Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!

"The fact I idolize Fatal isn’t something I consider much of a secret… You could attribute him to the reason I’m even here today, his legacy of exploits and the very words he left behind are a tremendous source of inspiration for me. He is an example of an individual that possessed a mind unshackled by the tribal mindset that plagues the masses of the Caldari State. The villainous branding he’s received is rightfully earned as he is precisely what the State fears - A true individual. Someone they cannot control, someone that rejects their petty tribalistic ways and someone with the talent to find prosperity outside of their authority. The distasteful names they would call him, are nothing more than a deterrent used to prevent him from inspiring any others in the State from following his example…

As much as he has inspired me, I am here today in hope of inspiring others. He was a fearless leader, a remarkable strategist, a wise entrepreneur and most importantly… Flawed. Like everyone here today, Fatal is as flawed as you… Even as I stand here singing his praise - he was no god, no symbol of perfection. Even in his tactical brilliance, took a fight that would cost him his life and even humiliated his own organization… Detractors would use this as a point to mock him, to laugh and joke of the incompetence of the Guristas, but what I see in his death is Fatal’s own humanity showing. His capacity for error despite his remarkable talents and sharp mind - Even he was not immune to the same error we all have faced in our own life…

I pray his spirit finds comfort in the world beyond… Even in his death does he remain an inspiration for me… An inspiration for us all! We should all strive to better ourselves, to sharpen our minds and skills, but never feel shame in our own flaws and mistakes! It is apart of what makes us human, it is that pain we must embrace to be at peace with ourselves."

• Suha Raibuya, speaking at the Windchime Shrine aboard N5Y-4N’s Guristas Logistical Station.
2 Likes