Sell orders with error

Less negativity for the seller or buyer?

10 years ago was another game. The game develops thanks to suggestions and new ideas. The reason for refusal - because it was last decade - not quite right

ā€œThis is definitely a lie now.ā€
Perhaps you misunderstood me. I didnā€™t say I didnā€™t need the money. I said that losing 700kk money is not a problem for me. I may lose many billions more on this mistake.

ā€œLess negativity for the seller or buyer?ā€
you spent 750 on materials, built a computer. Put it up for sale on eBay. But made a mistake and put the price instead of 830 - 83 . Buyer quickly bought it for 83 while looking for the same for 700 do you think-will the negative be like you as an eBay user? If he thought the buyer wanted this item for 700 and ordered you to sell. Would you rather?

I would rather the system be reliable and consistent.

If I want to sell my goods for below market value, I want the system to respect my commands and do exactly as I tell it to do. I donā€™t want the system to pick and choose something that it thinks I want.

Good. Give an example when you want to sell a product that costs 830 for 83?

Iā€™m not dumb enough to make that mistake so I donā€™t have an example for you. :slight_smile:

I have an example of a guy who wanted to sell a product for that costs 705,000,305,11 ISK for 83,999,845 ISK.

so this function is designed for fools? right? Many more such features in this game?

Yes. If you donā€™t pay attention, youā€™re going to lose.
You didnā€™t pay attention. And you lost.

This is normal, and expected.

Yeah, thereā€™s a lot, but too many to keep track of.

At this point, it seems like youā€™re really butthurt about the 700m ISK lost. You can talk tough all you want, but if it really didnā€™t matter, you wouldnā€™t be making this much of a fuss.

I hope youā€™ll take my advice and go message the buyer. Maybe heā€™ll have more sympathy for you. Since it seems like youā€™re absolutely deadset on blaming he game after all this time, Iā€™ve got nothing more to say to you than:

Welcome to EVE, the game is harsh and you should have been paying attention.

Have a nice life. :wink:

My ā€œbutthurtā€ ended in 5 minutes. About 4 months ago I lost 4.5 kkk on a similar error with buy orders. Then my ā€œbutthurtā€ was longer. ā€œbutthurtā€ passed, and the errors remain. So I created this top to help the game get rid of ā€œbutthurtsā€
Good luck!

Hey Mirager, I am wondering how you would change the behaviour? Honestly speaking I cannot imagine any other way to prevent this error besides the currently implemented error-messages and popups - but maybe thats just my non-existing creativity when it comes to UI.

In this case, I would not encourage gifts for buyers. The buyer wants to buy for 705kk - he will get it for 705kk and no gifts out of nowhere. Sales are made on the sum of the Maximum(SumBuyOrder,SumCurrentSell). Even if the seller wants to sell for 83kk - the difference 705-83= to throw in, for example, the owner of the station if itā€™s an NPC station, like Jita, Amarr etc will Not be a conflict of players and you can return the wrong difference. There is also a problem with placing the first sell order - there is no question of confirmation if the amount is more than 50% of the average amount on the system. This is also a problem that could be corrected.

From the gameā€™s benefit perspective iā€™d penalize both players. With ongoing example:
player that made a mistake of selling item at greatly undercutted price got what they have asked for (83mil)
player that put buy order gets the item at full price (705mil)

The excess ISK is removed from the game.

1 Like

There are EVE players who only do what is called station trading. It is one of the most competitive areas of the game, and indeed for some EVE players it is the only reason to play this game.

The scenario you experienced is just one aspect of this ā€œfinancial war gameā€ you can wage by playing EVE Online.

There are currently a number of warnings, if you appear to be making an error of this type, in game already. To remove the ability to make a simple error, a miscalculation, would diminish this area of the game for those who play it.

In addition, there are these type of game designs seeded throughout EVE. Iā€™ve no idea why the original game designers coded them, but they did and my suspicion/speculation is this decision was made for one reasonā€¦which, where I grew up, was referred to as ā€œseparating the wheat from the chaffā€.

EVE allows each player to make mistakes. IMO, that is one of itā€™s attractions. We as players can then either learn, and/or adapt, from those mistakes, or not. Or play another game.

To remove this aspect of the game would diminish the game itself for the player who ā€œscoredā€ in this transaction.

EVE is not just a game of internet pixel spaceship fleets fighting it out for supremacy of the space lanes. It is also a game of mental acuity. Combat in EVEā€™s financial arena, Iā€™m sure, can be as satisfying for the financial warrior as a hard fought pvp one on one duel.

1 Like

Just like other elements of the game, donā€™t pay attention->get wrekt.

FYI i once bought a T2 heat sink for 1bil by not paying attention.

If this is a feature of the game-why is it not consistent? Why players are compensated for lost ships at the beginning of the invasion. Or the game compensates for amounts that do not apply to other players. Why is there a warning sign for buy orders that the price is below the average price, but not for sell orders? Not a problem, I will try to be careful, but for someone this error will be a fatal loss of all funds, and especially if they are bought on the plex for real money. Even though it is a tough game, support is still engaged in fixing players ā€™ mistakes, and they not write that it is very hard to play, and if you do not like - play other games.

You only get to play the ā€œI didnā€™t know what was happeningā€ -card with the support only once or twice. Eventually you will have to learn from your mistakes. Eve is a game of consequences. Your actions have meaningful consequences that you have to live with.

As others have pointed out, there are earnings when you make a sell-order or a buy-order.

Good. I understand that most in this topic because the consequences of errors are reduce and punish those who made it. Itā€™s not eBay or any other service, itā€™s a harsh game. In order to educate the players a strong character. Letā€™s educate strong people who are responsible for each step )
Thanks all !

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.