Secrets Of The Abyss - Event Feedback Thread

No, actually it sucks. I have a total of 4 characters that can run abysmal stuff.

My main one can do T5s electrical and exotic, gamma is iffy, the fire and dark one are a complete no go.

My 2nd toon can do up to T3s, but not T4s or T5s, hes got quite a bit to go, not sure if I will ever take him up that high on the combat skills and ships.

My remaining 2 are not combat focused so they can run only T2s but not further, still good enough to farm boosters though.

So the problem is this happened on my 2nd toon, the one that can do up to T3s. So hes basically completely screwed and locked out of the event, and I wanted to take him up to 100 points. None of this stuff is resetting through server resets.

So as a result, I now have 1 toon that is sitting around 2600+ points and counting, this is my main, 2 toons that I will not be taking up to 1000 points cause they’re limited to T2s thus going too slow in them (not just points but actual site clears), and this toon that would have managed to go up to 1000 but can’t because its bugged. So this is not nice. I’m missing out on a good chunk here.

Speaking off the points, it would have been nice if the event would continue rewarding people that run over the max points. It could be on diminishing returns, for example if something takes 400 points on the 1st round, maybe takes 800 on the 2nd round, then it becomes 800, so on and so forth.

So that is another thing I would like to see addressed in the future.

1 Like

another DT passes,
another day of events not resetting,
another day of patch notes being wrong,
another day of disappointed customers,
another day of CCP not answering or dealing with the issues or even making a statement

great way to run a company………………

3 Likes

another day some people can farm boosters in T5, another day some some people don’t have the event at all

great way to discriminate…

2 Likes

yup patch still hasn’t sorted the problem and not resetting. I am not sure why I tested, It is past the point where one can complete it in the time remaining.

2 Likes

This is quite embarrassing to say the least. I’m glad I never cared for abyssal content in the first place.

2 Likes

Agreed. Events don’t even need to be specifically tailored towards new players, they just need a chance. There are plenty of highly motivated low SP chars out there, hungry to find any opportunity to go all in and try to climb up the ladder.

These are the people that should find opportunities in Events, they shouldn’t be blocked out by tresholds they can’t possible overcome.

The reason is simple: I personally used the very early events to grow and it gave me a lot more options in the game. I think new players who are hungry and willing to put effort and brains into it, going not the beaten path, but trying Events and other ways around the normal to close the gap, will exactly be the new players who create content later on.

Older or higher SP chars will anyway profit, that is always a given. It’s not about excluding us, but about using events as an opportunity to keep all of us on our toes and not let previous advantages be cemented by mechanics, but rather shake things up again and again.

2 Likes

Good point regarding the solo nature of this event; CCP has just released a very glossy ‘recruit your friends it makes Eve better’ video, and yet here they are marketing an Event that is exclusive, definitely not new player friendly, and prohibits collaborative gameplay.

The cognitive dissonance is huge.

I previously commented about my frustration about having invested a fair amount of $$ into the game, but I still can’t do this event;

I used to have a couple of toons with 120M SP before taking a 5.5 year break. Gave away all my stuff.
I’m coming back to game with fesh toons, so I was willing to spend to unlock some of the glacially slow development… because i want to play with my brother, and that means having some halfway decent ships and skills unlocked.

But I’m only willing to do that a point., and the input vs reward to keep on ploughing injectors is not there any more. That’s why these cerebral accelerators are so useful; it’s the only way I can realistically accelerate my ability to play with my brother and not be a charity case…And to get that social aspect that keeps people so engaged with Eve.

So the events, when they’re poorly designed or buggy (and this has been both) are disappointing.

Oh, and for the record; I did a tier 1, did a Tier 2, lost my VNI to a couple of Vedmaks , so I abandoned the event at 4 hours elapsed and 34 points accrued and haven’t bothered to do any more; I mainly came back to this thread to see if anything had improved in terms of implementation. Not really, by the looks.

And it’s not even close to the only, or even most expensive, ship I’ve lost recently… had to pod myself out of a wormhole i trapped myself while rolling holes on one toon, I finally lost my first barge solo mining in lowsec on another toon, and lost a Cane Fleet in a 5/10 or 6/10 plex. The VNI is the only one that pisses me off; because the randomness is punitive.

7 Likes

+1
This.

1 Like

That’s the ironic part…Abyssal Deadspace needed things to encourage it more, make it more tempting, not cause folks to bang their head against the wall and pull their hair out more.

Right now, I’m planning on maybe gunning a few T2’s per day until the end of the event which, according to my math, should net me just enough for the Leshak SKIN a day ahead of the event ending. Then, I’m probably just gonna’ dump the rest of the keys and loot off the market and go back to missions and such – things without a 20 minute do-or-die timer. I’m not even bothered by the occasional f-you spawns I’ve seen. With careful planning, good piloting and focus, the pilot can often out fly the gank rooms. Problem is that that sort of flying often requires a lot of stoic patience on the part of the pilot, something you have little time for thanks to the kill timer. What’s worse is that it doesn’t even scale to the tier at the very least, so where I exit a casually ran T1 with well over a dozen minutes to spare, my first 3 attempts at T3s all nearly killed me on time.

2 Likes

The abyssal change hasn’t reset again, But it’s ok I guess /s , the patch notes have been amended to change the 24RD to 24Th and they have removed the line about resetting the T2-T5 chain at downtime.

That is probably much simpler than fixing the problem.

Maybe they are hoping we didn’t notice? and rewriting history is so much easier than keeping one’s promise that it was fixed (when it wasn’t).

Shovelling on bovine excrement, is NOT going to keep people from seeing just how incredibly dreadful this event was, It just makes the steaming pile seem even bigger.

1 Like

I got a screeny of it -

I mean it was never actually patched, but just altering the notes to cover up a failure strikes me an underhand move, especially when there has still been complete silence on the issue.

is this the way the company is going???

2 Likes

It was patched actually. I play the event on 2 characters and on one it would reset, while on the other it didn’t. It seems that they botched this change and instead of fixing it, just deleted the entry and tried to make it go away.

I won’t be home for several more hours, so I can’t check right now if the reset is now gone for the character that it did work for.

3 Likes

From Reddit

Yeah, it was patched, but not working for everyone. Looks like if you already were stuck at a level, it won’t reset. I guess, if you would reach the next step on your own, it would reset at downtime as intended. I am stuck on one char, two others properly reset each day.

So looks like if you are stuck, you gotta bite the bullet and do that T4/T5 and from then on, it will work as the patch intended.

1 Like

So looks like if you are stuck, you gotta bite the bullet and do that T4/T5 and from then on, it will work as the patch intended.

Or not, now it is no longer in the patch notes, one doesn’t know what the hell they are trying to tell us?

Is it still just a broken patch they are denying the existence of?
Is it going to be fixed (and reset all the progress we have made so far)?
Are they denying it ever was?
Have they removed the “invisible” patch? and we do as you suggest and find doesn’t reset?

The problem is if you rewrite history to hide the truth, how does one know what the truth is? and what is meant to be true? What are we meant to believe?

And in the absence of truth, how does one have faith in the messenger? or in those who send the message?

Incompetence wasn’t a good look.

A lying incompetent isn’t a better look.

Mistakes happen, People have bad days, teams don’t have all the resources they need, and we can understand and forgive that if there is a will to improve.

But this is spiralling into an absolute nightmare.

1 Like

Well, I can tell you one thing. If it did reset for you yesterday, it still does, as with two of my chars. If you were stuck yesterday, you still are. So it is indeed either bite the bullet and pull through that T4/T5, or don’t. I doubt it will get fixed, but still no reason to get riled up over a game, is it?

1 Like

You mistake being riled up over a game, with pointing out that… shall We be polite and call it a less than optimal implementation, response and resolution of issues that have affected a lot of people?

Now CCP might believe that if they ignore it hard enough, and remove the evidence, that players have the memory of a goldfish and it will all magically go away and not affect peoples future purchasing decisions.

They have a history of making such assumptions, and It hasn’t exactly worked out too well.

1 Like

They messed up the event, they messed up that patch, they know that. ■■■■ happens, the world keeps spinning…for now.

Quite true, CCP dragons earlier comments, were more in the defensive vein than any acceptance that they could do better, and With the evidence removal, It really doesn’t put them in a good light, or give any impression that they have any will whatsoever to improve.

I really hope they do, but the evidence removal gives the impression that they don’t want to face their mistakes, and would far rather just ignore them and hope they go away. I would be delighted if that was NOT the case.

1 Like

This doesn’t bode well. This will go into memory and it seems there are luckily backups about this “mysterious” omission in already published patch notes. Hopefully all this will be posted elsewhere and we can link back to it when other mysteries happen. I mean, if someone is willing to do this once, it will happen again.

Going to bookmark this reddit link…

1 Like