[SARUM] 331st Sarum Hussars Deploying to Alkabsi

I am not much of a warrior. I worked and retired from a Home Guard internal security bureau. Not much soldiering required I am afraid.

I have taken an image of our current operational area.

It’s really ■■■■■■■ hot here.

1 Like

Currently, Newelle Family has opened up a citadel about Alkabsi. House Sarum forces are evacuating non-combatants there to keep the battlespace as uncluttered as possible. We hope this inconvenience will be over quickly. In the mean time, donations of supplies would be welcome.

On the surface, forces from Para’nashu are deployed in over division strength and remain decisively engaged. Arch Lieutenant Falkri, Commander of F Troop, 2nd Squadron, and Corporal of Horse Hijazi, of the same, have been mentioned in dispatches for their swift action in rescuing a hostage from a rebel group.

2 Likes

Almost seven hours ago, following sub-orbital strikes conducted by House Sarum forces, the 4th Marine Mountain Infantry regiment conducted a combat drop into the Draka Badlands. The Draka Badlands is a hotbed of rebel activity with enemy strength estimates ranging from a “whole pee pot full” to a “metric fucktonne.” The terrain is well suited for defensive operations.

At present, heavy fighting is ongoing in the badlands between House Sarum forces and the rebels.

The temperature remains hot. The battlespace remains hot. Half of what I want isn’t so bad.

Agreed. The fact that there is still a metric fucktonne of rebels left is great news, as is the fact that the area they’re in is defensible.

2 Likes

Well, thinking rationally, any rebel that was in a poorly defended area is already dead. The only ones left are in good defensive positions. In any other campaign, the badlands would by bypassed on the way to other objectives, but the rebels are the objective. It’s a solid strategic move on their part. In the end, it won’t matter, though.

They could have a team of the best strategic minds on their side, and they could only hope to prolong the inevitable. The issue is not in doubt. To use a cliche, it’s just a matter of time.

Yeah, but here’s hoping they give your guys a black eye on the way out.

2 Likes

So far the rebels have been a resolute foe, fighting well given their situation. It’s actually become a proper battle, which makes me feel pretty good. No one likes a fight where the other side just dies.

I want to just take this moment to address all those who talked about police actions and what not when I announced our deployment: next time, stay in your lane.

My people. My lane. That you try justifying murdering them all with the fact that they defend themselves well is hideous.

1 Like

I don’t have to justify myself. Just know that you’re wrong about everything and we can move on.

2 Likes

My wrong, huh. Well that’s a persuasive argument.

I’m afraid moving on isn’t a thing. You’re not the first to be murderous scum in the service of the barbarians, and won’t be the last I’m sure.

1 Like

Yep. I made a grammar error while posting from a warzone in a lull. Happens. You’re still wrong.

Also, stop frothing at the mouth.

Your argument remains non-persuasive, you know. Can you really not do any better? I would have expected “u mad” rhetoric from the Fweddit type morons, not up here.

1 Like

You’ve been over the top since this started. Feral bloodlust, savage, murderous scum, murder this, barbarian that. Really. I’m not known for being the most level-headed woman in the Cluster, but even I’m looking at your words wondering if you’ve lost it.

The consequences of rebellion are perfectly clear and well known. The question about whether it’s justified or not doesn’t enter into it.

Stick to space, Ms. Del’thul. When it comes to this topic, you’re not even wrong.

Obey or Die doesn’t become right just because it’s prevalent, you know, nor does bloodlust, savage, barbarian and so on fail to apply to a society built around that core of abuse and primitive brutality. Treating it as anything short of these things isn’t just a matter of naivete, it is either staggeringly dishonest or stupid. Besides, I was dirtside in the Empire before you became a capsuleer, Vea. By quite a few years at that.

And I think we’re done.

If you cannot show at least a modicum of decency then I won’t bother conversing with you.

2 Likes

She says whilst slaughtering men, women and children that just want to be free.

1 Like

As I told my Marines. Be polite, be professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet. The only people that have anything to fear from my Marines are those that seek to kill them.

1 Like

You know, if you let ships come pick them up so they can leave, they won’t be trying to kill your marines. Win win. Should I schedule a couple of freighters to get on that?

3 Likes

I tell you what: if their holders and Lord Sarum are willing, I will be happy to have my Marines assist with loading.

1 Like