Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!

Placid Tribune - 02/10/123

Sakabkei Kiijata Speaks on DERAIL Activities

Sakabkei Kiijata responded to our requests for an interview, and came in earlier today to speak on DERAIL’s presence in Eugales and the surrounding systems over the last three weeks. When we sat down to conduct the interview, he had much to say on the subject:

"I will comply with DERAIL as far as the law will allow, and as far as my infrastructure and staff will not be compromised, be it structurally or mentally. But I have critisim regarding their performance during the prior raid that uncovered synthetic intelligence, human and human-augment conspirators.

"I make no secret of my opinion of [DERAIL], and their conduct. I believe them to be idiots with excavators.

"Let me put this into context. When I was a child, I lived in a more rural area of my homeworld that was undergoing development before I was old enough to find my own way. I often stayed at my grandparents’ home while my mother and father oversaw projects that would bring prosperity to our settlement, strung out as it was, but would respect the local ecosystem as much as possible to limit retaliation by the local flora and fauna.

"Our home’s plant and animal life was very hostile to people that didn’t respect nature. There were ways to develop human infrastructure, even in the middle of the woods, but they were constantly observed, and any deviation that disrupted the ecosystem, be it the construction was too loud or the area under development grew too quickly, or any attempts to displace the wildlife outside of specific circumstances usually resulted in said wildlife making a seeminly vengeful attack on a person or persons responsible for the disturbance.

"So foresters, like my grandfather, pioneered the way for human settlement and development without retailiation before I was born. He did a little of everything, replanting trees, observing and taking notes on much of the animal life, conversing with his coworkers on ways to best displace wildlife in a manner consistent with the natural order, and directing construction projects like making gravel roads through dense forested areas that were too large to go around.

"I often had opportunities to see him work while staying with him. He was quite old by this time, but even in retirement he chose to volunteer his skills to jobs overseen by younger foresters. I even pitched in with direction from him at times, and it was some of the closest looks at nature I ever received at this time, before I was old enough to critically analyse our impact on the environment, and gained a greater appreciation for the world I lived on.

"Unfortunately there wasn’t always a mutual understanding between the foresters and the construction workers. Many times there were contract workers from off-world that came under strict instruction to obey certain protocols set by their companies and laws set by the planetary government. Sometimes those protocols, developed over time by their parent companies through experience with our world, and the laws set by the government were ignored in favor of a more expedient or cheap alternative.

"Due to the manner in which the environment responded to such attempts, most mistakes were learning experiences, and weren’t repeated. But there was one case of mistakes that while minor to most, I’ve learned is no less important a mistake to avoid making.

"There were many gravel roads through densely wooded areas, and many of them crossed rivers several times. Culverts were installed under the roads that would allow the rivers to flow unimpeded. Our world was a little colder than most, and winters were especially harsh, so frost upheavals from blocked culverts had to be avoided at all costs, lest the roads collapse and spill gravel and trace amounts of manmade material into rivers and streams.

"That might not at first cause a response from the wildlife, but they would be agitated and restrict human access to the area for a time after if such happened, preventing repair and further prevention to reduce our impact.

"One of the local animals, an aquatic rodent that prefers deeper waters to avoid detection by predators, likes to dam up culverts with twigs, sticks, logs, rocks and mud to raise the water table. Most of the time, they do this dam construction deeper in the forest, where its impact does not affect human activities or infrastructure, and the wildlife are used to generations of such activity.

"But when they dam a culvert in spring or summer seasons, unmitigated flooding causes the roads to wash out, and make the entire section of road bordering the river to become a dam, which it wasn’t designed for and would eventually collapse with water flowing over and under it. So whenever a dam would appear, it woud be dismantled before the water rose too high to wash out the roads or cause a catastrophic collapse. If it went unchecked into the winter, the frost upheaval from the raised water table would bring about a collapse later in the spring, and that almost always caused immediate calamity.

"Anyway, there were two ways foresters and their associates solved the problem. The first was to dismantle the dam by hand, which while time-consuming, was the most efficient means to remove the blockage, if there wasn’t a lot of silt or clay or mud beginning to collect at the bottom of the culvert, and reducing the total amount of flow.

"The second was, and I’m abreviating what my grandfather said, as he was more colorful with his words, “an idiot with an excavator”.

"I once got to see such an instance in action. Off-world contractors were brought in to remove a large dam from a culvert, and this decision was brought about to resolve the problem as quickly as possible, and they thought that the noise would discourage the wildlife from building the dam again in a few hours time, as the rodents were notoriously persistent in keeping water levels high.

"Unfortunately the whole process became something of a circus. The excavator took four hours to arrive, as the drivers of the vehicle were unfamiliar with the area. They couldn’t get into the river to access the dam directly as it was too deep, so they sat the excavator on top of the mouth of the culvert and brought the bucket down and in to try and scoop out the debris.

"On top of damaging the edges of the culvert, sides, and top, overall reducing its length, they started to erode the sides of the road upon which the culvert was built, and I watched in awe as the driver struggled to pull back from the side of the road as it collapsed under him, and blocked the culvert entirely, reducing the width of the road, and making the original problem worse.

"There were similar attempts with larger equipment in the years following the idiot, and while most of them were not as terrible an event, most did damage the culvert sides and tops, and that resulted in costly replacements down the line, and gradual reduction in the roads’ traffic loads until someone went out to widen them again. This last affect was not as bad as the first, but having a choke point like that along any road with traffic deliberately spaced apart by minutes because it has effectively become a two-way with a one way crossing anywhere at its length did reduce the amount of work that could be done in a day.

"Since then I have used my grandfather’s description of the contractors to describe any usage of equipment or force beyond what is necessary to the point of impracticality. When doing more with less saves time, money, and work hours that includes filling out report forms.

"It is this description that I think best embodies what DERAIL is. Overkill to the point of impracticality. They may have succeeded in catching several synthetic intelligences, and human conspirators that aided them, but with their show of force they made the remaining persons and AI scatter, thus making them harder to track. It was very unlikely that they succeeded in detaining all individuals involved in one strike, and thus they will have to dedicate more time and resources to tracking down the remaining elements, all the while disrupting general life and functions in areas they believe to be contaminated, or harboring dangerous people, causing more harm than I wonder the amount of harm such persons would cause if they were left undisturbed.

“My grandfather used to say, “Nature does not need more reasons to want us removed. The more we push it, the more it pushes back, and people wonder why so much of the wildlife is hostile to people. Wouldn’t you be just as hostile if some invaders came into your home, and tore it down to make their own? Tried to drive you out into your neighbors’ homes? Drive you and them out further with every year? Makes it seem like even if you don’t pose any threat to them, all they want in the end is to see you exterminated. And anyone would fight tooth and nail if it meant they wouldn’t be wiped out.””

5 Likes

Kester Langry, founder of Miners for Ethical Industry Standards, has recently released a statement through her lawyer announcing a class-action lawsuit against ORE regarding Mercoxit Syndrome. The suit alleges that ORE knowingly installs poor filtration systems in their ships that improperly defend against the toxic clouds inherent to Mercoxit mining, resulting in a number of illnesses from mild cough to osteoporosis.

ORE had not responded to requests for comments at the time of this publication.

1 Like

At the re-opened ‘Farthest Star’ bar, the facility having been retrieved before the destruction of the Farthest Shore in New Eden and reassembled in Syndicate, Maria Daphiti, Argos Gelert, Krisha Kashada and the workers who just completed the rebuild can be hearing singing drunkenly:

Here’s loyalty points for the scrum,
For those who muster to come,
To 'list and fight the foe today
Over the Stars and far away

Chorus:
O’er the Stars and with the Main
Through Kahah, Thebeka and Stain
Empress commands and we obey

When duty calls me I must go
To stand and face another foe
But part of me will always stray
[Chorus]

If I should fall to rise no more
As many comrades did before
Then ask the pipes and drums to play
[Chorus]

Then undock into the scrum
With lasers blazing like the sun
Jumping the gates come what may

((Credit: Inspired by and based on the traditional tune, Over The Hills and Far Away))

7 Likes

LIRSAUTTON V, EVERYSHORE

The Amarrian Orthodox Church, Sedevacantist has responded to a recent bomb threat by installing a large banner in Jin-Mei script proclaiming, “We Are Home” over its Lirsautton church building. Accord to Reverend Jamasp Peroz, the church refuses to leave the Jin-Mei homeworld despite the bomb, which included a message “go home” in its programming. Fr. Peroz said that the sedevacantists had increased security in response to the threat. Additionally, the church has installed grazing yaks around the church and spa grounds so that any bomb explosion in the future would harm adorable animals, with a consequent effect on public opinion of the bombers.

Fr. Peroz offered reporters a tour of his church’s recent construction, which include separate entrances and standing areas for each Jin-Mei caste. A new cramped basement level awaits the coming of what Fr. Peroz called a race of tattooed people from across the stars — a sedevacantist euphamism for Minmatar — who are to be installed at the base of caste system after the future coming of what sedevacantists call the “True Emperor”.

2 Likes

There have been several reports that squads of heavily armed lawyers have been dispatched independently from the Gripdjur Clan, the Sebiestor Tribe, The Sebiestor Bureau of Mizhara Mitigation, Sarz’namarr and Kyn’aldrnari all converging on the Lidds company. Legal journals are watching the proceedings with interest, as this may set new precedent for capsuleer likenesses being public use and used for profit by independent companies. Most seem to predict that settlement through superior firepower will win the day, but the question remains whether it’ll still prove profitable to challenge or settle it. Almost all agree that the issue will never see a courtroom, but there’s going to be quite a frenzy of lawyers feeding on the settling of damages incurred by previously mentioned firepower.

4 Likes

On Denouncing the Evil that is Sedevacantism in the Federation

[This speech has been broadcasted to local member states in Lamadent, Thelan and Lirsautton as well as any other services in areas with a Sedevacantist presence. Capsuleers with an interest in that or in Mantel himself may receive it.]

To my fellow countrymen and women of Lamadent, Thelan, Lirsautton and whomever else may hear these words in the greater Federation, we have before us a great peril that would seek to undermine everything that we stand for.

I of course speak in respect to Sedevacantism and the attempts of those that would seek to destroy the ideals that we hold dear to our hearts, to permeate the communities of Lamadent, Thelan and Lirsautton with their infectious rhetoric. I have been gravely concerned with the ongoing situation across numerous worlds in which threats of violence and murder have been made between our fellow citizens, such as the recent bombing threat made in Lirsautton and the standoffs in Lamadent.

We in the Federation are fortunate enough to enjoy the rights and freedoms guaranteed to us by the Federal Charter and Constitution that lay the foundation of our societies. That we can choose our identities and affiliations freely and without persecution defines the tolerance that is at the heart of our interstellar community. It draws untold numbers to our shores each year seeking refuge, a place where they can feel comfortable being who they are, or those that want a fresh start. Amongst their ranks are the Minmatar, some of the most staunch and stalwart defenders of personal liberty in the cluster. A proud and honourable people, some of whom I have the pleasure to know as friends and several close to my heart whom I love dearly. A people that have willingly rendered their invaluable support to our Federation in the Civil and Military Service in defence of our freedom and way of life. They make the Federation stronger, as do all our member nations.

This unique experiment amongst New Eden is precisely why we all must be ever vigilant against those that would take no greater pleasure in seeing the beacon of liberty snuffed out in favour of the tyrannical and oppressive powers. We shall never willingly accept those that would seek to impose their ways without the agreed consent of the people, and the Sedevacantist movement is yet another means that the enemies of liberty and justice utilise against us all.

Those that align themselves with this profoundly alien and anti-Federal movement disgrace not only themselves and their own honour, but that of their families and the wider community to which we all belong. No-one born into this Federation can possibly call themselves an upstanding citizen by aiding and abetting the Sedevacantist cause – they are an embarrassment to what we as the Union stands for and deserve nothing but contempt. To those amongst the Sedevacantists that hear my words, understand this: you are enemies of the Federation. You do not act in its best interests, nor do you act for the communities you supposedly stand for. End your support whilst you still can and ask for forgiveness. There is still a way back for you all.

I therefore call upon you all as a fellow citizen, as someone who supports this Federation and the vision that all of us stand as one, as equals amongst one another, with an appeal to resolutely reject the vile lies propagated towards you by the Sedevacantists. Challenge vigorously the preachers who would see our democracy and society brought to ruination. Take care to convince those that flirt with or have been seduced by their words that their path is wrong and that they will only alienate themselves from our communities. As I proclaimed in my address for Federation Day, let it be that our love for one another and for our principles of tolerance and equality triumph over hatred and supremacism.

I would also plead with those that have righteously protested the Sedevacantist movement to avoid violence at all costs. It may seem to be the easy, simple solution, but all it will do is deepen the divisions within our society and harden their resolve to continue their dastardly ways. For those that commit violence upon their fellow citizen, it is akin to Crossing the Stomeve: it is the point of no return. Those that do so will live with a permanent stain on their conscience. Defend yourselves from their transgressions where you must, refrain from being the aggressor. Remember, our opposition is based around the respect for and the sanctity of life – when we take it, we scuttle everything that we stand for.

Have faith in the system. Continue protesting the Sedevacantist Church. Hold the Federation to account where it needs to be but know that we are doing everything we can to bring an end to this evil that afflicts us all. Justice will be done, and it will be resounding.

For Liberty and Justice. Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit.

11 Likes

Skarkon Intercepted Communique 10-14-123-01

PASSED FOR TRANSLATION…

VARYAZI 1

2200 10 14 123

FR ORBITAL DOCKYARD, SKARKON II

TO CMDR WULVER

BREAK

ALL EYES ON SKARKON AHEAD OF OPERATION VORTIGERN FALL OFFENSIVE, OFFENSIVE FLEET IS PRIMED AND READY FOLLOWING TOTALITY DAY PROCESSIONS ALONGSIDE STRIBOG TROOPS AND VESSELS. PRELIMINARY OBSERVATION AND COMMUNICATION WITH SVAROG STRATEGIC TROIKA INDICATE IMMINENT DEPLOYMENT OF MILITARIZED SUPERSTRUCTURE.

EXISTENCE OF SUPERSTRUCTURE MUST BE CONCELED FROM THE ROUND TABLE ASSEMBLY UNTIL SVAROG HAS COMPLETED DEPLOYMENT AS NOT TO INTERFERE WITH VORTIGERN.

BUILD-UP TO OPERATION VORTIGERN AS WELL AS SUBVERSIVE DESTABLIZING EFFORTS ON EUGELES AGAINST DERAIL AND LDPS HAVE BEEN LARGELY SUCCESSFUL AS A DIVERSIONARY TACTIC TO HIDE ONGOING OPERATIONS IN VILINNON. OPERATIVES HAVE RENDEZVOUS WITH CONTACTS IN SERPENTS COIL AND LAID GROUNDWORK FOR SUPERSTRUCTURE, VARYAZI WILL CONTINUE TO WORK SIDE BY SIDE WITH OTHER ROUND TABLE ASSEMBLY CLANS IN ESTABLISHMENT OF FORWARD OUTPOST FOR OPERATIONS WITHIN ANCIENT DOMAINS. EUGELES ASSETS, INCLUDING ARTIFICIAL TROIKA TACNET SCHEMA TO BE RELOCATED TO NEW VILINNON FACILITY FOR FURTHER REFINEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OF AVALON ARTIFICIAL CONSTRUCT.

7 Likes

An Amarrian holocaster beams at the camera before launching into the story.

“Now if you don’t want to find yourself stranded in a Blood Raider station, you might want to listen to this.”

The feed shows the young reporter ‘Kristoph Laygen’ nodding knowingly.

“Thank you Janiss. I’m here in the Sakht system in Aridia where a recent incident has prompted an awareness campaign in several popular travel hubs within Amarr space. Passengers are being urged to use only trusted travel agencies, rather than the often discounted, private entities.”

“A number of faithful Amarrians fell victim to this scheme, which started out as a sightseeing trip to the famed 1DQ1-A system, and was to conclude at Sakhti, Domain. However, this trip quickly took an ugly turn.”

“We caught up with Mrs. Havid, a Khanid woman and Amarrian citizen, who witnessed this incident first hand.”

The screen cuts to the same reporter interviewing an animated woman in her 60’s. The sequence has been clumsily cut together from several clips of the interview, interspersed with stock footage of a Minmataar shuttle in transit"

“Now when you say ‘kidnapped’ Mrs Havid, what exactly do you mean?”

“Well we were ushered onto the shuttle… the Capsuleer made an announcement… and she had a Minmataar accent! Well I’m not one to judge but… we quickly realised we weren’t returning to Sakhti… we tried to tell the Capsuleer but the next thing we know, we’re surrounded by godless Blood Raiders in their station in PR-8CA, and the Capsuleer says to ‘visit the gift shop’ before abandoning us!”

The feed cuts back to Kristoph Laygen addressing the camera, nodding in a profound manner.

“Praise the Emperor Mrs. Havis and her companions are back safe with the Empire. It seems an unidentified Gallente shuttle escorted them back to civilized space in Sakht, Aridia. It’s thought a confusion between the systems Sakht and Sakhti may sparked these terrible events, though details are still hazy as to how the second pilot was involved. We’ll keep you updated with this story as it develops.”

5 Likes

A: We’re not supposed to use this relay Jericho
J: Shut it Ali, this important
A: Don’t call me that.
J: Sorry, Lieutenant Orkis. Either way, doesn’t matter anymore… this is getting out of hand… not much I can really do at this point.
A: What, the ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■ still managing to stay ahead of us with her projects, or the FIO being ordered to review its relations with DERAIL?
J: Both, really. And… I don’t know how she did it, but she’s called in a favor with the FIO, don’t know if they’ll actually bite on it or not, but she’s done something for someone high up, and I doubt it was just a ■■■■■■■.
A: Jericho, I hired you to get goddamned results.
J: And, this is the first time I’m telling you, I’m drawing a blank. Look at the attachment I sent you through the secondary relay.
A: Is that…
J: Yes it is. Wellspring is back in play. Check the second attachment
A: this… complicates things even more.
J: Damnit Ali, check the second attachment.
A: …Are those drones? That’s not uncommon for large scale construction and repair…
J: Zoom in on 'em.
A: …■■■■.
J: Yeah, thought you’d say that. Look… I’m out of favors, and almost out of ideas. I still got money, could try to spark off a bigger memberstate dispute, maybe escalate it with some well placed bribes, but that’d be it, and I’d have to go off-grid. I’m not gonna stick around after lighting an intermemberstate conflict.
A: … give me some time to process all this…

4 Likes

DISPATCH: EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATE
ALL FACILITIES AND COLONIAL INFRASTRUCTURE RETURN TO ALERT STATUS OMEGA. REINFORCE DATA CENTERS AND HABITATION UNITS. ORBITAL YARD INFRASTRUCTURE AND ORBITAL TETHER FACILITY ON LOCKDOWN. SHELTER IN PLACE IN EFFECT IN ONE HOUR FOR ALL NON-COMBATANTS. ALERT STATUS ELEVATION RECOMMENDED FOR UNAFFILIATED COLONIAL CENTERS IN SYSTEM

4 Likes

Article in Nakriskaya Gazeta, a news outlet of Nakri, Domain, Amarr Empire, dated October YC123

NOBLE FAMILIES PLEDGE INCREASED EFFORTS IN SUPPORT OF IMPERIAL AMBITIONS

The noble families of deSIlvestris and Koval both issued separate announcements this week, pledging their intentions to undertake significant efforts to improve quality of life for Her Imperial Majesty’s Nakriian subjects and the on-going operations to secure the borders of the Empire, respectively.

The deSilvestris Family revealed that it has been in negotiations with Imperial scientists and researchers, and the Imperial Navy, to trial a new environmental system for stations, designed to improve waste recycling, resource management, and quality of life for station-dwellers. It is understand that the technology has been used to great success elsewhere, and the family hailed it as “an opportunity to bring a better, more positive, and more efficient” method of working to more of Her Imperial Majesty’s subjects. Separately, the family also announced its intention to fund and support a new school for children from disadvantaged backgrounds in Nakri, stating that “only through proper education and Orthodox religious instruction can all children fulfil their dream, ambition, and duty to Nakri, Empire, Empress, and God to the best of their ability”. It remains to be seen exactly where the school will be located and to whom it will be open, but it is understand that the family have gathered the support of various Imperial authorities.

The Koval family, in their turn, surprised many by announcing that they would relinquish all slaves currently in their household, returning them to their immediate liege, Lord Osowiec. The short statement said that the intention behind this is Lord Koval’s efforts to restructure his House, making it more “efficient and effective”. The statement also revealed that two of Lord Koval’s sons, Master Maksym and Master Ruslan Koval, have volunteered for military service at the borders of the Empire. The sacrifice of our noble families here in Nakri stand as example to us all, that everyone can give something to strengthen the Empire.

God Bless Nakri, God Bless Amarr, God Save The Empress.

5 Likes

"Meditation and prayer are all well and good in achieving spiritual attunement. Yet there is a far more productive and beneficial method. I am of course talking about exercising!

Your body is a vessel for your spirit - it is an organism that is constantly evolving and molding itself to reflect your habits. As such, your very spirit will bend to fill the mold. We desire strong spirits, healthy ones that do not break when met with adversity. Should we not refine our bodies to reflect this in the physical realm.

By exercising we provide our body with adversity that challenges it, that pushes it to evolve to overcome whatever is thrown at it. Dedicate an hour - or even half of one - to carrying out some form of physical exercise, and you’ll see a significant improvement in yourself for such minuscule investment, both physically and spiritually.

As a reward for our discipline and commitment, our bodies will reflect our hard work and be the envy of lesser willed individuals. Our badge of honour will not be some piece of tin, but our very own bodies. The symbolism needs no context or credibility rom some society or culture, if our bodies look strong and healthy, then we are strong and healthy. Simple as that."

I do desire for people of this region to present themselves in such a way, so before those of the ‘civilized’ world look at us as weak savages. They’ll see nothing but people who are stronger than them, more disciplined and healthy. I want them to be envious… Annnnnd as an effort to make that easier for everyone, I’m pleased to announce that this shrine will be opening up a relatively spacious gym with the extra space we have that is free of charge to use~.

Prayer and Meditation is all well and good, but thirty squats a day are even better~. We should look for our own strength ourselves before asking the divine for theirs."

"O-Oh! And do wipe down any and all equipment before and after use! Hygiene and sanitation is important too~.

• Suha Raibuya, speaking at the Windchime Shrine aboard The Rabbit’s Warren in 6NJ8-V
2 Likes

A new holoshow that was recently released in the Republic and Federation has come under fire for using the likenesses of three Electus Matari capsuleers.

The show, called Allied… With Children airs on weeknights directly after the similarly controversial show It’s Always Sunny in Angymonne. The three main capsuleer characters of the show depict the alleged between-op lives of Electus Matari pilots Debes Sparre, Arsia Elkin, and Inarri Hiltuzuki (Callsign: CloakAndDagger Insidious) and their (fictional) talking horse, “Harby.”

The first episode of the new sitcom has the capsuleer trio accidentally starting a pie fight during a charity auction to raise money for the families of passengers who died in the destruction of a Council Diplomatic Shuttle trying to escape Vale during the Triglavian Invasions. The trio, especially Inarri, get the brunt of it, but they also end up destroying a famous puppet drone being auctioned off during the food fight.

Legal teams from one or more of the depicted capsuleers are rumored to be seeking action against the show’s creators for the use of their likenesses. The show’s creator, Stan Binglehoff, however, argues that under the law in his Federal district, capsuleers of sufficient renown are considered public figures and their likeness can be used in media. As of now, the exact details on the potential suit are unclear.

Our reporters covering the EDENCOM reception attempted to ask Arsia Elkin about this subject during a brief interview outside of the Lux Caeruleis Event Hall. Her only response was “If you ask another question that stupid, this interview is over.”

11 Likes

JASCHERCIS V, EVERYSHORE

Big game hunters in the Gallente Federation have a new retreat — a hunting lodge operated by the Amarrian Orthodox Church, Sedevacantist. The new lodge came to public attention when wealthy hunter Marcel Vuitton, having drawn a coveted tag to take a Sabertusked Striped Wearbeast on the dangerous arctic world of Jaschercis V, decided to book a guided hunt at a “Golden Throne Hunting Lodge” newly opened on the planet. During his visit, Mr. Vuitton posted to Galnet social media pictures of a strange, roped-off apparent replica of the Amarrian imperial throne at the head of the lodge’s dining room table. Social media watchers soon recognized the out-of-place throne as a symbol of the Amarrian Orthodox Church, Sedevacantist.

Pressed for comment, Sedevacantist Church spokesperson Calyce Io confirmed that the church had opened a hunting lodge on the ice planet located in Ysiette constellation, the same constellation as Jin-Mei homeworld Lirsautton. Minmatar-rights activists within the Federation protested that the sedevacantists were using the hunting lodge to evade weapons control regulations around Ysiette, pointing to previous sedevacantist arms confiscations as well as social media pictures from Mr. Vuitton which showed the walls of the sedevacantist lodge lined with large numbers of high-powered firearms. Responding to the allegations surrounding weapons import, Ms. Io claimed that the anti-sedevacantist activists were ignorant of the demands of big game hunting on Jaschercis V, which she said is populated by extremely viscous beasts with thick hides and fur adapted to the icy climate, requiring high-powered hunting rifles to take them down.

6 Likes

"Admittedly, the subject of ancestral spirits is one I’ve rarely spoken about. Mainly in part due to me not wanting to ensnare myself in the same trap the State is in when it comes to their dead ancestors. Unlike them, I will not teach people to shackle themselves to the expectations of the deceased.

Where are our ancestors right now? Beyond the tributes paid here and in our private spaces, our ancestors are not with us. They are ones with nature, and we are what they’ve left behind. Such things we can thank them for, but otherwise this is our life to live. Should they offer some support and guidance - That much we can appreciate. But we will not be the vicarious continuation of “their” existence. We will control our lives, make our decisions, and live by our desires, not theirs.

If our ancestors chose to have childrens with the expectations that they will follow in their footsteps and live by their standards - To become THEM - Then I’d say that is an act more greedy and selfish than any act of piracy committed by those here today.

… However I believe our ancestors would understand this once they’ve transitioned. That this notion that we have to live up to their expectations is but an idea the Caldari have shoehorned into the teaching to further control their people, by puppeting their dead ancestors into threatening shame upon their living descendants should they step out of line and fail to do what “They” approve of.

I will not fall into this same trap, and neither should any of you."

• Suha Raibuya, speaking at the Windchime Shrine aboard The Rabbit’s Warren in 6NJ8-V
1 Like

CaillieGirls™ October YC123 Edition

The following publication has been passed to CaillieGirls™ by the Internal Triglavian Revolutionary Organization claiming to act on behalf of imbedded reporter Hugo Harghest. Established sources were unable to verify the legitimacy of the claim nor content herein. Previously assumed dead following a collapse in contact during the battle of Sa’kak in YC122, the article has been published out of respect for the reporter and as a fascinating, if unproven, look at like in the Snake Pit of New Eden.

I had remained mostly on standby over the last year, invited for a ride-along every so often when the warclones of Skarkon wanted to make sure I had a front seat to document their exploits like the Battle of Ishuhuolovi Gulf on the Ergs Sea. This wasn’t going to be some back of the book article in a porno mag (no offense to my editor if you’re reading this) but a full on memoire, a textbook, a case study for the world to remember what happened here on the ground decades from now when the dust settles, fog clears, and the politicians start conjuring up their own myths in hindsight. Scream all you want about ethics but if some limpdick officer can sit their fat ass on a war council in silence while politicians throw up every red flag they can that they’re fascist pricks full of horseshit while they do nothing so they can sell all the details in a book deal then I’m not going to lose much sleep over holding onto my little scrapbook of war footage until the time is right.

For the last six months I was living in the Varyazi encampment, the Triglavian re-branding of the warclone combat team I’d pair with during the Invasion. The fall of Skarkon hit them a lot harder than they let on and woke something inside them a bit darker than when they first touched down. Few radicals were willing to hold ranks when their commander heel-turned to work with the new regime, even fewer were able to whether their constant “proving” to adapt to the new order. What’s left was small close-knit group of die-hard loyalists to their The Red Knight.

I’d met them a hand full of times during the war, brief moments between deployments in canvas tents on the airfields to assign groups to operations. The image he projects on the GalNet of the well-groomed warrior-poet rubbing shoulders with capsuleers doesn’t match the man I’d seen on the ground though; a pale featureless combat clone buttoned up in crims-- No crimson is too pretentious-- red armor, shrouded in an olive flight jacket. He was fond of plastering his helmet with nanite-laced dazzle paint, shifting and lighting up to convey the charisma that his ghoulish mass-produced face couldn’t. I got the call last week to meet with him again.

Usually, he saw me as a curiosity. He liked to hold court, clearly amused with keeping a reporter close as a novelty and a point of personal pride as he wrote history at gunpoint. This time though, he spared me the showmanship or the charming hayseed soldier act. He needed something from me, and a request he didn’t take lightly.

With such a light force, their doctrine was forced to adapt to asymmetric conflict and psychological operations to hit the enemy, twist the knife, then withdraw protected by overwhelming air power. Even then though, the Battle of Ishuhuolvi Gulf gutted their air cover and the last of their troops had been recalled to support the major kyber offensive in the North. The remnants of the encampment had a new tasking to open up a new front in the war; advancing into the Ngelgnieg Desert.

Before all this I was hunting a story in the Ngelgnieg, digging up leads on weapons trading and building a story on the people of the desert. The people of the Ngelgnieg were unique, far removed from the people of the habitable zone that surrounded the Ergs Sea. Generations of Cartel, Republic, Amarr, and now Svarog rule meant nothing to the nomadic clans that made their home there; if ever they were once Cartel settlers, Thukker offshoots, or Vherokior nomads has been lost to history after generations of isolation reshaped their language, culture, and makeup. Few spoke the language, or knew how to navigate their trade routes to the ruins they called home among the ancient colonies of long forgotten empires. They were an unknown unknown, indifferent to the colonial rulers that came and went and as-of-yet undecided in their role under the black sun of Skarkon.

I felt a lump in my throat when he asked me the question, and I replied without thinking. I would guide an expedition into the Ngelgnieg, and the secrets of Varyazi, the Collective, and now even the tribes of the desert would be open to me. The choice to accept the warclone implant from there was easy, an advanced insurance policy against an occupational hazard for the chance at the story of the century.

Could you blame me? Consider this my official letter of resignation, I’ve decided to go freelance now.

(Above: Varyazi CIWS repels Tribal Resistance rocket attacks.)
(((Artist Credit)))

7 Likes

Those with sources close to the Excubitoris Chapter might learn some of the following pieces of information about the doings of the Chapter.

• Several Members of the Order have had an active interest in the Syndicate area and participated in Khimi Harar operations in the region over the last month.
• Chapter support staff and crew hiring continues, with a significant amount of personnel and materiel hired for a new “Expeditionary Force.”
• Chapter Master Lok’ri has been involved in several operations in Pochven over the last month. At this time, only a small Chapter support staff remains on station in Angymonne, but it is clear that they are committed to working to help maintain a pro-EDENCOM foothold in the system.
• The Excubitoris Chapter sent a contingent of Navy Harbingers from the St. Kuria Fleet to the EDENCOM Parade on the 17th of October.
• The Chapter has seen continued escalations in its conflict with the Blood Raiders in Khanid Space, the citadel Arx Doriam seems to be a high priority target for the heretics. It has also opened a new front in Anti-Blood Raider operations in Gamis.
• Exubitoris Chapter security patrols of the Megeh constellation to support the Emperor Family have intensified in recent months, with multiple Paladins participating in anti-pirate sweeps through the area.
• The Chapter recently made Valitus Lucinus a Paladin Ordinary of the Excubitoris Chapter of the Sacred Throne Order after the successful completion of his period as an Aspirant to the Order.
• The Chapterhouse of the Excubitoris Chapter on Oris has been relatively quiet after the flurry of activity earlier in the year with the Foundation Day Gala. The only active construction project is the renovation of an old storage space into what looks like a theater and art gallery.

9 Likes

// SECRET //
// FLASH // FLASH // FLASH //
// 1754HR, 07 NOV //

FM LEGION CENTCOM //

TO LEGION AMARRCOM //
COMMANDER, LEGION 1st BATTALION //
COMMANDER, LEGION 1st BATTALION, 3rd COMPANY //

SUBJECT / REDEPLOYMENT ORDERS FOR LEGION 1st BATTALION, 3rd COMPANY / IMMEDIATE EXECUTE //

REF A / LEGION CENTCOM / MSG 1730HR, 07 NOV / INTERGALACTIC SUMMIT ANNOUNCEMENT OF UNITED NEOPIAN FEDERATION (UNF) RELIQUARY PROJECT //
REF / LEGION CENTCOM / MSG 1730HR, 07 NOV / UNF ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE OPENING OF A BESETH DUNIJIA EMBASSY IN THE UNF ORBITAL YARD IN THE SYSTEM OF EUGALES //

1. (UNCL) AS OUTLINED IN REF A, IN YC119, UNF SURVEYS OF EUGALES V - MOON 1, DESIGNATED ‘UMAL’, DISCOVERED A LARGE ARCHEOLOGICAL RUIN. UNF EXTRACTED THE RUIN AND MOVED IT TO A SECURE LOCATION FOR CLOSE STUDY. THE RUIN IN QUESTION WAS LATER IDENTIFIED TO BE YAN JUNG IN ORIGIN, AND WAS MOVED TO THE UNF ORBITAL YARD IN YC122. UNF HAS ALSO BEEN EXTRACTING OTHER RUINS AND MOVING THEM TO THE ORBITAL YARD FOR STUDY. REF A REFERS

2. (UNCL) AS OUTLINED IN REF B, THE UNF HAS GIVEN BESETH DUNIJIA AN EMBASSY ON THE JENARA SECONDARY PLATFORM OF THE UNF ORBITAL YARD. REF B REFERS

3. (SECRET) 1st BATTALION, 3rd COMPANY IS HEREBY ORDERED TO PROCEED WITH ALL DUE SPEED TO THE AMARR VIII (ORIS) - EMPIRE FAMILY ACADEMY STATION. THERE, THE COMPANY IS TO RENDEZVOUS WITH MINISTER OF SCIENCE AND RESEARCH ARIENE CHASTOT AND A TEAM OF SCIENTISTS FROM THE MINISTRY OF SCIENCE AND RESEARCH UNDER HER COMMAND.

4. (SECRET) 1st BATTALION, 3rd COMPANY IS TO ESCORT MINISTER CHASTOT AND HER TEAM TO THE UNF ORBITAL YARD. THERE, THE TEAM WILL STUDY THE YAN JUNG RUINS EXTRACTED BY THE UNF.

5. (SECRET) UPON ARRIVAL AT THE ORBITAL YARD, 1st BATTALION, 3rd COMPANY WILL PROCEED TO THE BESETH DUNIJIA EMBASSY ON THE JENARA SECONDARY PLATFORM. THERE, THE COMPANY IS DIRECTED TO PROVIDE SECURITY FOR THE EMBASSY.

6. (UNCL) UPON ARRIVAL AT THE BESETH DUNIJIA EMBASSY IN EUGALES AND ASSUMPTION OF PROTECTION DUTIES, 1st BATTALION, 3rd COMPANY WILL BE DESIGNATED EMBASSY PROTECTION GROUP - EUGALES (EMBPROTGRP EUGALES)

7. (UNCL) SAFE TRAVELS. PRAETOR DARIM SENDS

// 1754HR, 07 NOV //
// FLASH // FLASH // FLASH //
// SECRET //

2 Likes

Warclones or those in contact with or able to see information on the Bosena Accords have seen a published agenda for the Round Table Assembly

Round Table Assembly Order of Business for NOV YC123

• Reading and Approval of the Agenda

• Presentation of the Colors

• Correction of Reference of Public Resolutions

• Disposal of Business on the Warden’s Table

• Unfinished Business from previous sessions

• Orders of the Day
    General Rule Change Proposal to switch to an IRV voting system on Resolutions and Elections

Appropriations of Funds for Molden Heath relief for YC124

Appropriations of Funds for Skarkon II Relief for YC124

Resolution to enable Trials of Possession for Operational Districts on Skarkon II 

Appropriations for additional Warclone Questing 

Dispute Mediation between Varyazi Clade and AEGIS Umbrorum over Trial of Possession entered in bad faith for possession of aquatic operations equipment

Truthfinding Procedures over accusations from AEGIS Umbrorum that Varyazi Clade has improperly used certain disallowed weapons against combatants

Disclosure of Reciept of Donation of Major Goods or Services

Proposal for Referendum of Warclone parties for the above item

Requisition Request of Detached Combat Blank Assets outside of Molden Heath Region for Incursion Activities
6 Likes

Strike Commander caught in Love (with a) Triangle?

See & Hear, Caille, Gallente Prime, 09/11/YC122

Following the allegations and accusations addressed at John Revenant’s I-RED and their EDENCOM allies, some of which went un-named other than being called out as Terrorists and Pirates, 8th of November. ( More found Here] ) Rumours are starting to circulate regarding the otherwise unblemished Strike Commander Kim, who jumped to the aid and defense of known Triglavian compatriots and -associates.

Why would the Strike Commander hold her hand over the heads of those who sought to destroy Star Systems that belonged to the Four Empires. What would compel someone of such strong moral fibers to side not with the ones who tried to save as much of the space and inhabitants of the Four Empires, but with the enemies of the State?

The answer may be found when we take a closer look at who the Strike Commander associates with. As many Summit Regulars may attest, there seems to be a very friendly air between the Strike Commander and a pro-Triglavian capsuleer going by the Concord ticker of Remilia Malitia. Who not only greet each other politely on public fluid routers, but often can be seen in engaging friendly chitchat, sharing what each is up to. Going so far as to clearly make plans to meet up in certain solar systems.

While See and Hear has many eyes and ears around the Cluster, even S&H doesn’t have eyes in every Local Fluid Router, so what goes on at these little trips between the Commander and her Pro-Trig Lady Friend, is anyone’s guess.

Asking around any of the Strike Commander’s regular stations, Caldari State stationside personnel says they are too intimidated by the Commander’s ruthless demeanor to comment under their own names. Anonymously they will go on record as thinking that the Strike Commander keeps Miss Malitia close by as a friend.

Some even go so far as saying that they have seen the pair stroll through the station’s Greenhouses and Gardens, as if on a romantic walk. ‘’They even held hands! That’s something for Federation Commanders! And with a woman?’’

The outrage can be heard in the Docker’s voice though they come around not long after: ‘’They only need DNA of two persons to grow tube children I guess, shouldn’t matter if it’s a pair of ladies.’’

‘’Whatever happens, I am sure the Strike Commander only wants to make the State great again. If she finds a strong capsuleer to share her genes with, we all benefit.’’

Another, Scotty (names fictitious, real names known by the redaction) says he never imagined the Strike Commander to have found someone to take her on picnics and long walks by the beach Bulkheads. ‘’But if she is happy now, I’m happy for my Commander.’’ Scotty is quick to add

The implications are of course many, what if the foremost capsuleer face of the Caldari Militia forces has a relationship with a poster-girl for the Pro-Trigs?

And one can only imagine the steamy bedroom romance that goes on behind the closed doors of the Strike Commander’s Quarters.

Jorianna Gallaire Director See and Hear, Capsuleer Affairs Correspondent

25 Likes