Seperate servers for PVP and PVE

Just get a private server lol

2 Likes

Just play on sisi in non combat systems.

The PvP experience in Eve is unique, because some of your targets donā€™t want to participate in PvP. This mechanic causes additional ship destruction.

The main reason industry works in Eve is because thereā€™s ship destruction- in fact, thereā€™s a lot of it. A server with almost no ship destruction will have almost no industry- so why play.

Itā€™s clear that I probably wonā€™t be able to change your mind. And thatā€™s fine, I want to point out things you might not have considered- now if youā€™ve already taken account the full ramifications of a server split. And your opinion is the same- then I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Fly safe o7

I can answer thatā€¦

The challenge rewards of personal gratification go out the windowā€¦
For me I am an industrialist, and what i do largley relies on a delicate balance fro my fun.

PVEā€™rs are needed to compete for resources and LP items, that feed the PvP Market and the Combat PvPā€™rs in turn.
Without them the unique market we have will be destroyed.
Without Combat PvPrā€™s the market will also be destroyedā€¦
in fact its already unbalanced, not enough pvp is happening to offset the dunks happening in most market categories.

A PVEā€™r should want more PVP to happen to cause consumption, not less Combat PVP.

So in short, you want to keep prices at an average level you need a lot of PVP to force consumption.
to maintain that balance you need resource collectors and industrialists that are ā€œSmartlyā€ doing things to keep the prices from being too high.

If you want a game where the market is controlled by the Devā€™s (as in WoW) and not the players mostly, then go play that game.
If you want to challenge yourself, and engage your brainā€¦then stop with your garbage, and figure out how to play EvE, or move on out to somewhere else more inviting to your need for a safe place like most millenials seem to need these days cause they cant even handle RL.

1 Like

I 'm not after trying to change your mind at all, in fact I never even started out to ā€œchangeā€ anyones mind, I put out an idea that others may agree or disagree with, and maybe for CCP to see it and think about it for one way or the other, thats all, you think its a crap idea, that is really OK with me, I donā€™t really care.

2 Likes

now thereā€™s no need to get nasty, I am way farther away from being a millennial, could even be older than you, so lets not deteriorate the discussionā€¦ Iā€™m not even suggesting any changes to TQ so your market argument is invalid, TQ is not affected, EVE TQ continues as it isā€¦ also there is no garbage here that i see either

1 Like

besides the market in eve is a fallacy and doesnā€™t really exist as long are ores respawn every day, thatā€™s why CCP introduced the npc corps to remove a certain quantity of ore so, in reallity CCP are controlling the market just like as you say they do in WOWā€¦ for the market to function properly the ore is controlledā€¦

Ewwwā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not trying to pick a fight but it seems you donā€™t really understand how this game was designed and the motivations that brought and kept the other players. Thatā€™s ok, you can play however you want, but you probably shouldnā€™t declare things false coming from such a space. There are a lot of other people who play Eve in different ways than you and it very presumptuous to declare you know better then everybody else having largely played the game only as a high sec miner.

Game design aside though, there is the very real issue of splitting the population of an MMO people have just brought up are just ignoring. Eveā€™s whole schtick is it takes place in a single universe and the ability to host so many players in one universe is its primary distinguishing feature, and even without that maintaining population is a very real problem for all niche games.

CCP just isnā€™t going to do it, and if there was ever a chance it would happen it would have happened long ago. This old leopard is not going to change its spots now. As was said, the test server already exists if you want to do something without fear of PvP. I think that is as good as it will get for you.

I agree that the economy would not work properly in a PvE only environment, at least not without drastic changes in game design to make sure enough ships are being destroyed. That doesnā€™t take from the OPs idea though. Itā€™s horrible to see how a lot of thoughts in the forums are being treated as if you were talking about heliocentric in the dark age, mostly by just a few disrespectful individuals.
If you wonder what drives players from the game, me included, itā€™s not the fact i could get ganked whenever, whereever, but how certain people take features for granted, humiliating any carebear who comes up with a new idea to keep the game running.
You want the game to age well, I understand, and taking from the pvp part to motivate new players of course is a threat to this, but on the other hand you need to see the fact this game DOES age and will need new ideas and features to keep going.
Being toxic or elitist about it wonā€™t change this fact.

Also CCP give me the option to remove billboards from stations!

1 Like

OK Lets CCP call new game VeV and put it on new servers and make it PVE like OP write.
That is just plus it will add new Game in CCPs offer and wil bring new customers and revenue :+1:

1 Like

in fact the more i think about itā€¦ CCP could introduce a fatigue timer on boats, age and gate usage, the gates you jump through a bit of wear and tear on your bost happens, till one day its not fit for purpose and has to be traded in or reprocessed and replaced with a new one bought off the market made most probably by an industrialist ā€¦ so with all those npc pirate sites and anomilies and strongholds and incussionsā€¦ all that fighting and destruction bounty money for all those rogue drone pirate deaths, and resourses, going back into the systemā€¦ money buying new ships miners mining, industrialists building replacement ships because of wear and tear (time scale and amount of jumps would obviously have to be factored in just like cars in RL, after all the RL car industry doesnt rely on us crashing our carss into each other for them to maintain their industry, Iā€™ve gone through a dozn cars or more in my life and never crashed one so could possibly kind of makes PVP redundant in the long runā€¦ hmmm now thats a thoughtā€¦ may be wise for PVP just to stay out the way in the nether regions of EVE doing what they like doing best

now if that doesnt wind everyone up I dont know what willā€¦ cant wait for the miriad of excuses to flyā€¦

1 Like

class it as EVE-olution

I think what youā€™re looking for already exists, itā€™s called singularity. Itā€™s a separate server that you can join from the launcher, and it has everything you want. Apart from a couple of systems that allow pvp, all other systems have basically no players anyways so itā€™s almost pure pve. And whatā€™s great is that tranquility and singularity are separate, so apart from the 6 month mirrors (which really donā€™t make much of a difference, if you just passively train skills on tranquility and never log on then itā€™ll apply to singularity anyways) you get to have a pve server entirely to yourself

Trying the game out again after an 11 year hiatus. Been back 2 days and already lost 80% of my assets to griefer trolls twice in .4 sec zones, just trying to go pick up an upgrade. Is the game really playable in safe-zones only? Is there any way to defend yourself at all? Usually they give a ā€˜sacrifice dps or defense for a GTFO buttonā€™ but I havenā€™t figured out how to stop someone several ship classes above you from trolling. I would totally play on a carebear server until I have the nuances figured out before starting fresh in the danger zone. The learning curve for a 15 year old game is way too steep.

Or the trolls win and I let the game die.

3 Likes

A PVE version of EVE wouldnā€™t need to be an MMO - all your interactions would be with NPCā€™s so simply download and play on your personal computer.

As soon as you involve other players in the combat simulation or the economic simulation you need risk to give value to the reward. As previously mentioned, most commodities in EVE do not have a scarcity constraint so supply is constrained by piracy. Likewise, nothing wears out or goes obsolete so demand is driven by destruction - and most of that destruction needs to occur in highsec because thatā€™s where 70% of the population lives!

I understand where you are coming from as you have literally no kills.But anyway seperating the servers would just make it not even a game.Whats the point of grinding when theres nothing to spend on

We call them ā€˜piratesā€™ here in Eve.

No. And even highsec isnā€™t a ā€˜safeā€™ zone.

But as the warning box told you, entering 0.4 sec zones is quite dangerous and often can result in you being attacked or even killed. There are specific ships, fits and tactics that allow you to mitigate much of the risk, but not protecting yourself at all is a recipe for exploding. Did you ask the people you PvPed with for some tips?

Try a covert cloaking device. Or failing that, look at the Cloak-MWD trick.

But why when your progress wouldnā€™t transfer over? And how would you figure out the nuances of defending yourself if no one tried to attack you?

One big tip: donā€™t put 80% of your assets into a single ship. Or even 20%. They can explode, and often do, even in highsec. At least in the beginning they often explode - as you learn the game you will figure out how to minimize those unwanted disintegrations of your ship. Fly small and cheap, and ask for help or read up on things to help climb that learning curve.

Also, while donā€™t be scared of lowsec, heed that warning. It really is much more dangerous than highsec so you shouldnā€™t head in there on a whim or to save a few 100k of ISK on something. Honestly, there is very little you need there as a newer player, so I would say that unless you join up with a militia, or pirate group, you probably should keep to highsec for those first few months until you figure out what you want to do. Highsec and its trade hubs are stocked with all the same materials and equipment, so there is little reason to head there as a solo new player, at least in the first few weeks.

Thereā€™s no need for any excuses. None of that will ever happen, so no excuses are needed.