Revamped Daily Rewards System

I like this change, good refresh.
I do have a question about the skins tho, say I want the same skin on 2 toons on the same account will that be possible? or will I need to choose what toon gets the skin? The skins look nice and I have overlap on some of my accounts will I need to run through all available skins till I can get 1 skin on 2 toons?

2 Likes

Neat! I like this and have nothing to complain about, oddly enough.

3 Likes

Question regarding limited time login rewards: will we have to switch from regular login rewards to the “other” ones like now, or a single click will collect both rewards? That’s extremely boring, especially when managing multiple accounts.
Thanks.

1 Like

The regular and event rewards will still be in separate tabs with their own buttons. That’s something I hope we can streamline in the future but we mostly left the event login rewards system alone for this particular set of changes to keep things achievable in our schedule.

10 Likes

Good changes, except for the boosters. My main issue with them is that this is an instance of an RNG-generated out-of-game item that significantly impacts gameplay.

The existing daily-login boosters do not add any additional gameplay enhancements that are not already available though in-game mechanics. The other ‘special occasion’ boosters were limited in scope (ie impacted only 1-2 stats) AND were given to everyone across the board.

These new boosters cast a wide net of impact, and at T5 offer a significant in-game performance improvement (ie 5% resists + damage). This would be extremely useful advantage in an abyssal PVP environment, for example.

For drugs such as Pyro, it is not as big of a deal because anyone can go buy one off market to get the same benefits. For this booster, that will not be an option, resulting in a insurmountable advantage for someone who happens to get a “good roll” (or has sufficient accounts to make up the difference).

tl;dr OP boosters + RNG = bad

4 Likes

You mean Confusing V?

2 Likes

RNG good, that’s what keeps items in games interesting, desirable (and thus more tradable) and non-fungible/unique, each one is varied. That’s why guns for example are so fun in games like Borderlands and others. Same with Abyssal mutaplasmids.

I think you missed my point. RNG by itself isn’t bad. Abyssal rolled mods is RNG and is perfectly fine. You can just keep re-rolling to get the desired result.

These boosters are not that. You cannot “re-roll” to get the booster you want. It is literally, “did I get lucky in the past week to hit the magic booster I was looking for?”. That is bad because there is no player choice involved.

3 Likes

Lottery. I’m ok with that as long as the random distribution is good.

1 Like

CCP’s goal: “Oh crap, my ‘I win’ booster expires tomorrow. I have to log in and grind some PvE before that happens.”

Seems like RNG will accomplish that.

While I’m no fan of daily rewards, I’m glad to see the rewards will finally become useful!

• Removal of blueprint copy rewards → great! Trashed them anyway, but they shouldn’t have been competing with the blueprint market in the first place
  • Permanent skins → great! Now I’ll finally pay attention to them as I do like ship skins. The old temporary skins for random ships you might fly next year were kind of… useless?
  • New Boosters → nice! Glad to see useful boosters that aren’t competing with the ingame booster market and do not give you random downsides when automatically redeemed.

The booster bonuses seem interesting. (I’m no abyssal runner, but I do wonder how many people will start waiting for a lucky daily booster drop to run next tiers of abyssals for the duration of these boosters.)

Looking forward to these changes!

7 Likes

No realy, why you call Halcyon Dawn skins new? its bioadaptive skins just recolored.

1 Like

What, should the skins you get for free for logging in be tradable so you and your 100 alpha accounts can start selling them on the market for a nice price? Or the omega rewards too if you have a few dozen skill-farmed omega accounts?

I too do not like ‘bound to account’ stuff in a game like EVE where the player-run market is an important part of the game. However, there are very good reasons the free login rewards cannot be sold on the market.

Login reward skins would be rather meaningless if you could just buy them all on day one on the market if your wallet is big enough. And players would be compelled to spin up many more alts if just having alt accounts makes you free ISK.

2 Likes

It may be a recolour, but it’s a new recolour.

While you can complain that the skin line isn’t the best-looking biggest-effort skins that CCP released, it’s a free skin, so who cares?

3 Likes

The daily login is not supposed to be Yet Another ISK Hose.

1 Like

I already do that with the skilling spree. If it is only 1 npc for 5000 sp, I move on to the next toon.

considering how common these skins would become, it wouldn’t be an isk hose. Besides, market is a sink due to taxes.

Isk sinks aren’t a problem. Pay to win is.

These boosters are extremely overpowered when considering they have no cost, having so many bonuses that effect core aspects of ships with zero downsides doesn’t sound like a good idea at all.

3 Likes

was really excited for the mining boosters, till i realized that there is a low chance i’m gonna want to use them since there is probably zero chance i can get the same booster across all my miners at the same time. If they lasted say a month, would be cool to be able to save till they all had a RANGE boost and be able to utilize it properly etc…