Say it with one sentence why EVE is bad

What?? You can already play SC. Just look at some lets play videos or play yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfhL4nge0ME

1 Like

It’s still in Alpha, and has been for years, even though it’s been crowd-funded to the tune of almost $200 million dollars. If you can’t release a game for $200 million dollars, just give up…

2 Likes

On December 27, 2016, Star Citizen was the recipient of the Wired’s Thanks for Nothing, Videogames: 2016 Vaporware Awards.

On December 12, 2017, CryTek, the developers of CryEngine, filed a lawsuit for copyright infringement and breach of contract in the United States District Court for the Central District of California Western Division against the developers of Star Citizen.

Not looking good. Like I said, it will likely never be released.

2 Likes

Gankers, bots, alliances, and war Dec’s.

Can’t try anything fun without either signing over your API or signing up to be a gun for politics you don’t even care about.

2 Likes

Size still matters the most: if you’re not in a large corp or alliance, access to premium content, experiences and rewards is very limited.

LMAO!

edit: lolololololololololololololololololol

3 Likes

Night; and once again,
the while I wait for you, cold wind
EvE, she is dying

1 Like

I’m sure SC will be fine.

1 Like

Which doesn’t change the fact that it’s still crowd-funded vaporware that is still in Alpha and the only thing that has been “released” is a single player campaign tech demo. That’s all they have to show for $200 million dollars…

1 Like

CCP, Can’t Code Properly.

Is the “vaporware” remark wishful thinking on your part? If a game like Fallout 4 or The Witcher III can take 4-5 years to make I don’t think 6-8 years for SC to be released is unreasonable considering they are building multiple star systems with planet surfaces, buildings, interiors, characters, weapons, ships, land vehicles and missions. It’s a massive project. Not to mention they switched game engines. I do think they could have scaled it down a bit to release it in updates and expansions, but Chris Roberts seems to want to release everything at once.

1 Like

Actually they recently changed how the game is being released. A lot of people don’t realize there’s a lot more work being done then just game play mechanics and graphics, such as Voice Over IP and Face Over IP.

one word even: NES

1 Like

EvE the game where you can have a 75000 man alliance even though there are no more than 40000 people logged on ever at one.

Eve has a great story, new player’s don’t get the chance to learn about it or experience it, if npc’s rein-acted these old stories with maybe the real player’s doing voice over’s then eve would see a massive soar in new player retention on epic level’s can you imagen the moment you realize that the npc story line you just followed actually happend with real players? It would be one @$@$@#$ epic moment. (it would need to be in voice so that people don’t skip passed all the text.)

Also imagen doing something legendary in eve and being immortalized into npc storyline so that all new players learnt your name and your deed’s? Even the thought of that to new player’s would be quite something as they themselves would then be inspired to do something great.

2 Likes

EvE that game that cant keep up with tidi no matter how fast they upgrade, because the players solution to losing is just put more people on the field until the game cant move.

3 Likes

EvE that game you play while you are waiting to play a game where people fight.

3 Likes

Eve’s PvE is boring, and PvP is bigger blob wins.

1 Like

The pussification of Eve in the pointless pursuit of instant gratification gamers.

7 Likes

EVE Online is a sandbox that is PLAYER driven. If it’s bad, well, then we have no one but ourselves to blame.

1 Like