[SARUM] 331st Sarum Hussars Deploying to Alkabsi

So then Allzabeth is wrong with her "finding water is the first rule in attacking in desert conditions (note she said defending unless somehow rebel engineers implies forces landing which kinda defeats the whole rebel part of this situation). I’m simply stating that, theoretically if you resided on the land, lived there for years, finding basic necessities would not generally be a concern. Nice attempt to twist the situation that was originally stated, amarrian slaves also wouldn’t know combat theory, thus your point and the idea of them using traditional theory is moot.

Do you really think that’s going to stop anyone already with that idea on their mind?

The first rule of desert warfare is water. Period. Doesn’t matter how you get it, but you have to have it. Attackers and defenders. Even slaves will know they have to get water. If someone’s thirsty, they want to drink.

I have some crayons now, would you like me to draw you a diagram?

I agree. May I ask what combat theory has to do with a situation involving fighting those who weren’t taught combat theory? Simply put, stop waving your **** around, at least a third of the capsuleers here went to our respective nations military school. Unless the Matari are different we took it in the first two years of enrolling. Did you know water feels wet? Ya that’s what your condescending attitude sounds like.

1 Like

I believe she just stated that the first rule was having a secure supply, period. Unless I missed a specification about attack or defense much earlier in this discussion.

In this case, the organized military forces are coming in with adequate logistics, they have already met this rule and do not need to rely on local resources.

In modern civilian logistics, however, water supplies tend to be centralized and, in arid climate slave populated territories they tend to be under as complete Holder control as possible, for obvious reasons.

If a rebellion in such an environment is going to last a significant amount of time, it either needs to gain control of those centralized facilities (in which case they paint a giant target on themselves) or they need to find alternative water sources (which are likely substandard, if they weren’t already being exploited). If they were well organized and actively preparing for a rebellion, they will have had to make some plan for one or the other, but their dependence on local resources will serve as a weakness that counterrevolution forces can exploit. If they are not well organized, they are not going to survive very long at all.

Regardless, despite her crass personal attitude, she has done a remarkable job demonstrating that she understands far more about ground warfare than those who are criticizing her for being in charge of a brigade rather than a division or corps.

4 Likes

Is that not referring to the defender? I simply replied, if you are a combat engineer, that would also imply you have some form of training, thus some form of infrastructure that would allow that training and thus would already have necessities met. if she wishes to refer to non trained simple rebels, why bring up tactics to begin with? They wouldn’t know them aside from the obvious.

Personally, I do feel that for what she’s trying to do with the numbers she is bringing the only possibility they have is violence. Policing such a situation would require a massive amount of manpower, these people are probably held up in a more urban situation as people in such a situation would take control of areas with infrastructure, thus bringing in mechanized troops would find themselves bogged down. Their only option seems to be violence, not police action.

What?

Deitra… stop being wrong here. Seriously. If combat theory only dealt with fighting people who’d studied combat theory, then the easiest way to defeat highly-trained, professional soldiers would be… don’t study combat theory. And that’s just dumb.

Combat theory has to do with fighting. Fully stop. Doesn’t matter what. And this clearly isn’t a fight in urban centers, as “Most cities on the planet were quickly pacified by Sarum Family Police Guards but fighting in the mineral extraction fields of the southern continental outback is ongoing.”

And it’s not a police action. It’s a counter-insurgency involving what appears to be pitched battles, by the reporting. There’s no ‘order’ to be maintained in that theater, you know?

3 Likes

You are acting like she is sole CO of the operation, when she is working as part of a sanctioned operation alongside many other Amarr formations. To put it in space operation terms, the Hussars are a single battleship in a fleet.

3 Likes

I’ll admit this one, could of sworn it said it was to maintain order somewhere. I completely misread that one. My bad on that.

But again I still question why we’re being condescendingly dictated associate’s degree level RMS combat theory in a thread about people who didn’t take the course.

Additional forces are being deployed. I think that I’ve already stated that forces from Para’nashu are deploying in at least division strength. However, as the Newelle’s Household Calvary Regiment, the 331st Hussars get their own deployment announcement.

I thank you for your compliment, my lord. I wish you Godspeed in your forces’ pacification of Thebeka.

1 Like

Because combat engineer dude suggested blowing bridges and antitank mines. And I am arrogant enough to interrupt my enemy when he is making a mistake. Sometimes.

It’s a bad habit, I know. I’m working on it.

1 Like

I’ll give ya a pass on that one, I don’t usually when it comes to defending corpmates.

:sweat_smile:

Just to be clear, I was under the impression that wasn’t the limit but a conscience choice.

No mistake made. I’m under no delusion that the insurgency has a chance of winning without significant support from a foreign nation.

At this point their best course of action is to cause as much infrastructure damage as possible, as fast as possible in their AO. That means destroying road and bridges, contaminating food and water supply’s, and generally being a pain in the Amarrian’s ass for as long as possible.

2 Likes

Unless they have secured a place for themselves to get those, or unless the plan is just to make the planet uninhabitable in scorched earth policy, this is a phenominally bad idea.

Consider the following: The rebels are in hostile territory and despite possible covert aid from symphatetic forces will be in short supply of just about everything and mainly will have to make do with what they can wrench from the control of the enemy.

Consider then that the enemy force also has complete aerial and space superiority. This makes ground operations a breeze for the Amarr but extremely difficult for the rebels, unless the Amarr are shooting themselves in the leg by avoiding killing anyone, which it doesn’t sound like they are.

Everyone’s assesment that the rebels are royally ■■■■■■ without outside intervention is a very correct one.

1 Like

Never you mind most of these… people, Sekhmet Alizabeth, you know your task and how to accomplish it.

2 Likes

The suggestion was made with the knowledge that they wouldn’t be alive long enough to need a large stockpile of supplies. It won’t be more then a week or two (if they get lucky) before this is over. So, scorching as much earth as possible is about the only statement that they can make that will cost the amarr, aside from the symbolism of the revolt itself.

1 Like

It is easy for us to say that, but salting the earth serves no purpose for the rebels, realistically. They know Amarr will just throw more slaves to cleanse whatever they poison, with no regard for lives lost in the process. It is a magnificient lose/lose system the Amarr have built for them.

She’s right. The truth is that anyone who wants to surrender will be given the chance. The ones that want to die on their feet and be free with their final act will also be given the chance. There’s no need to make this worse for anyone.

2 Likes

For the Rebellion, while not individual rebels themselves, spreading the fire is the only thing that actually gives any hope of any long term success. Hence, “making it worse” (again, on the scale of the whole unrest, not on the scale of individuals or individual populations) is actually a very important strategic goal.

This of course explains why it serves the Amarrians to stick to the “let’s just get this over with and no one needs to get hurt” line.

Just thought it might make sense to point this out.

2 Likes