Running for CSM next year:

How will you achieve disbanding of the CSM?

The best way to achieve that is to become a member of CCP, preferably someone in management

One would think that even CCP has some standards.

He doesnā€™t have to actually disband the CSM directly, because of course, he canā€™t do that. Even 10 Salvoses elected couldnā€™t do that. He is just running as the ā€œreform CSMā€ protest vote candidate as Falcon suggested he does.

If he gets elected, that would be a strong signal that there is broad unhappiness in the player-base over how the CSM is formed or runs, so broad it was able to unite all the non-nullsec groups that have nothing in common behind a single issue.

I donā€™t think it has a chance of working, but if there really is that much anti-CSM angst he might make it. After all, Xenuria ran on a ā€œreform CSMā€ platform and got elected, even if he failed to being any meaningful attention to the issue as far as I could tell. Salvos seems to be running on a harder version of that platform.

Will it change anything? I kinda doubt it. But if Salvos runs on a pure anti-CSM platform that will be something people can use to convince CCP that something needs to change, or a tool to whip up a crowd. I donā€™t see anything wrong with that, and in fact such a tactic probably is the only way for non-blocs to get their voices heard - to unite behind a single issue that transcends their in game activities.

That said, I donā€™t think it will work. Those that pay attention will still choose their niche candidate over Salvos, and most who have given up on the CSM just wonā€™t vote at all. Still, the length of this thread says either this issue has legs, or Salvos is a great showman/attention whore as even most of the legitimate CSM candidate threads from last year didnā€™t make it to 600+ posts.

The Imperium had Xenuria on their ballot. His public platform was mostly irrelevant (iirc) for him getting elected.

Wait 1 being smaller or larger?

Perhaps, but he was what third? on that Imperium ballot and as we know not that many votes trickle down.

He just made the 14-person cutoff so likely he wouldnā€™t have made it without that, but I know people who voted for him out of protest. I think I might even have had, although it was the last spot on my ballot.

Regardless, a protest vote is perfectly legitimate. Iā€™m not sure Salvos would be my first choice as a pure, baggage-free protest candidate, but if he wants to run as that, why not? People will vote for him or not and all it will say is how popular Salvos and his ideas are and something about his in game support, just like it does for every candidate.

He was
And the CSM is also still there :smiley:

1 Like

He also answers anyone that provides information he doesnā€™t like by calling them liars. Iā€™m up to twice now, or maybe thrice? One of them was pretty vague so Iā€™m not counting it.

Post count doesnā€™t equal popularity. It is more an indication of controversiality.

4 Likes

But it does!!!111

Heā€™s the most known shitposter on the forums, heā€™s even known on reddit for it

:joy:
Itā€™s not a reputation that normal prole would want, but he has it. And heā€™s stuck with itā€¦ digging the hole ever deeper each time he posts

1 Like

I stand corrected.

I guess I should rephrase that post count doesnā€™t equate to popularity of the platform?

1 Like

You know, he has 7700+ posts
But that doesnā€™t include the thousands of edits he made over time :joy:

2 Likes

@Salvos_Rhoska: Also, said trashing would probably also get him a lot of sympathy votes he would otherwise not get.

Many European countries would call that a politician.

Every country would call that a politicianā€¦

lol

Iā€™m so tempted to post the name of the obvious exception.

/exercises restraint.

4 Likes

You donā€™t think he plays eve forums online do you???

1 Like

Probably too busy with Twatter.

4 Likes

He who you wonā€™t name is not a politician. Thatā€™s why he doesnā€™t act like one.

Xenuria, in fact, was our protest candidate. Much like his use in nullsec, where heā€™s sent into enemy staging systems to sit cloaked and justā€¦ chatā€¦ with people, we weaponized him and sent him to Iceland.

However, Xenuria proved to actually be a fairly effective CSM, by the accounts of those who were on the CSM with him. He always came prepared, had a significant body of research, cited his sources, and backed up his assertions with them. While he didnā€™t have any ā€˜big ticketā€™ platform positions of his own, that was mostly because heā€™s interested in processes.

Also, high-resolution textures for shoes.

No, really, I dunno whatā€™s up with that, but he really is. Really nice guy once you know how to deal with him, though.

5 Likes

Any further reasonable questions?