Self repair with drones

If a drone can repair/attack/neut/damp another ship, it should be able to do that to it’s mothership. I shouldn’t need a friend to repair me if I have remote repair drones in my drone bay.

7 Likes

100% Agree.

To achieve this I hope they make it possible to target yourself. Just imagine all the friendly fire accidents this could lead to. :wink:

1 Like

It’s too overpowered.

It’s cap free local tank and because you can instantly pull drones that are near you it is risk free too.

Working with others is deliberately more powerful.

1 Like

Passive shield is cap free local tank.

Your argument has been destroyed.

1 Like

If passive shield tank was comparable to drones repairing their own ship then he wouldn’t need drones to repair his own ship, he could just passive shield tank.

1 Like

That’s not what he said.

Could you be more specific.

This is an alright idea for me, if you wasted your drone damage bonus repairing yourself, you’d have nothing to attack back with but with fitted turrets.

1 Like

Logistic ships say hi.

If I want to waste some potential DPS by filling my drone bay with remote repair drones, shouldn’t that be an option? If I’m solo filamenting into player owned null, then my only options of repairing myself is to bring a mobile depot (or many if I want to move around) and lug around all the repair module types (bar shield if I want to wait for the recharge).

1 Like

Why?

And what if it’s a ship that doesn’t need DPS and has a bonus to repair drones, like an Oneiros?

Why is that a problem? Why should solo filamenting NOT require a mobile depot?

I’m not really convinced we need this.

But, if we get the ability to self repair with drones, we also should be able to web ourselves into warp faster with web drones. Or (accidentally) destroy our own ship with damage drones. It should be consistent.

1 Like

…then chances are, that you can find NPC null as well. They sometimes have NPC stations, where you can dock, repair, clone, make stuff, sell stuff.

And if you are not planning on staying long enough to go there, since you already filament back, then you don’t need them anyway.

it would require a re-balancing of all ships with drone bays .

many players rationalize the way things should be changed to fit their play-style , without considering the affect on many other aspects of the game .

ya all two of them … :smirk:

this is too OP why not just let your drones repair inside your drone bay?

Exactly.

This turns every 25 Mbit/s into a potential 18 HP/s on ships with drone bays, up to 90 HP/s for ships with 125 Mbit/s (mind, this is not EHP so it gets even better with resists). Or even more if the ship is bonused for logi drones.

For many ships this will be more than their passive shield regeneration, even for shield fit ships. That’s potentially a massive buff.

Is this really a problem? You’re trading dps for tank. The biggest change that should maybe happen is just allowing alpha clones to use logi drones. Only one alpha clone is allowed to be active per computer anyway, so it’s not like you’d have to worry about massive alpha clone multibox logi drone spam.

Sounds like a fun new mechanic to me.

That’d be interesting, especially knowing you’d have to leave them behind each time you did it lol