Rogue Swarm Alert Return - Questions

Caldari, alpha clone spec… I’m using my mission running ship… Probably just going to go back to running missions…

1 Like

Can you use heavy missiles???

Yup, but “arbalest” not T2 yet…

This is supposed to be one of the events an alpha can do, NP…

[Osprey Navy Issue, Osprey Navy Issue]
Damage Control I
Ballistic control system I

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Large Clarity Ward Booster I
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Initiated Compact Warp Disruptor
Data Analyzer I

Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher, Inferno Light Missile
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Don’t forget drones

Edit sorry for the long response, the fitting app on my phone is acting up and Osmium no longer exists

1 Like

Wait, the Data Container is supposed to drop something at the first place ? I generally just hack it and then try to shoot the battleship

1 Like

Destroy it before it warps away.

2 Likes

First off 1100 points gets you a 5 run subverted JVN-UC49 blueprint. There is nothing else in the crate and surely not an accelerator.

The hackable container im pretty certain never has loot, its intention is to spawn the battleship. You should be completing it as soon as you enter. Then immediately killing the battleship. Everything else is just extra (for now).

The only skins are from the agency, I have seen none in loot, nor have I seen any extended accelerators, maybe I am unlucky but I doubt it.

There are other finds like that funny implant (you probably don’t want it), to a chance at potentially apparently level 4 boosters.

The data sites are not easy, I have full data skills and occasionally fail, I have definitely had sites a alpha would not be able to complete, I would compare them to level 4 data sites.

It is not a crap event, but it will be time consuming to get accelerators, expect not low prices. (whenever that works)

3 Likes

Bring a friend.

Max DPS pirate faction cruiser, preferably Gila with rapid launch light missiles, augmented hammerheads, salvager and data analyzer. It will work.

Dude just said he was Caldari alpha, so assuming new a new bro and taking into account he probably isn’t rolling in isk due to his comment on the Phantasm. A Drake, gnosis, or navy osprey is his goto ship

2 Likes

These are all substitutes in lack of OP Gila. Caldari alpha can crosstrain gallente now so I dont know why anybody still didnt do that. Honestly, everyone should be able to fly Gila for events at this point. Experimenting with fits is fun, but you have to get a lot of skills for a lot of weapon systems and ships…

Uggg. If he probably can’t afford a 500mil Phantasm, I’m sure he can’t afford a max DPS gila that cost the same if not more.

That’s why I offered him substitutes more in his price range

2 Likes

Maybe the term max DPS was a bit misleading, 3 drone damage amplifiers in low, augmented hammerheads and tech 1 rapid light missile launchers with tech 1 therm or kin missiles give a very decent DPS and application of it. Passive shield tank in mids consisting of large shield expanders, along propulsion mod. The major cost is still gila, but its something like 300M max for everything I think. 200 M less than half a billion.

Did u guys try salvaging Rogue Owermind wreck? Does it give anything worth of effort?

2 Likes

It will drop 1 drone part- as in one, singular unit, like a Tactical Limb. I’ve had a few that just drop Metal Scraps. Haven’t seen any of the higher-end drone parts (Elite AIs, etc.) so the interesting thing is going to be watching the drone component markets spike due to the number of BPCs that appear to be dropping.

The salvaging is also not so easy (Salvaging 4 with a T1 salvager on my Stratios takes quite a while with these). However, you can BM the site, warp to the next one then come back later with a dedicated salvager and get them that way too.

1 Like

And Booster cant sell at market…

:frowning:

Not really. They can be salvaged for drone parts that are used to make the integrated/augmented drones, but the parts aren’t particularly valuable.

I run the sites with 2 characters, one in a combat ship and one in a combined hacking/salvaging ship, being an exploration frigate with 3 T1 salvagers and 3 T1 salvage rigs and with that amount of salvaging power, the Rogue Overmind is relatively easy to salvage. But if you just slap a single T1 salvager in a spare utility high and leave it at that, you’ll probably spend far too much time waiting for the salvaging to finish. Not worthwhile. The Agency task to salvage that wreck just rewards 4 points and then repeats unchanged.

So don’t go out of your way to get that salvaging done.

3 Likes

I know that CCP changed a bit back that you need to click on the Agency button to receive the reward (points). If you continue doing the site, does the ‘counter’ continue to increment towards the next award level if you have not clicked for a particular reward?

1 Like

Nope, counter won’t count actions unless previous task is not clicked and removed.

1 Like

Absolutely agreed. Otherwise you could easily not get credit for accomplishing tasks, via these steps:

• Kill 14 ships
  • Forget that you should have claimed reward at 10
  • Claim reward
  • Counter resets to zero. You just lost credit for killing 4 ships

It was even worse in abyssal space:

• Complete pocket 1
  • Complete pocket 2
  • Complete pocket 3
  • Realize you could have claimed a reward after each step for 5 points each.
  • Claim a 5-point reward for finishing first pocket
  • Enter another site, clear first pocket, and don’t get credit

PLEASE PLEAS PLEASE… auto-claim / auto-earn rewards then the points / tasks are earned / accomplished.

10 Likes