Securing High Security Space

It still seems like the preferred way of play right now is to have those with the least character to be the most successful in all areas of the environment. I still disagree that such an approach is globally beneficial.

Piracy isn’t defined by law, though it is taken into account in them. Piracy is method and has been used by humans in areas where it was illegal and where it wasn’t. It wasn’t until the last 100 years that there were actually international laws forbidding it. Naval thieving 100 mi off the coast in 1750 was not illegal but was still piracy.

Can you explain a bit more? What “environment” are you talking about here? And this is a sandbox video game. People are allowed to “actually participate” however they want.

I’m gonna call this lie out on what it is, a straight up lie. At best, it’s your own opinion, at worst, it’s a made up falsehood.

2 Likes

Which is precisely the point. How can you have a sandbox game within a command & control environment where CCP externally controls the economy?

If I want to crash a local economy I should be allowed to at least try. If I want to pick and choose who I buy and sell from eg by being able to block pre-identified pirates or known alts from my market trades, I should be allowed. If I want to have a scorched earth policy during or after an attack or wardec, I should be allowed. That’s all sandbox. There should not be separate rules for piracy / law & order / commercial… unless there is a some form of “lore” that at least explains it, if not actually justifies it.

Piracy is an act of robbery or criminal violence by ship or boat-borne attackers upon another ship or a coastal area, typically with the goal of stealing cargo and other valuable items or properties.

Robbery is the crime of taking or attempting to take anything of value by force, threat of force, or by putting the victim in fear.

In ordinary language, a crime is an unlawful act punishable by a state or other authority.[1] The term “crime” does not, in modern criminal law, have any simple and universally accepted definition,[2] though statutory definitions have been provided for certain purposes.[3] The most popular view is that crime is a category created by law; in other words, something is a crime if declared as such by the relevant and applicable law.

1 Like

RL analogies aside , 5 days of skills leave little choice when you need to haul 32k m3 of cargo . you take a t1 hauler tayra class … and the amarr undock down facing kickout , so hard to make a good undock bm and no option to dock back up … difficult situation but you must decide the risk yourself before taking action .
as to it hurting the economy well you lost 3 moon miner and fuel blocks worth 350 kk , that has no bad affect on the economy , in fact plenty of players will gladly sell you replacements … :slight_smile: good for economy and bad for the poor pirate he lost 75 million ship and got podded while blinky and you stingy hauler drop less than two million … :slight_smile:
instead of complaining you could be laughing and enjoying the experience of this game , this is eve at it’s ironic greatest … fly safe

2 Likes

So why on earth do you not spend your time in a much more productive way trying to understand that and learning what the game is about and how to properly play it, instead of wasting your and everybody else’s time with yet another silly thread like this?

7 Likes

Why do you need to understand why it is how it is? Why can you not accept what high security means within the context of the game? Simply play it, or don’t.

5 Likes

If there is less destruction then wouldn’t the economy slow?

Anyway, I’ve only once had any problems in hi sec and that was due to being impatient and transporting a Legion and modules in a Badger. (Fortunately the gankers were not of CODE. or miniluv quality)

Seems safe enough to me.

Drugs. Don’t do them.

1 Like

Unless they’re ones I’m selling, then it’s ok.

1 Like

RL arguments like this, even when done with the best of intentions to try to help clueless players understand, are actually counterproductive and a liability, because the fundamental underlying problem with all these players is precisely that they have a hard time differentiating between game and RL. They don’t understand this is A GAME where things don’t have to be like they’re in RL to begin with, and make all kinds of wrong assumptions because of that.

You don’t help them with that problem using RL analogies, unless you make it explicit and very clear from the very beginning that you’re merely trying to help them understand the concepts, not justifying why things in EvE are the way they are. If you make the mistake of letting them believe you’re doing the latter, you’ll end up trapped in a pointless discussion about how things are in RL and how different they’re in EvE, which is utterly irrelevant because things in EvE don’t have to be the same way they are in RL to begin with.

It doesn’t matter what “high security” means in RL at all. It’s that EvE is A GAME and high sec is merely a term used to refer to a set of game mechanics that are different from those present in low sec or null sec systems. That’s it, period. The term high sec has no implications other than the security provided by the game mechanics in those systems is higher than it is in low sec systems.

8 Likes

Yeahh, PSA for all anti-content carebears.

All arguments that appeal to how REAL internet spaceships would work are worthless. Nobody cares. We want to play a fun video game. So that’s the only argument that matters, what will make the game more fun

Absolutely no one cares about how you think future space-societies would work.

Absolutely no one.

I do however enjoy reading the ultra-contrived analogies about “what if the king of England just came up in my house and blew up my blockade runner, there’s no way the NSA would allow that…” and so on and so on.

LMAO
You guys
are playing
a video
game. :expressionless:

7 Likes

Bollocks.

But on the forum, they make people spread BS without realizing it.

Feel free to tell me whenever I am wrong, in a civil manner it could lead to a constructive discussion :slight_smile:

Concord insurance, that’s the answer.
Would be like having your personal bodyguards always behind you.
Time respond after initial aggro <1 sec.
Istakill obviously can’t do much, but pod would be safe 100% or, complete insurance would cover all of your clone implant value.

IT is a very economical matter. I pay, I want safety, even afk in hi-sec. Because I pay.

Maybe you just pay the wrong people. 10mil ISK to your local New Order Agent go a long way to get you back on the right path.

5 Likes

I think the piracy problem in High Sec is totally 100% a skill training problem. I have Paranoia trained to level V. With Paranoia only trained to low levels or not at all, you just don’t have the heightened sense of awareness that you need to recognize danger. You just can’t keep yourself safe from your own complacency without a good healthy sense of Paranoia. I think it needs to be included in the list of necessary skills to be trained. Maybe the “magic 15” ???