[Ship Design] Precursor Drifter Shipline and Modules

Uriel, how is the proposal coming?

2 Likes

@CCP_Falcon

1 Like

Now thatā€™s interesting !

But please, @Uriel_Paradisi_Anteovnuecci : how did you managed to get those icons for your parts ?

The Hyperwarp Diffuser is beautiful !

3 Likes

CCP. ADD. THIS. LORD. KNOWS. WE. LIKE. THIS.

3 Likes

Bump!

Thanks! I just overlayed the DD icon on the Drifter Gate Sequence icon & colored it fittingly, it worked out pretty well :wink:

56_64_2 + 99_64_10 = Aegis2 orAegis

7 Likes

Thatā€™s great !

if u are still on about having a ship with 50% bonus per lvl to prop module speed, u are ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  crazy and everything you write on the forums should be taken with a huge grain of salt, and u should be disregarded as borderline ā€œnot fitā€ for balance and idea sharing. :stuck_out_tongue: [In my opinion]

Thereā€™s a big difference between ā€œ250% bonus to prop speedā€ and "250% bonus to overheat effects for prop mods" :man_shrugging: MWDs (the only prop mod receiving the bonus) get a 50% bonus to their increase when overloading, meaning a max skilled Argo with a tech II 500mn MWD would have a max velocity of 2,369.7m/sec - but ONLY when overloading, which the hull has no bonus to reduce the severity of.

Additionally, the speed itself (for each respective vessel) would also hinder weapon accuracy. The idea is for them to be able to dictate engagement range well, but not be able to maintain that rate of speed for any reasonable time. (Again though, some speeds might be funny to have, even for only a couple of heated cycles - always worth looking at)

2 Likes

Come ccp lets make them happen >.>

3 Likes

Let me bump this because the concept art is very cool. And with the new triglavian logi, we may have offset the balance between shield and armor a little.

3 Likes

Bump come ccp >.>

Donā€™t forget itā€™s Christmas Day today, they may not be working at all today.

2 Likes

Why hasnā€™t CCP commented on this yet?

At least they could remove the 3 month lock timer, this is one of the few threads that actually deserves it.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s not an issue; all we need to do is bump it occasionally.

Bump cuz ccp not looking

The problem with new ships is unless they have new previously undiscovered role, they need to be numerically balanced within the role/class they will fill, in plain words that means not any more powerful than existing ships. No matter how unusual or interesting.

Given that reality it is mostly new art when a new ship is introduced. Anything more becomes an immediate balance problem.

Regarding the Hyperwarp Diffuser, if ECM canā€™t break a lock on the ship it is targeting I canā€™t see how having a ship break nearby locks, possibly logi, and then use a ā€œsuperweaponā€ can be balanced within any subcap role.

So even though you put a lot of work into this and it is very well done I am giving you a -1.

IMHO before they give us more new ships they need to expand space and roles. True player controlled space with gates and all would require all kinds of new roles. Right now we are ā€œcapped outā€ in New Eden.

1 Like

I agree with your notes there, but I also wanna add a couple of notes - the lockbreak only applies to locks on or by the ship fitted with the HD, for one - meaning no other locks (or logi) between other ships would be affected. Adding to that, any ship fitted with the HD would also be completely unable to grant or receive any remote assistance itself - fitting one would mean relegating your ship to an on-your-own role, unable to be repped or assisted in any way while having the module fitted.

Another note, the tracking speed for the HD is also meant to counteract abuse - the BS one, for example, has had its tracking score brought to around that of a skilled large tachyon beam laser, and its tracking cannot be increased through the use of TCs, skills, etc.

Iā€™ve recently been going through and looking at these ships/modules again, as Iā€™m working on a couple other shiplines Iā€™ll be finishing up in the near future and want to apply things Iā€™ve figured out/improved at when it comes to balance stuff - I do wanna admit though, balancing something like the HD is a major challenge and I definitely feel what youā€™re voicing here.

2 Likes

such great and innovative ideas how oh how did i miss this one before :wink:
majestic birds you got here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
when give?:money_mouth_face:

1 Like