I think webs strength should not be a direct 60% value either.
Instead, the speed of a ship should be a factor of its thrust, and its mass.
Then the propmods would only have a additional thrust and an additional mass, instead of the speed bonus they have now.
EG let’s take the machariel
instead of having a max speed of 161, it would have a base thrust of 94.7MT*161= 15.2 GT, which would effectively make a base speed of 161 m/s.
We can assume a “average” BS mass is 100MT.
Now consider the 500MN mwd T2
Instead of providing a speed bonus of 510%, they would instead
- add 100MT of mass on activation (= doubles the BS mass)
- add a raw amount of thrust to multiply the standard BS speed by 6.1.
Webs would simply increase the mass of the targeted ship
- small webs increase the mass by 1 MT with 40m sig radius
- medium webs would increase the mass by 10MT with sig radius 130m
- large webs would increase the target mass by 100MT, sig radius 400m
The sig radius is to avoid a single large web does divides a frigate speed by 100. Effective mass increase = module mass increase * min(target radius / module radius, 1) just like for stationary targets and missiles.
THEN some ships could also have a webifying resistance, which reduces the mass they are given by module, INCLUDING THE MWD/AB : the effective mass gained is module_mass*100/(100+bonus webifying resistance), so even with a +100 web resistance you only resist 50% of the mass gain(yet not enough for yo mama).