Sad to say, for me it's time to go

sell all carnivores creatures you may own, if not you may come back to eaten body parts on your toon :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If you want to learn the game, then find people in game. You can join corps from the corporation window via the search function, or you can discreetly send eve mails to people you see in local. Read corp descriptions, read corp members bios, and just keep joining corps until you find one that suits you.

Or you can take a break. There are plenty of reasons to not love eve, and it gets boring after a while imho. But you can find your niche if you find some people to help you. If you want to lone-wolf it and learn on your own, you’ll make mistakes and lose ships. You knew that already, though =)

You’ve been playing for 12 years and couldn’t take the time to a google search? Lmao, see ya later, kid. Maybe playing a game that doesn’t require much thinking like Fortnite is more your speed.

Well…

Bye.

10-year player here. Don’t listen to these ^ guys. You might take a break again, but you will probably be back (again). EVE is a really cool game to explore and master, and it begins calling out to you from the void after a while. Also CCP has been doing all it can to make it more accessible for a while now. External sources and especially ESI based stuff is pretty important to advance after a certain point, definitely. Do not let the nerdwall deter you. Just climb over it.

3 Likes

I’m not a big fan of playing games outside of the game either. For that reason I tend to stick to relatively simple activities in eve. I looked at big corps once, but when they asked me to basically hand over the details to my account I was like nope.

I played in 2009 and 2010 pretty intensively. After a long stretch of low-sec solo exploration I joined a null sec corp. That was mostly fun too, but in the end, it felt too high pressure. We would go on roams, and given my exploration background, my job was to jump ahead into systems and do combat scans for targets. I wasn’t a particularly good combat scanner, and the leader was always pressuring for faster results. In the end it felt too much like real work, so I took a long break (9 years!). I returned recently and I am working on training up a hauler alt. I do exactly what II want, on my terms. I’m loving the game again and thinking about it often when not playing. Fly safe!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.