Rogue Swarm Alert Return - Questions

I think I missed atleast 5 full site clears on the secrets of the abyss event over my three characters because I didn’t clear the last pocket task before starting a new one.

1 Like

Accelerators STILL cant be listed on the market normally, now I am wondering if they will EVER be listed on the market.

WTF?

They are now contract-only. Which is true for a lot of items. No problems, you can still list a contract.

Unfortunately contracts tend to be scam central and I have too much ISK for a accidental misclick. Its a feature I just tend to avoid outright.

With rare items, sure. But with items as prolific as accelerators, there are very few.

Also, why you would make a mistake with contracts, is beyond me. If you cant read a contract, then i think this game is too advanced for you.

Apparently Extended accelerators do drop but I have only heard of them dropping from Null.

I just ran 15 sites in low sec and 5 in high sec, and got 1 standard accelerator and one basic in that whole set.
(A few drone BPCs, a couple of level 1 boosters.)

Have I been unlucky or is the drop rate crappy for this event? Others in the Event channel are reporting getting Advanced and Standards regularly in high-sec.

1 Like

Sounds like some bad RNG. I’ve been getting an accelerator about every 3-4 sites in HS.

2 Likes

That is intended I think.

Prolongs artificially the event by being obnoxious. They think “activity” numbers will go up. That is probably for Pearl Abyss.

I decided not to do these events anymore for that reason. Yes, I am rebelious! Fakku U CCP.

So… I tool Luigi’s advice, and fit a warp disruptor… Apparently the Overmind is immune… He still warps off, even when I have him disrupted… That is just a crappy “feature”… Seriously? No counter to him warping off… What exactly is the point of having him warp away, even when disrupted, other than to irritate the piss out of people?

1 Like

Killing him is the best counter instead of ■■■■■■■ about.

He never left the site with me. He died too fast because I hacked the can the moment I land then kill him. But hey…you do you. Your way doesn’t seem as profitable.

2 Likes

The point is to put a time limit on the site. If you wait too long with hacking and/or killing the BS, time runs out and he warps away. So if your DPS is a bit low, just make sure you start hacking quickly after landing at the site and then focus down the BS when it spawns. If your worried about the damage dealt by the other drones, just kill all but one of the smallest and then focus the BS. The next wave only spawns when the entire previous wave is dead.

1 Like

If you would take my advice, you would have enough DPS to take it out earlier, before it warps out.
If you cant use augmented hammerheads, use some federation Navy hammerheads.

1 Like

You should be seeing bcps from almost every site or boosters. Accelerators are rarer that’s for sure and the advanced accelerators seem to be dropping about 1/2 the time of the standard and basics. Implants seem to be dropping even less often.

Your best bet for this event is to cycle between 2 systems and be able to finish 1 and make it to the other before the other pops up. If you are fast you can actually make it before it pops.

1 Like

Why cant i sell accelerators on the market? When will this bug be fixed.

Someone said it wasnt a bug but I havent found a reference otherwise yet.

I dont see the point in making them contract only, but Im probably missing something.

According to the people on Reddit it has been reported and acknowledged it needs to be fixed.

But you can file another report if you want.

I don’t believe it is intended to be this way.

I have seen it warp away only once, when i completely ignored him and killed all other drones.
Now i’m starting to kill it right from the start and use Warp Disruptor. It never warps away.

You do something wrong for sure.

1 Like

Hey, it appear you are using a high DPS ship to kill that battleship so quickly. Can I know what ship are you using please ?

1 Like

I’ve been using a Stratios. Good balance of hacking bonus and sufficient DPS to get this done. I’ve also never had a BS warp out on me- I land, toss out some light drones to thin out the initial spawn to one frigate while I hack the can, spawn the BS, throw heavies on that, then kill the last ship and subsequent spawns while I salvage the BS wreck for the points (the loot from salvage is hardly worth the time). If I haven’t salvaged the wreck by the time the next site spawns, I just move on.

1 Like