Secrets Of The Abyss - Event Feedback Thread

I agree featured events should be aimed at large scale of players, not only those top 1% who farm tier 5’s. Tasks should either reset at downtime as they used to or tasks requirng doing tier 4 and 5 should be deleted.

2 Likes

Can you please change the settings for point redemption to be automatic rather then having to click them off… if you’re not paying attention you’ll miss points while running rooms due to completed tasks stuck pending acceptance.

Also. 1000 pts for the final reward is alittle steep IMO. I’m not actively farming 4’s & 5’s because I’m not going to throw billions at a ship just to lost it trying to acquire 40 pts for raging/chaotic tier filaments with everything else being 2 o 5 point values.

EDIT: NVM, Farmed 3 accounts pretty successfully once I got into a rhythm in lower tiers.

3 Likes

what does it mean you keep a close eye on that? You don’t know what is needed to complete higher tier yet you create event thinking it is easy farm? Billions worth of fits are required to complete T5. It is total bull**** to assume we need to run all 5 tiers to reset it. BTW why I get the feeling you were told to build an event around abyss for marketing purpose?

1 Like

Reading your replies, I am not sure that you have any idea whatsoever as to the level that difficulty is set in the abyss, and you seem to be treating it like just a content level to tick off!

on that basis you would probably set a nullsec PVP event to be like this (shamelessly stolen from reddit)

what’s the next event? Nullsec PVP experience? on this showing the chain will be get 1000 to complete, missions do not reset at downtime.

1. solo kill frigate 2 points.

2. solo kill cruiser 5 points.

3. solo kill carrier. 10 points.

4. solo kill titan 20 points.

5. solo kill all of goonswarm 50 points.

6. kill the entire playerbase’s desire to do events? 1000 points*. *(Developer privileges required)

You might want to discuss with a developer who has some experience of both these matters and who plays the game, why this and what you have been doing is such a BAD idea?

4 Likes

Ok, so I’m going through, running things… without issue I guess, but the question I have is what the hell do I do with all of these datastreams? Is there a NPC I can turn these in to? IDK, just my two cents but it seems that with a lot of the lore related stuff a real crap job is being done on getting word out to what NPCs might be interested in the stuff we find.

3 Likes

I am guessing this isn’t actually part of the event as such, and will prove to be a gateway to new content coming down the line. Probably worth hoarding them for a while.

3 Likes

So CCP Dragon, with all respect can you answer me this question please.

I found this event attractive at first but as many others I wonder, to whom this event is directed actually ?

Because main source of I come is people who want to buy Plex, injector etc …

The ones running tier 4-5 are already billionaire people and most of them in large corporation.

They basically don’t need to buy from CCP anything …

So if this event is design to please them, actually you can of let down all the people buying actual stuff from you ?

Can you at least make a reset out of the Abyss challenge for the large majority ?

Thanks and welcome for others to comment this …

3 Likes

I wholly agree with Darkstone here.
BTW, I believe that if you want to know the SP and stuff for T5 I think you can just check EVE Youtube videos

1 Like

In other words, there is NO way to get more than 3 accelerators out of this Event if you can’t go beyond T3, either because you lack the SP or the couple of billion to pimp your ship. That’s not an event, that’s a hand out to the top 1%.

5 Likes

CCP Dragon

---- It will repeat only if you complete it. We keep a close eye on what ship fits and skill points are required to complete each tier. ----

sry but this is totaly dumb… nevermind bought the skins at jita market, event is over for me. to much hassle with this.

2 Likes

A what? So as part of this 1% who runs T5s I was handed out accelerators? In such a reality I wish I could live.

Since we’re currently experiencing a bug where the event bugs out and disappears, I’m not getting any accelerators because I’m not even part of the event to begin with. But that aside…

Handed out? All the time and effort it took me to become capable of running T5s, specifically to run T5s, must’ve all been a dream then. And then all the time and effort I’ve put into actually running them must’ve been a dream as well. I wasn’t aware that I could just start a fresh account and I should just be given stuff, cause then I wouldn’t have bothered. Would I?

I do agree that the event should have reset and allowed everybody to get as many accelerators as they put effort into running abyssals. But the 1% was given a hand out? Good morning.

1 Like

@CCP_Dragon

Here is my feedback to the event.

1. For me, it is a great opportunity to farm as many Accelerators as I want. The same for any other high SP char with appropriate funds and base understanding of Abyssal Deadspace. (Only disappointment is how the Ancillary Mutaplasmids are available, but I’m used to being disappointed by how Mutaplasmids drop, so yeah)

2. For low SP chars it’s sh*t, like literally the worst possible event. I’ve tested it on several alts including Alphas and it is just bad. For once, there is absolutely no way lower SP players are going to finish higher tier sites and a great big chance of them losing ship+pod in mid-tier or even low tier sites. Also, most of the rewards are gated from them.

Ergo: an event for the rich and high SP chars.

Despite personally profiting, I think you guys made a huge mistake here.

Events were normally a good way to give new players the chance to not only have fun, but also make a step forward, close the gap, have their effort and wits rewarded. But not this Event.

SP and ISK are hard tresholds that already decide if one can use this Event to fill the pockets or not. If one can use this Event to risk the new players hard-earned ship+pod for absolutely nothing.

TL;DR I profit, new players get the rake. You guys need to re-think what kind of damage you’re doing to the motivation of low SP chars if you literally show them the middle finger.

p.s. it also lowers my motivation, because it seems that you guys are not even giving enough of a damn, to think things through. It’s almost as if all the past discussions never happened and you guys just automatically assume players are wrong.

7 Likes

So, from what I see, nobody is happy, from new player to old vet, seems we can’t pull anything good out of this …

It’s sad, as other event before, everything is there to make it a success but …

CCP, can you give us more comeback about the general deception, a mod or a fix for the rest of the event ?

You work hard, but do you listen to your customer ?

1 Like

Also… Why do i have to manually click through the trinary container spawn boxes? Why not do what you’ve done in the past and just auto reveal the content… more clicks are bad when you’re trying to grind out as many filaments as possible to get the achievements.

2 Likes

Used 2 boosters this far; 1 prototype and 1 extended. Not sure on first one as I didn’t pay enough attention and just thought they worked.

BUT then I saw post here that some people didn’t get shorter skill queue. So, I paid attention when using next one AND no change for me either. Not even a nudge on long skills. So, I am down 2 boosters AND I sold few for quick buck at start because I also thought missions reset like in the past. Granted, I can admit that thinking that might be my error. But info on it was hard to come by and I got it confirmed today sadly.

Add to this problems at start and I wonder how this many errors managed to get here?

I made a ticket about this also, but no answer this far. I hope this gets sorted out and people don’t lose out on skillpoints.

EDIT: Also, I was too stupid to get screenshot before & after… shame on me. Next time: no trusting things and get the proof.

2 Likes

The funniest/most tragic part of this all is that this event is a Hail-Mary attempt to salvage Abysal space and not throw it away like recent projects of FOB pirate bases, drifters, that dumbass resource wars lol.

All major development projects that ccp canned because of “lack of interest”

News Flash

The lack of interest in resource wars and abysal space is because you guys REFUSE to listen to feedback and make garbage projects.

I’m taking bets until when ccp throws in towel for Abysass space and stops iterating on it

6 Likes

I just receive an e-mail from CCP, here’s the first paragraph.

" Greetings Shado Step

Complete varied challenges in the limited time Secrets of the Abyss event by 4 September and get amazing rewards such as the unique and exclusive Armor Repairer and Shield Booster Mutaplasmids, as well as exclusive Singularity Storm SKINs for Triglavian ships."

Thank you CCP, it’s what I’ve been trying to do for 3 days now, but your event is bugged for me and it doesn’t appear in my tracker or my Agency. But it’s nice of you to send me promotional e-mails about it, how thoughtful.

You can’t even get mad anymore, you can only make fun at the irony.

1 Like

CCP Please can you make the Secrets Of The Abyss Event challenges reset every down time.

Making the challenges reset every 24 hours will allow most players to progress and enjoy this event.
As a lot of people are stuck not able to run LVL 5’s.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the professional response. I figured most of my concerns were misunderstandings. I am a little disappointed about the accelerator system but I can see some decent reasons for it. It is a very good way to reward stronger players who otherwise don’t have much reason to farm events.
I do think many players, including me, would appreciate a chance to earn a few more basic accelerators during the event. Even just 1 every 3-5 days. Other than that I have no real complaints that haven’t been addressed or fixed in someway.
o7 thanks again

1 Like

To be fair people generally only come to threads like these if they are dissatisfied. People rarely ever take time to post positive feedback, on any issue. Unless its truly life changing.

1 Like