Secrets Of The Abyss - Event Feedback Thread

There is little need to point out just how bad the latest abyss event has been, You either know or have been on holiday for a while.

On the 24Th (CCP dates had this as the 24RD) The Patch notes contained a fix for one of the more glaring issues, that had created a lot of discontent.

Unfortunately It didn’t work, and players logged on for days, checked, found it still broken and logged right off!

Today they have fixed the Patch notes, Not by fixing the problem but by re-writing history.

The event challenge chain ‘Delve Into the Abyss’ (parts 2-5) will now reset at downtime, if they have not been completed.

Now that line is simply wiped away, never to be seen again.

CCP rewriting history is the mark of an organisation afraid of the truth.

Those who catch you in the act lose all faith in your ability to be honest and truthful.

Not a good image to foster.

Together with the impression of incompetence this event inspired, It really isn’t a good look.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/9ay69y/ccp_rewrites_history_big_brother_watch_alert/

3 Likes

Yeah … such good customer treatment deserve from us the same treatment …

Sometime, this behavior remind me a company about to shot down and trying to grind as much money as they can before the boat sink …

Are we getting there ?

That will be sad, because they can do thing that make us support them …

The persons running this business clearly dont get business…

Sad sad sad

1 Like

But you remember it wrong…

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia

1 Like

Ooh new emails! https://www.eveonline.com/live-event

So nice of marketing to remind me that I’ve only got a few days to reach my objectives! especially as the broken event makes it impossible to actually do that, and amazing rewards I will never see.

It’s not like every day, I’ve checked to see if the patch that would make it possible had actually worked, ( I imagine I should feel better now the patch note has ceased to exist).

Maybe someone should tell marketing that the incredible journey they are encouraging people to take, ends in a dumpster fire? and they are just throwing petrol on it?

1 Like

“To ease your pain accept this -5% coupon for your next month of subscription. (Only valid for new purchases.)” :stuck_out_tongue:

We have Tuesday now, event ends in 5 days and it still doesnt work for many players. Another patch was yesterday and still challenge Delve into Abyss doesnt reset for those who started it on day 1.
Support ticket created and no help received from GMs as well.
There is even no more replies from CCP about this matter. Really pathetic :frowning:

2 Likes

The issue has been resolved for me. The event is back in my agency window.

2 Likes

CCP PLEASE RESPOND

The quest to complete lvl 1,2,3,4,5 abyssal sites still doesnt reset on DT.
It was said in aptch notes 5 days ago it will reset.
Therefore a lot of us can’t complete the event as we can’t run lvl 5 abyssal sites.
Therefore we cant get accelerators or get event points.

It sucks big times!
I reported a bug and made a support ticket.
I was told nothing can be done about it (basically some copy pasta that you are sorry and I should screw off).

Why are you doing this ■■■■ again?
Cant you just reset the quest at the downtime or reimburse the folks that can’t get accelerators?

1 Like

Can the event be extended by maybe a week please?
Our courier guys are a bunch of pansies and my new Gilas will take some time to be moved TY

1 Like

Yea, LOL, I am stuck with events on 3 toons, 2 have gone as far as they possibly can (just the 450 pointers), 1 is stuck due to events not resetting and can’t even get to the 450 point mark, and my main is now pass 4k event points and nothing to spend them on …

1 Like

Also, the red triglavian data sheets almost stopped selling now, they’re about to hit rock bottom, sell off now whatever you can, so that is a HUGE chunk of Abyss income that just poofed.

Only things are are still selling well are unstable mutaplasmids, tier 4 and 5 gamma filaments, and the red barrel looking thingies and the grey contruction thingies (for precursor ships). Electrical and exotic filaments sell decent still but not good anymore, gravid mutaplasmids are diving in prices, and the rest of it is all total crap.

8 days ago i filed a bugreport about secrets of the abyss not showing in the agency.
They replied “Will be fixed shortly, aware of the issue” etc
6 days left of the event now…

Please no!

Don’t extend it - let’s get it over with and hope the next event is better

1 Like

That would be the wisest choice, coupled with a non judgemental acceptance that they did not meet acceptable standards, and a promise to do better.

Then internally face the fact that they fell far short, take an open and unbiased look as to why, accept the findings, and correct the mindset, attitudes, and lack of resources that allowed it to be designed in this form, implemented, and released.

Followed by designing and testing the next new event with these new lessons accepted, learnt, and internalised, player testing on SISI, and listening to AND acting on, the feedback received.

That would be the best response.

Edit: These events attract a VERY large proportion of active players, and encourage those who are semi active to join in.
They also encourage lapsed players to give EVE another go.
If well resources and designed, they are a major driver of player engagement and by extension CCP’s income both current and future.

The team should be provided with sufficient resources and support to be consistent with these benefits.

3 Likes

Just hope they don’t intend to keep up with the “manually redeem your points” shenanigans. I don’t care if that was for anti-botting or what ever the reasoning was, it’s awfully lazy to screw over the folks who are playing legitimately just because others are not.

5 Likes

For your information, there are NPC buy orders for the triglavian Data sheets, (just not in Jita). I can’t get online to check at the moment, but If I Remember correctly, it is either at DED stations or at concord stations that the NPCs operate, who buy them.

LOl, I didn’t know that, someone post more info please, where ? So I can check it out.

Have a look at Dotlan, every station where CONCORD has sov in hisec. They pay a fixed 100k for them.

Here’s a list of all the buy orders for Triglavian Survey Data, with the NPC buy orders at the top at 100K each:
https://eve-marketdata.com/price_check.php?type_id=48121&region_id=&solarsystem_id=&type=buy

In order to fetch full price, you may have to fly a little bit from your usual selling location, or you can simply sell it for a bit less in a tradehub and have someone else haul it the nearest NPC trader for a small markup.

2 Likes

Thanks. So these are pretty much like some tags and overseer’s thingies etc. I truly did not realize that.

1 Like