ROCK ROCK TILL YA DROP - WE Need more rocks! (to mine)

One of the things that is truly comical for any noob to watch is the ludicrous level of ’ Mr X is an alt of an alt of an alt of Mr Y’ paranoia.

2 Likes

I figured that.

All the more reasons to disengage from that :clown_face: and never again exchange words with him. As I said, I have very little time for trolls and it’s already spent.
Thanks for the heads up.

Coping or not, he has serious issues. Better leave him in a corner and pretend he’s furniture.
smh

I think the game has dislodged something in their brain after having played it for so long, like the ability to deferenciate real life and game life so all the paranoia that’s only supposed to kick in while in-game rears its ugly head in forums and - omg, who knows? - out in the real world.

1 Like

I can tell that in game you are a forum alt and in real life you are angry as ■■■■.

Calm down, temp.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

Mining is really a hangover from the days when many online worlds used ‘camping’ as a means of gaining in-game money. The idea of camping being that it raises attendance stats, either globally or in individual regions people want to attract others to so they will buy other stuff. Campers get paid to hang about.

So mining is really just glorified camping. All the added bells and whistles in Eve don’t really alter that underlying reality. That said, it is hard to see what alternative there could be in Eve, because unlike in most other forms of camping the actual product of that camping is itself used in the game.

1 Like

That “product” doesn’t have to be got by players, it’s not a must. All that ore and/or minerals can be given as login bonuses. Mining isn’t something we cannot do without, especially in a game where everything is pixel controlled by developers.
The login mineral rewards could be given to Omega accounts… more revenue for CCP and “Calm down miner” would be a thing of the past.
Of course, miner hunting seems to be fun for some PvPers so…

If you gave absolutely everyone ‘mining tokens’ depending on how long they were logged in for, you would then have a ‘division of labour’ issue. Economies rely on not everyone doing the same thing. But if everyone is effectively a miner all the time then the range of things to do decreases…but because many of those formerly mining would likely not spend as much time doing something else the overall level of activity decreases too. So the whole thing becomes counter-productive. The secret to a booming economy is actually to create more ‘jobs’.

No, it’s actually to create more debt, but that’s besides the point. We’re talking about EVE sans Mining, right? I don’t see the problem of giving each Omega account 500k of whatever mineral at each login everyday as a login bonus. I don’t think it would break the game. What’s more, I think that those who argue that any such change ( not this one especially ) would “break” the game is either full of it or uses an excuse in lieu of good argument.

So, rewriting pretty much every mechanic in the game and remove a large % of an already dwindling player base would work how?

Eve is a market/wealth sim with a pvp component, remove the core mechanics to get rid of mining and industry, hence wealth gathering - It becomes another game, it’s no longer Eve.

That is exactly what it has been since release - shoot npc’s make isk, go mining make isk, build ships etc to sell on market make isk. Shoot someone elses assets in space - take their isk.
Remove the core mechanics of isk generation and loss, what is the point of holding sov, faction warfare, shooting npc’s, market trading (the most common form of PVP in Eve)

The whole game revolves around making isk for yourself and taking isk from others. That is true for everyone from nul bloks to highsec gankers - without wealth generation they have no reason to login.

You simply “paid” with real money for something the game is designed for you to earn - All your credit card did was give CCP money. Oh and obviously you got instant gratification from your cash investment. Sadly you didn’t engage with the game to earn your isk so missed out on a fundamental part of eve
And in all honesty, if you think 10 bil isk a lot of isk - you are really missing something.

You want to just throw a credit card at a game for the “win”, there are far better games to do that in than this one.

For context - I have 1 set of BPO’s worth over 25 bil. A decently fit marauder is going to set you back 3 to 4 bil.

Would luv to know who’s alt you are; always find it funny how many “new” (less than 30 day old) players post with such authority about the game.

https://evewho.com/character/2119365850
You tell me, brand new character, no killboard history, no corp history, talking about

Whether you are someones new alt or not you show a very narrow of what Eve is and why thousands of people play it.
But a new character created only a few weeks ago coming to the forums and talking like they’ve been around to experience different aspects of Eve… Is more often than not, someones alt.

1 Like

Eve is ultimately a social experiment disguised as a spreadsheet simulator pretending to be a spaceship game.

How exactly you interpret that is up to you, but the reason Eve has been around so long is not because you just gather wealth. Wealth is just a means to an end in Eve.

1 Like

Totally agree. I know I’d be frustrated as hell if my aim in EVE was to get isk-rich without paying cash for it. If that’s fun then I’d better play one of those mobile games where the pixel money just constantly falls in a nice ringing cascade of gold coins.
Why would someone even play a game to try and get rich in pixel money? :thinking:

Minerals have been redistributed. If you want more ores, you need to go to null and low.

The ONLY “points you made” were that you don’t care to engage in Eve game play and simply want to make friends.
Oh and that removing content drivers (mining) from the game would be ok. Nearly forgot that bit, where you want to completely change Eve because “mining blah blah blah”.

I’ve been around over 17 years I have made many friends over the years, some I’ve actually met irl and have contact out of game too.
The one thing we all have in common is - We play Eve together.
We make isk, we build things, we hunt together - Or in Plain English, WE PLAY EVE TOGETHER.

Sorry if I seem harsh but for as long as these forums have been here so have people who think Eve is not right and should be completely changed - You’re just the next in a very long line and won’t be the last either.

That it is and without some level of wealth eve is a very different game.
The getting of Isk is what allows players to do the other things Eve has to offer.
Wealth is subjective, for someone who likes to fly T1 frigates destroyers or cruisers, a couple of bil isk is more than enough “wealth”.
Others have higher goals and therefore need/want more isk to achieve those goals.
Like the guys who have amassed trillions of isk and now run successful empires.
Or those wealthy players who now spend their time helping new/er players with free ships.

2 Likes

To the underlined.

Remember when you could post “I’ll give one million ISK to the best essay on (place topic here)” and there’d be fifty essays in an hour? Times have certainly changed.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

I remember being offered 100mil isk by an individual to stop posting on the forums :smirk:

Don’t fall for bait.

1 Like

Important Rocks almost gone, Dev’s aren’t adjusting the replenishment rate high enough for Pyroxeres it’s like gone.

The huge miners move through the asteroid belts and wipe out the important ores first, unlike real life these games rates are adjustable, changes should be made to ensure the future of the foundation of the game (Mining).

Everything above the mineral extraction level relies on the mining aspect, the gankers are busy blowing up everyone mining low sec, but this isn’t enough to offset the replenishment rate deficiency in high sec.

Consider that there are many players who enjoy mining and making things for the time they spend in EVE online.

Thanks.

Ogre