RIP Stephen Hawking

Stephen W. Hawking, the Cambridge University physicist and best-selling author who roamed the cosmos from a wheelchair, pondering the nature of gravity and the origin of the universe and becoming an emblem of human determination and curiosity, has died at his home in Cambridge, England. He was 76.

may his soul be forever in the stars.

17 Likes

Well, I think he deserves in-game monument to honor him. Some time ago I bought his A Brief History of Time. Must have for all New Eden pilots.

11 Likes

o7

CCP should put monument in space or name a module, do anything CCP!

Black hole in High sec!

12 Likes

This man should be honoured above all others

RIP

6 Likes

o7 professor

8 Likes

Out of all the discussions I’ve seen on these forums over the past 5 months that I’ve been back in EVE Online, this has to be the best idea I’ve seen yet.

CCP, in game monument for Stephen Hawking, it’s a moral imperative. As to where it should be? How about in the New Eden system. Technically the EVE Gate is, as far as the in game lore would be, closest to Earth.

Thoughts everyone?

11 Likes

One of the greatest survivors in history, not only a great mind.

o7

7 Likes

A Brief History of Time as ingame item would be nice.

11 Likes

In-game monument or that other monument gets it! :rage:

7 Likes

RIP o7

CCP this man when faced with the horror of what he had to face in his life HTFU and gave us all incredible insight and hope.

a monument is fitting to honour his incredible life.

4 Likes

A black hole somewhere notable would be awesome
o7

7 Likes

Signal Cartel will hold cyno vigil for Stephen Hawking today (2018-03-14) at 22:00 EVE time.
We form up in Zoohen solar system. Everyone who wants to commemorate great scientist is welcome to join us.
Note that Signal Cartel is strictly neutral corporation so please avoid using any offensive modules.

12 Likes

“It would not be much of a universe if it wasn’t home to the people you love.”- Stephen Hawking.

Fly free among the stars.

o7

5 Likes

Oh no!!!

Mankind did just take a huge loss of a great mind and soul. May he rest in peace!!

Thank you Signal Cartel and I am on board with a monument.

6 Likes

A man who touched so many people with his mind and who pushed the boundaries of knowledge.

A monument would be a fitting gesture for a great man.

7 Likes

Even though his body is gone, the wisdom of his mind will still live on.

o7 Stephen Hawking

5 Likes

Back to star stuff he doth return.

RIP to one of my heroes.

A big +1 to a memorial black hole. Better yet if it contained one, lone station that held every skill book available in the game as a memorial library and university.

9 Likes

A monument, or perhaps renaming the capsule that pilots live in the Hawking Capsule. The capsule all pilots use would have allowed Stephen to maneuver a ship as well as anyone else.

9 Likes

o7.
Massive inspiration.
A memorial audio pack for aura mabey?
I’d use it.

6 Likes

I propose that we change HTFU to ‘Hawking the F Up’.

He embodied the idea of spitting in the eye of fate and not only surviving, but prospering and pushing the boundaries of science. Truly an inspiration.

–Sad but Inspired Gadget

6 Likes