Shareable Bookmarks - Public Testing on Duality!

For the love of BoB, give us a system to trade them. You are just going to make this insufferable.

You just have to trust each other on trade. :grin: At least more than today.

• Maximum active personal bookmark folders = 5
  • Maximum bookmark folders created and existing = 30

OMG What a NERF, this is going to kill sharing bookmarks with such a minimal limit.
I have hundreds of folders currently with thousands of bookmarks organised into regions/types.
Now your saying I’m going to have just 30 folders i have to stuff them all into? So way less organisation?
DownVote

Folders not sub-folders. Your current folders will be sub-folders in the new system and the amount you can have is not being reduced.

So right now, a hypothetical and simplified bookmark structure for a wormhole corp who actively hunts their w-space statics and also dives into wormholes from K-space might look something like the following; a real corp would have many more:

Personal

• Trade Hubs
  • Mission Hubs
  • Locator Agents

Corporate

• Home Chain
  • Home Sigs/Anoms
  • Home Tacticals
  • Target Chain
  • Target Sigs/Anoms
  • Target Tacticals
  • K-Space Chain
  • K-Space Sigs/Anoms
  • K-Space Tacticals

All of these become relevant at specific, appropriate times, automatically. When I’m in the Home system, I only see bookmarks relevant to the home system, same for the Target system, etc. This is extremely important for our practices.

Would “Personal” and “Corporate” become the folders, and “Home Chain”, “Trade Hubs”, etc become subfolders of their respective folders? Or would “Trade Hubs”, “Home Chain” become folders that allow further subfolders?

Because for a wormhole corp especially, we would be struggling just to squeeze our existing corp efforts into the new system, much less be able to enjoy expanding what we do now by having additional shared folders with friends that aren’t corp-specific.

How would the look and work under the current proposed system?

Also the ability to right-click in space and “Save Location” to create a bookmark at your current location without bringing up People and Places and clicking the button would be heavenly.

Edit:

If “Active” meant that you always see this folder of bookmarks and the “Inactive” folders stay location-dependent as they are now, that would be phenominal.

So, from my earlier example, I could select my personal “Trade Hubs” folder and the formerly-corp “Home Chain” folder to be active, so they always show up in a right-click menu (or the “celestial” menu? the thing in the top left) no matter what system I’m in. This way, I could always navigate to a trade hub or back home without searching P&P.

Then when I actually get into the Home system, the inactive folder “Home Tacticals” and “Home Sigs/Anoms” would appeaer in the right-click menu as well.

Or am I completely misunderstanding everything I’ve read and this is actually how it’s going to be implemented?

Nobody with any sense would have this many folders. If you have a single wormhole bookmark folder, you’ll see home chain bookmarks when you’re navigating the home chain, and target chain bookmarks when you’re in the target chain.

Use a mapper for more abstraction. Keep in-game stuff simple.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/dcr7rp/ccp_the_art_of_making_one_step_forward_and_two/

@CCP_Lebowski You should put some thought into this. The new way you described is absolutely not viable for anything. It’s remove from reality.

This is also absolutely not viable. I have a folder with well over 3000 bookmarks and this folder is growing every day. Speaking of which: Can I hope to burn the server on patch day with my 10k bookmark folder or will the server just delete them or will it put them in the main folder?

How is this even on the table? I have 20 folders in my personal bookmarks to be able to manage bookmarks that I regularly access via right click menu. Why the hell is there now a limit on what I can see ingame when there was none in the past? What good reason is there for this arbitrary and non-sensical limitation?

Why are are actively and deliberately making mechanics worse with new updates just so that they can possibly work with your new systems that you program? This is not now good programming and developing works… I am not going to delete any of my bookmarks and not being allowed to add new bookmarks in a game that relies on bookmarks to a ridiculously heavy extend is absolutely unacceptable.

When you’re finshed with your operation, you go through and wipe the Target folders. Done in a few seconds and you’re guaranteed not to affect anything except your previous operation.

Or you pick and choose and try to remember what went to what. Sure you could do that. Heck, why do we even need folders? We can just stick everything in one folder.

You’re going to set wormhole bookmarks to expire now anyway after 24-48 hours, so it’s sort of a moot point.

RIP selling DED escalations bookmarks to escalation runners for ISK through contracts :joy:, less market overflow and higher sell value for drops who knows… Age of Chaos

Nevertheless major functionality shortage from CCP in the replacement technolgy / approach. Team Five O clearly do not care

Would be nice if all wormhole signatures had a set expiry time. that was the same. Hint: they don’t.

And if you’re a busy corp, you’re bumping into the 500 limit often. So you can’t wait around for the 2 weeks for some of those bookmarks to expire.

Bookmarks per folder (not sub-folder) is 3000. You can have up to 30 folders if you wanted (90,000) with a limit of 5 folders (15,000 bookmarks) active at any time

These folders will now be subfolders, and the amount you can have is not changing.

For anyone with a lot of bookmarks and/or vouchers I’d strongly advise that you log into Duality to see whats become of them after the transition

It is unclear what this is supposed to mean. Are these folders not counting bookmarks in sub folders and I can have unlimited bookmarks in sub-folders?

But that is not what I need. For instance: I have a null sec system that I regularly visit with 5 gate. I have hostile pings on these gates bookmarked in separate folders to be able to use right click properly. In the same system, I also have personal save spots in another folder and another folder for structure pings and other lookouts. I would exceed your limitations just in that system alone. And then I would have to turn folders on and off if I go else where where I need to see different bookmarks.

This system is not viable or sustainable at all.

1 Like

Well it’s a good thing N0MEX isn’t a busy corporation! Kidding, lol.

Seriously though you’re making things a lot more difficult than it should be, which in turn makes it more difficult for you to manage. It’s not CCP’s job to make your complicated setup easier. I’d rather have restrictions than have my client run like trash (this is more for @Zhalyd_Lyehin) because it’s subscribing to an insane amount of folders.

PS: check out subfolders

Sorry I posted before finishing my reply, edited above now :slight_smile:

We’ve had a bit of a setback, sure :slight_smile:

But we organize things together that have similar meaning. We do it in life, we do it in game. While I would personally restructure some of our actual bookmark folders, the idea would remain the same. Grouping things together means managing them in a group, instead of the Google method of organizing mail (a pure fustercluck).

And yeah, I’d love to see clarification on what we have gets turned into while I’m sitting here away from my computer wondering just how this is going to affect us.

My client is not running like trash now. I do not see why it should run like trash afterwards. Changes in mechanics should improve things, not make them worse and require people to delete things that are still valid.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure we’re at crossed wires here, you may need some organizational changes but the total amount of bookmarks you can have active is going up (13k - 15k) and the total max you could have is increasing to 90k. Please take a look at the system on Duality (as we’ve converted all your bookmarks there) and tell us how it looks

I’d strongly suggest going and taking a look at your corp folders and bookmarks on Duality, we’ve converted them all now so you can see how it will work

Not all wormholes have the same lifespan.

I have and it looks more or less the same. With the exception that I cannot add bookmarks to my personal bookmarks. My personal bookmarks folder is marked as active but when I press CTRL B, the system only allows me to add bookmarks to the corporation bookmarks. When I mark that corporation folder as inactive, the game tells me

No valid bookmark folder could be found for adding a new bookmark. A folder is only 
valid, if it is active, you have at least "use" access, and it has not reached 
its capacity. 
Do you want to create a new folder now?

So… I do not know where you get this idea from that I can have more bookmarks.