[SARUM] 331st Sarum Hussars Deploying to Alkabsi

I was an Arctic Warfare Marine before I became a capsuleer. I even dropped on Caldari Prime when we liberated it. I know Caldari doctrine.

However, in this case, the slaves are being used as pawns by the Blooders in a general attempt to sow death and destruction. The rebelling slaves are in many ways victims of the Blooders. Our ROE is simple: if someone engages my troops, they die. However, we are not going to be indiscriminate with our firepower. The incompetence of Kahah will not be repeated on Alkabsi.

Frankly, we can’t. If we start slaughtering wholesale slave populations affected by Deathglow, that is just a win for the Blooders and invites even more attacks. The Deathglow will dissipate. Once that happens, we need to return to normalcy with as few deaths as possible, both of slaves and Imperial troops.

1 Like

I don’t think the current state of affairs is due to Deathglow as much as the insorum within it.

The Empire is just having a taste of what is going to happen once insorum can be mass produced, which it likely will. The Republic likely has enough Deathglow samples to begin investigating separation of the active insorum component.

There is nothing savage about my forces. They are trained professionals, not mindless berserkers. If these slaves prefer to die on their feet, then my forces will oblige them. As an ethnic Caldari, raised in the State, I respect that. The Caldari tradition is filled with instances of ‘the deathride’ exemplified by Admiral Tovil-Toba. My troops are Sarumites; they will respect that. We will still kill them, mind you, because that is what we are obligated to do, but we will respect our enemies.

There will be no indiscriminate artillery or orbital strikes for two reasons. The first is that such strikes are ineffective at the rapid, effective elimination of enemy personnel. Secondly, as I have said elsewhere, these slaves are pawns, being manipulated by the Blooders for some nefarious orgy of blood and death; we will only target those that we have to, not whole slave populations. We of Holy Amarr have an obligation to reclaim the heavens, and we intend to do just that. It’s hard to reclaim that which is ash.

THOSE SLAVES NOT RESISTING ARE JUST AS MUCH OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROTECT AS IMPERIAL SUBJECTS.

We look not just to quell this uprising, but to lay the groundwork to prevent more from occurring in the future. To loyal subjects and faithful slaves we will be no better friend. To those that seek to harm Holy Amarr, who have turned from the Light of God, we will be no worse enemy.

I can further announce that forces under Lady Newelle will be deploying in division strength. All further information on units is classified for OPSEC reasons. As far as the regimental structure of our units, Ms. Del’thul, I don’t go messing with the TOE for every operation.

1 Like

If you preferred some sort of peace or potential for ‘Reclaiming’, you lot should be standing aside and letting them go. “Quelling the uprising” is going to turn it into aforementioned ash, and it’s most certainly going to lead to more uprisings, more violence, more destruction. Trying to pretend you have even the slightest interest in anyone’s well-being is a bit of a joke when you are deploying military forces to a police action scenario. When your orders are “Fire and blood and death”, it kind of undermines the entire thing.

Pretending it’s anything but violent subjugation and brutal application of terror should be beneath Sarum forces.

1 Like

I think, for some reason, you are making a distinction between forces that are military and forces that are some sort of civilian police and that an impenetrable wall separates them. Is that how they do it in the Republic?

I know when deployed to home station, the 331st has all the police powers that the Para’nashu constabulary have.

I am not pretending anything. You’re projecting. I’ve stated clearly our objectives and how we’re going to achieve them.

1 Like

The separation is in the means. You know as well as I do that the two are very different animals, in both intent, method and tools. You aren’t deploying for police action when you deploy that sort of classic regimental structure, unless you are horrifyingly inept at police action and again: Your orders are “Fire and blood and death”.

Projection? You’re trumpeting your primitive and savage bloodlust to the cluster as loud as it can be.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I don’t dabble in the mindset myself or disapprove of it in general. It’s the target you are applying it to that shames you. Instead of taking on free warriors you are aiming towards the slaughter of those just reaching for their freedom. Those who would prove a whole lot more harmless if you just stood aside. Those who are comparatively easy to slaughter, cowards that the Imperials always have been.

Pitiful, really. I always liked house Sarum’s willingness to fight. Now it seems to have gone the way of the rest of them, chest-beating over slaughtering civilian slaves, all for the horrible crime of seeking freedom.

1 Like

Again, my ‘classic’ regimental structure was determined with the regiment was raised. It’s not changing. I’m also going to reject your assertion that this is a police action, as you are not here and have no knowledge of the situation on the ground. There is active fighting. You do not get to define a conflict you are not a part of.

And it’s ■■■■■■■ hot.

As far as seeking targets comparatively easy to kill, tell that to the Drifters, who actually changed their doctrine (ineffectively, hilariously) after I made killing them so easy Aria got bored on our ops. Besides, they found their freedom the moment they picked up a weapon and decided to use it. I’m am taking on free warriors. ■■■■ you for demeaning them.

In other news, we’ve aerial dropped leaflets on the rebels, allowing them to surrender and to present the leaflet for amnesty and a canteen of ice water. Did I mention it’s ■■■■■■■ hot? There have been a few skirmishes around 1st Troop’s drop zone and other DZs as forces continue to arrive. A Squadron has conducted a reconnaissance in force mission to near textbook standard.

Haah. Hahahaaah.

They’re fighting for it. It’s very far from attained yet. Until you’ve been in their shoes, like I was, you speak in staggering ignorance. Are you truly going to pretend that these slaves rising up against you constitute anything even remotely as threatening as actually decently supplied military targets with military training?

Ah, right. More targets that are about as threatening as your current ones, rather than actually dangerous ones. This is what you take pride in? Have you ever fought something that wasn’t at a staggering disadvantage?

I fought in the Trials of Fire and Blood. Which, by the way, everyone expected Elise Randolph to win for House Sarum.

I have fought as logistic anchor in some of the worst battles in Fountain, losing ones even. I threw destroyers in the dozens at Drifters until I figured out how to kill them. I fought on Caldari Prime.

I take pride in my duty. I am defined by myself, not my enemies.

Then you should know full well that these targets only shame you.

1 Like

Former combat engineer. I know enough.

1 Like

Nowhere close. What’s the first rule of desert warfare?

First rule of desert warfare is we don’t talk about desert warfare. Same as the second rule oddly enough.

I doubt that you have any facts to back up your claim that we know nothing about warfare. So shove off with your quiz.

Also, the answer is to secure a water source.

3 Likes

Well I’ll be damned. You get a cookie.

So, rather than blowing bridges and setting mines, I would be digging wells if I was a rebel engineer. Assuming the water table allowed for such things. Rivers and oasis and existing wells would be one of the first things an enemy would secure.

They would also be one of the first things I poison.

1 Like

Considering my forces are able to be resupplied from space and the rest of the planet, rebels poisoning local water sources hurt them more than me.

I will say that we are not utilizing any chemical or biological weapons. Poisoning the water supply is not on the table at the moment.

If you were a rebel engineer, you would be on your home turf, if you could live there prior to the conflict why would you need to find basic necessities such as water? You should already have this Intel before, or how did you survive prior to the conflict? First for dealing with an attacking force: deny them local resources.

1 Like

Amarr slave populations don’t tend to be living at a village subsistence level where they have to personally worry about water supply, you know.

And did you read that denying local supplies maxim in some thousands of year old manual that predates effective logistics?

2 Likes

I doubt the slaves that work in the mines know where all the local water sources are. You’re thinking that they lived there self-sufficient. They did not. Water came from infrastructure the holder owned.

The reason why there is still fighting in the outback is because it is so miserably hot and used for mining. The type of slaves that get sent there are the troublemakers and the like; the kind that would take the opportunity to rebel if it arose. That’s not exactly the kind of slave that gets good maps and tours of the area.

1 Like

Let the Minmatar comfort themselves by thinking of ways the rebels might have a fighting chance, Marshal Protector. Their delusions will hopefully keep them from meddling this time.