what? This is my point the ultra trolls of the world need to seek help. The Kalornies are bereft of empathy or compassion. Going and killing or being killed is one thing, but, at a certain point they come up to the line and just because CCP has protected you this far does not mean they will continue to do so. If they can implement a game mechanic that shakes things up, they may very well do so. We are not asking them to nerf high sec greifing, but, to change how its done and take the safety net out from under those who have exploited the mechanics and employ new tools. Yes we know things can be exploited with this, and that is the point. We are not looking to make life safe, we are looking to make it unsafe for the griefers as they have the care bears. I am not new to the Kalornies and they know I will do what I can when I can. I don’t ask for your respect as it means nothing to me.

1 Like

I’m not a Kalorned alt, but I feel faltered.

I’m almost inclined to join his commendable efforts now :rofl:

Don’t worry, my “bumper alt” is in a corp, so you can properly wardec him if you like.

2 Likes

UMHMM, as we can see from your kill board, you only go after ships that can’t fight back. At least my kills have been on a righteous plane. Even when you drop Kurissa on me. I am OK with that. Because at least my fights are legit.

1 Like