Risk / Reward in Suicide Ganking out of Order?

Of course. And most people dont have remorse for the 100 billion isk jump freighter being AFK in niarja. Infact, do you want me to ask around?

People already know me as a nice guy, no need for me to show them what they already know.

Yeah, you’re all upset. You’re accustomed to being the one who is doing the manipulating, not the one who got manipulated.

Cya

Im pretty sure i was the one laughing, and you were the one whining and complaining and crying.

Ouch.

Oh my. Why am i not surprised.

I congratulate you on conceding to a superior intellect and bowing out of the discussion.

Next time, you should really learn to argue better. It will make you look less foolish.

I don’t think most players in EVE feel remorse for someone who gets ganked in that situation. What are you trying to point out, that @Solonius_Rex is a regular EVE player with reasonable expectations? Oh no, that’s terrible!

1 Like

Remorse would be for the attacker. I am sure most players have empathy for the victim. Those who don’t have empathy or remorse is what need to change. A concept chest thumping toads will never comprehend.

Someone puts up a blindfold and walks across a highway. He gets hit.

Do you feel remorse or empathy?

I feel like the guy was stupid for expecting any other outcome. And I feel the same for people who get ganked hauling 100 billion ISK afk.

1 Like

Do you honestly believe that someone walking across a highway wearing a blindfold is a valid comparison? A more valid comparison would be the guy that walks down an alley way wearing lots of gold and gets mugged for it. Granted he was an idiot for doing it, but he still is deserving of empathy.

Not really, because while it’s stupid of him to do so, mugging is a crime. As such, I can feel sorry for him when he gets mugged; I wouldn’t like to get mugged either.

PvP in a PvP game like EVE is not a crime. It’s like getting killed in Counterstrike or League of Legends, or Fortnite if you prefer. You make a mistake, you lose. Respawn and try again. And if you don’t want to get killed, don’t play. It’s simple as that!

I don’t feel sorry for someone getting killed in a game that’s about killing people. And EVE is all about destroying enemy ships, if you had not yet noticed.

1 Like

Eve is about what each player makes it about, for themselves. YOU choose to make it about “killing people”. There is nothing in Eve that forces people to “kill” other players. Nothing, not one thing - zip. Your “score” in Eve is what you make it about.

Players choose to initiate force and aggression against another player and destroy or steal their justly acquired property - or not.

Why is it a crime? Because someone initiated force and used that force as a tool to steal the property of someone else.

In Eve, all in-game property belongs to the individual players so long as it was acquired within the rules of the game (its mechanics) and adherence to the EULA. If another player initiates force and steals or destroys that property, then they are an in-game criminal.

It may just be space pixels to you, but that player that spent six months to build or collect or earn that thing for which you have no regard - it means something to them. Even if they are “being dumb” for walking down that alley in Eve and getting ganked, they’ve still had their property destroyed or stolen by the use of force, not voluntarily.

Pixels or the real world. It’s the same to many.

So, you can choose to make Eve a game about flower gardening?

Even if you aren’t killing other players, you are probably being put into situations to kill NPCs.

I suppose so, but I’ve yet to identify a flower-box in a docking array. I suppose there may be some mold in Minimatar stations that one could pretend to cultivate.

Eve is a game about killing people.

And there is an entire world of difference between a piece of software code and a human being.

If that is your choice, then I can regard you as a horrible person.

Then I can regard you as a horrible person for thinking Xeux is a horrible person.

You have made yourself the victim it seems.

Sophomoric attempts at turning tables impresses only freshmen.

Wasn’t trying to impress anyone. Just making a statement.

A good waste of electrons.

As is your effort in game. Why do you want the game to be so easy for you?

1 Like