Ship Bumping

Bumping is one of the methods commonly used to deter so called “ore thieves”.

Corporations who go to the trouble of anchoring a structure so they can mine moon ore, in highsec, should have at least one method of defending their efforts in game that does not involve Concord.

Moon ore, mined by an athanor or tatara in highsec, cannot be “claimed” in the same manner as in nullsec; and, often times, other players not associated with the corporation who owns the structure(s) mine the moon ore. Some of the non-affiliated players cannot be war decced, as current game mechanics operate. That leaves either ganking or bumping to defend moon ore. Ganking, due to it’s ingame consequences, leaves bumping as the go to method of deterring thieves.

Your proposal would leave no means of defending an asteroid belt pulled by a corporation who put time, isk, and risk (the risk of being war decced due to structure ownership) into the effort.

I would oppose such a change, as I believe bumping serves active miners who are unafraid to anchor a structure and risk a war dec.

This is a bad idea, and would have consequences you have not addressed with your proposal.

why target an alliance or corp when it’s 1 individual who’s making a stand? if anything put it on me. No one but me made the voice.

Did you not just do that with an alpha alt corp?

I’d have to agree. I generally have a cloaked bumping ship following my mining fleet around with the job of bumping the orca away from the gankers if they come for it. It works well :smiley:

Because it’s not your stand that’s the problem here. It’s the fact that your alliance hoards newbies to use them for ridiculous lobbying purposes instead of helping them to learn to play the game properly…

Because anyone doing something to encourage those newbies to join a better corp that properly teaches them what the game is about and how to play it, as opposed to encourage them to whine on the forums asking for ridiculous changes so they don’t have to, is doing them a favour…

2 Likes

https://imgur.com/AwlzLHu

Easy booshing strikes again!
https://imgur.com/MgOVGR8

WON’T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?! *sob

4 Likes

Personally i would blame Naarian and all his alts… im even considering the fact that Silent Compnay most likely needs to die in a dumpster fire.

3 Likes

Ah the good old “newbro” Orca doctrine.

It’s not the first time this is suggested. I must say I’m an absolute fan of the idea. Nothing can go wrong. CCP should implement it right away. I think it has the potential to fix highsec.

2 Likes

Good! Let the hate flow trough you young ag! (You are closer to the cookies than ever!)

1 Like

Use a Proc or a Skiff fitted with an MWD, orbit the rock. When the bumpers arrive watch them on overview and when they are close pulse the MWD. Then laugh at them lots.

Have you tried purchasing a mining permit?

1 Like

Bumping into another ship with AB or MWD lit or lit in last 10 secs gives suspect flag, no more risk free PvP for bump attackers.
Active in high sec public areas only
within 100km of stargate / station / belt / anomaly
Not active in missions or dead space of any kind

1 Like

Still a fan. Should be implemented right away. That will show them risk free PvPers!!

3 Likes

Another fabulous idea that would fix highsec. CCP are you listening?

4 Likes

I try, I really really try, to think of what is best for the game but the chain reaction explosion event outside Jita 4.4 might make it all worthwhile :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face: :rofl:

EDIT: and then, like WBB, the looters would start getting guard whacked, OMG popcorn!

:shushing_face: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: what are you talking about? This will just hurt the “bad guys”. When in doubt they will mix in some military grade AI magic™ and maybe a blockchain or two!!! That solves everything!!

Sounds completely bulletproof to me. CCP, we need this now!

1 Like

Assuming you are not planning on changing the speed system that means full speed for the ship, which is what everything is going when it undocks.

Find the locked bumping thread, find this idea, read the responses, save us all a ton of typing.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.