Secrets Of The Abyss - Event Feedback Thread

I was advised Id need a faction fit set up, and I couldnt afford it. To be fair I could barely afford to replace the ship I was using until Id finished the event, so Id rather play it safe and end quids in.

Edit: I’d have also had to go out of my way to buy a module of a type I didn’t have available so just ran what I could without it.

So… as this fairly horrible event ends, on my unstuck character …

yea …

I also got into building a lot of Triglavian stuff, and there are really big, huge problems with this whole abyss stuff, not just from the abyss sites themselves, from economy, building, sales, etc. It is not good. I farmed a ton of building mats and then bought 10x more then I farmed, even running disgustingly huge amount of sites. Its bad. And the screenshot above doesn’t include my other 3 characters, between them add maybe another 2k points to it. Though 2 are super lowbie, tier 1 and 2 and got completely stuck.

The event itself was overall pretty horrible. Bad UI, jumping buttons that you have to click while inside the abyss where it is extremely not advisable to do so.

Cache things opening up some sort of crystals that no one knows what they’re for, or if they’ll ever have a use. I’m hoarding a whole bunch of them on one of my alts in a station container just in case, but am also not holding my breath for them becoming useful.

No Agency boosters !!! W T F kinda agency event is that ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? Seriously. You guys could have implimented at least some of them like every 100 points or so even the lowbie ones into the reward point track. But nothing.

Limited accelerators. There should have been more of the 24 hour (baseline) accelerators, a lot more.

Also, You said you were testing something, but didn’t tell us what it is that you were testing, I hope you learned something and it actually yields some decent results.

I learned some good stuff, that is to go back to regular stuff once am done building my current batch of stuff and not to bother with it again unless I see some seriously big and positive changes.

Really hope the next event will be better, return it to regular events, kill some stuff, get some boosters / accelerators, fight over some lootboxes, farm a bit, chill and enjoy. This one is just bad and too stressful all the way around.

1 Like

So is the suspect timer back in place for tier 4/5?

“We are currently in the process of running several tests on abyssal deadspace over the course of the next couple of months.” - CCP

1 Like

If you had bothered to read the rest of my post you’d realized that I was talking about the bad difficulty distribution.

If you had bothered to read my post you’d realize that I have no problems with “difficulty distribution” because I prepare for the worst a T5 has to offer. I still have a 100% completion rate.

Great for you. How does that help anyone else? How does that bring back anyone who rage-quitted after loosing a 2b ship in a L1 dark?

There is an event channel in game and an abyss channel. My fits have been linked dozens of times and the people using them have had the same success rate.

Are you saying it is somehow my fault that I didn’t hunt down each person that used a dumb fit? Or is it somehow my fault that sore losers refuse to use the provided Intel channels?

Tighten it instead.

You are fixing the symptoms, not the issue. Almost every game is made using a steadily ramping up difficulty, because people need to learn the game first, get better, and finally figure out the little details. And CCP is like “Lol, screw that, we make it random!”

I could write you a long essay on why random is bad, but the short version: people hate it, people quite the game because of it, less players = less fun for everyone.

I like it. Did you mean “quit”?

MTE = my thoughts exactly

Well, it’s possible that running a tier 3 on all 3 accounts isn’t what let me get points again for a tier 1 the next day and points + accel for running a tier 2 the next day. But that’s awfully coincidental if so.

That would be somewhat impressive (in a not-so-good way).

Most of the people I hear have lost ships in the Abyss are more like people trying to run a 400-500 mil ISK Gila in a tier 3 instead of pimping out a fit that works fine for tier 1/tier 2 but maybe can’t handle tier 3/tier 4, etc.

I didn’t like this event.

There are a few odd “special snowflakes” everywhere in everything in life, not just here in this particular content. However, if something was intended to be used by a wide group of people but ends up being used only by the special snowflakes, it is a design failure.

Also, I have read a lot of your posts, I also watched many videos, not yours, but people making similar claims, read a lot of stuff on various corp forums, etc. and paid particular attention to the T4, T5 deathspawns and how they handle them and the yall have 1 single thing in common.

All those videos, etc. do not show a single successfull deathspawn handling. They post plenty of theories on how it can be done, but then when it comes to the deed its only same old easy peezy crap that no one has problems to begin with. Any of the problem areas are not shown.

Define deathspawn.
I have never seen Leshaks and Vedmaks in the same room at the same time and I have been playing in the Abyss since prerelease. It sounds like you’re a special snowflake lying about some “deathspawn” to make it seem worst than it is.

Starving Leshaks don’t bother me because I fit for neuts and I only go in with ships that are immune to the neuts. Only a dummy would attempt T5s with poor cap stability. Is that what you did? That sounds likely. You did lie about the “deathspawn” after all.

The hardest room for me is renewing Leshaks because they rep a lot more than any other type.
No room takes me longer than 6 minutes. Like I already stated, I fit for the worst spawn. Now go to tumblr and whine about the snowflakes you lying ■■■■■.
And is it quite or quit?

So I just got a survey about this event. All it did was ask me to rate what I liked best about the event over and over again. It didn’t have any place to freeform type concerns or mention anything about the massive brokenness and problems of the event. What is the point of a totally one-sided survey?

To prove to the policy makers that they are right.

Why did not the accelerator become available in the market and become expired?
Who is wrong with the dates?

1 Like

My ‘Hercules’ booster were supposed to expire next DT … can’t sale it on the market but at least I can still use it.
I was hoping to sell 1 or 2 on the last day. :sweat_smile: