Secrets Of The Abyss - Event Feedback Thread

“Delve into the Abyss” remains bugged. I have had to buy nine (9) Prototype ‘Hercules’ Cerebral Accelerators that I could and should have been able to earn on my own by completing the first two parts of the bugged event task. Buying these accelerators cost me a total of 675,099,315.28 ISK; the alternative was missing out on 466,560 SP.

I should have not had to pay that ISK to buy those accelerators; the cost to me should have been zero (0) ISK and I should have retained all of the SP. Furthermore, even assuming I could not earn accelerators until the day after last Friday’s hotfix patch, I should have had a surplus of accelerators to sell. I estimate that not being able to earn accelerators from the second part of “Delve into the Abyss” has cost me a total of over 800 million ISK in unnecessary purchases and lost sales.

I am lucky that I have the reserve funds and income to be able to absorb this kind of loss, but many other players are not so fortunate. The bugged event task didn’t prevent me from buying my SP; it just cost me time as I rebuild my wallet funds. Many other players are not so well-positioned as I am, and permanently lost out on SP they should have been able to earn.

While I appreciate @CCP_Falcon actually replying, things having “been a crazy busy week or two” is not an excuse for the entire CM/GM team not communicating at all. This thread has been entirely devoid of official responses, except for @CCP_Dragon’s initial response and @CCP_Falcon’s response. My multiple bug reports have received no comments from anyone at all. To say that this is frustrating would be a gross understatement.

The one thing that would have prevented the uproar this thread has seen is apologetic communication. A simple statement like this one…

“Hey everyone, this event is bugged and we don’t know why. We’re very sorry about all the problems and we’re doing our best to fix it as fast as we can. We know how frustrating this is for you and we promise to do better next time.”

…would have been all CCP needed to dramatically calm down the community. Apologies are powerful. We do not yet have an apology… except for how long it took to talk to us. At this point, players are thinking more about restitution than the principle of a mea culpa.

3 Likes

If the event wasnt bugged accelerators would cost same as on previous events (around 20m), as supply would be much higher. Because 50%+ players got stuck due to bug and couldnt earn accelerators their price skyrocketed to 70-100m.
So those minority of players that was able to run event without bug found event very profitable. And those 1% who do chaotic sites on daily basis earned billions.

2 Likes

Can’t be that useless. I run T5s without any problems. They should have made it clear that the event feedback isn’t for the lowest skilled useless people…like you. It is for people that can actually participate.

Some people are smart enough to prepare for the worst. Like I told that other nooblet. I do T5s with no problems.

1 Like

First I guess you never bothered to read my original post. Thanks for being an ignorant moron.

Second, woah there on the elistism kiddie. Thank god people like you aren’t in-charge.

With enough isk anyone can do anything in this game, WHICH ISN’T THE POINT. So once again, please go back to your corner and pretend you understand what this thread is about and keep patting yourself on the back for not understanding.

1 Like

Hi CCP Falcon

Could CCP please give another week for this event ? The time is pretty short and some players will not have had time to get into the event.

I would suggest to extend the expiry time for event cerebral accelerators. Thy last to short and I never have time to use them all. Always have to sell some. :disappointed_relieved:

I believe there’s a new event due very shortly after this one. So I doubt they will do that.

I’m not running the event.

I’ve decided to sit this round of cerebral accelerators out. Figured, if I go into the Abyss then I should use a cheap clone, which means I cannot use +5 attribute implants. It’s then just not as much of an incentive compared to running other events for accelerators.

The Abyss is then already overrun with players, who are trying to make a fortune, and ending up complaining about bad payouts. It then didn’t feel right to go in as a noob, trying my own luck, basically making it only worse.

The timing of the event seems forced and like it’s meant to lure players, too.

Just my opinion and my personal reasoning for why I’m not in on this.

I finished event with all +5 implants in my head without being PODed. You just have to practice Tiers 1 - 3 and find perfect ship and fit for you and that’s it, you are safe!

1 Like

In theory, yes, but I’m now too getting the occasional “Socket Closed”, and so I’m not going in with expensive gear.

I encountered one “socket closed” in abyssal space. It was my first. And immediately I thought “■■■■, my pod!!!” but than I restarted client and continued the site and finished it normally. My drones were in drone bay, CCP saved them :rofl: and only wierd thing was that 20min. timer was gone. Maybe just visual timer notification was gone but I didn’t want to test it by staying inside 20+ minutes

There is no cooldown for clone-jumping when in a citadel to a clone located in the same citadel.

So you could’ve just left your +5 clone for 30-60 minutes to run a few Abyssal sites for the event and then jumped back into your main clone. Total SP lost from this 225-450 (7.5 SP / minute). Total SP gained from 1 Prototype Accelerator: 25,920-51,840 (18 SP / minute for 24-48 hours depending on biology skill).

2 Likes

Everyone better than me is "elitism kiddie*
Stop being so salty. The thread is about event feedback.
Half your whines are about the Abyss expansion and not the event at all.

If you wan’t to get good at the Abyss (for the event) you should have never used a Gila.
Gilas promote lazy flying.

It is the lowest-barrier-to-entry quality PVE cruiser in the game. I personally prefer Ishtars and Tengus to it, but for the Abyss, it’s my #1 go to ship even though I can fly all 8 HACs. I love its ease of use.

If someone can’t fly one yet or afford one yet, what’s the harm in telling them what ship they need to aim for first and foremost? it’s going to help them to know sooner or later. and hell, Alphas can fly it now thanks to the December 2017 changes, unlike HACs. Talk about accessible.

I’ve had 2 socket closures mid-abyssal sites out of ~1000 abyssal sites run. I only run t1/t2/t3 for now.

lol, I dunno if that guy uses a Gila or not, man, but he was complaining about me recommending Gilas (in lieu of Caracals or other missileboats) for the extra DPS from the twin bonused medium drones vs. just relying on RLMLs alone like some dude in a Caracal or Caracal Navy or something did and died due to not being able to break a BS tank with just RLMLs (hence my recommendation to the missileboat fans out there).

And ofc there are better ways to run it, but Gila is indeed EZ mode, for when you feel like being lazy. I personally find nothing wrong with that. If I’m not feeling lazy, I use my twin web, twin rep Sacrilege for a bit more involved of an abyss experience. I have survived one socket disconnect in the Gila and one socket disconnect in the Sac, btw, speaking of my socket closures experience with the Abyss. Was very very lucky on the latter, tho. Got back in in time to starts reps and AB at 20% armor and barely save myself.

Yep, that’s MTE on the “small number of players” affected. BTW, I was able to reset my progress on Delve by running a t3 on each account (since it had been stuck on t2 for 10 days straight)… the next day after downtime, I was able to get points again for t1 (for the first time since the first day of the event!) + points+accel for t2 (again, first time since first day of event) + points for t3 (2nd day in a row).

So the Delve task is only unstuck if you run an ADDITIONAL level of site above the one it got stuck on for a week+… would have been good to know when Falcon announced they’d “fixed” it, eh?

Mechanic: “Ma’am, your car is fixed…” :::hands keys back but neglects to mention the series of steps the driver will have to take before the car is drive-able again, leaving it for her to figure out on her own:::

Eh, I’ve been accelerated on all 3 of my accounts for at least 90% of the time for a whole year now. I wasn’t too worried about missing out on a bit of SP. I don’t use injectors, either, so accels are my only way besides good implants/good remap/good skill plan to “get ahead”, but I’m at around 115m/105m/100m on my 3 toons and rapidly approaching a point of “in no rush to train anything, feeling happy with all 3 pilots”, so…

STILL… extra acceleration and/or selling off some spare prototypes on the market sure woulda been nice. In the end, I got 1 trio of prototypes the first day of the event, grinded my way to 2 trios of extendeds from the agency points rewards, the 3 sets of 3 ship skins… and now after figuring out how to “unstick” my Delve task after CCP fixed it apparently over a week ago, managed to get 2 more trios of prototypes. That’ll do, pig. That’ll do.

I think that’s the idea. After all, if people who farm them weren’t encouraged to sell their extras, how would the people who don’t want to (or can’t) do the event ever use accels? I have plenty of friends who don’t farm events most of the time but they still like to use accels, so they buy them from event-runners on the market. I prefer to farm my own and spend my time rather than my ISK. Different strokes for different folks.

I enjoyed it. I don’t normally do events but I managed to complete it up to the end last night.
Couldn’t really afford the fits for T4 and 5 but enjoyed doing the lower Tiers and very much like the new graphic style.
I wont be doing the runs after the event though I dont think unless the Suspect Timer is reinstituted.

Why would they extend the expiry period?

"Yep, that’s MTE on the “small number of players” affected. BTW, I was able to reset my progress on Delve by running a t3 on each account (since it had been stuck on t2 for 10 days straight)… the next day after downtime, I was able to get points again for t1 (for the first time since the first day of the event!) + points+accel for t2 (again, first time since first day of event) + points for t3 (2nd day in a row).

So the Delve task is only unstuck if you run an ADDITIONAL level of site above the one it got stuck on for a week+… would have been good to know when Falcon announced they’d “fixed” it, eh?

Mechanic: “Ma’am, your car is fixed…” :::hands keys back but neglects to mention the series of steps the driver will have to take before the car is drive-able again, leaving it for her to figure out on her own:::"

Sorry what but what does MTE stand for?

The way I got unstuck from the Delve quest wasn’t by running a higher tier and it wasn’t from the reset either…
so that doesn’t work for all.

Here’s the thing. The first for tier 1-3 work on tier 4-5 as well as long as you didn’t get specific spawns.

To allow players to use all accelerators that they have collected during event.