[Ship Design] Precursor Drifter Shipline and Modules

(Mina Sebiestar) #101

Hardly
Triglav ships for example are armor ONLY rr DPS boats Nestor as well there is exactly 0 of those on shield side

Just one example how you can introduce whole another set of ships beside Drifter ones proposed in this thread.

(Salt Foambreaker) #102

Minor variations are not what I was referring to.

(Azar Azorious) #103

to balance it out, they could make the ships ridiculously expensive

(Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci) #104

Edit - 14.01.2019 - Adjusted hull bonuses

Example: Charyb
Before:

Precursor Frigate bonuses per skill level:
50% bonus to Light Warp Lance and Microwarpdrive overload bonus
50% bonus to damaged module repair amount per second

Role Bonuses:
Can fit Light Warp Lance and Light Hyperwarp Diffuser
Can repair heat damage to modules that have taken 100% damage

After:

Precursor Frigate bonuses per skill level:
50% bonus to Light Warp Lance overload bonus
50% bonus to 5mn Microwarpdrive overload bonus

Role Bonuses:
Can fit Light Warp Lance and Light Hyperwarp Diffuser
50% bonus to damaged module repair amount per second

Bonuses to microwarpdrive overload effects have been focused down to only affect the proper size for each ship, and the ability to repair burned-out modules has been removed - careful heat management makes for a more skill-intensive piloting experience for those who want to fully utilize Drifter ships.

(Dior Ambraelle) #105

Here is my idea: make some wormholes rarely connect back to Jove space, giving explorers something to actually explore. While we’re there, players could either repair the Jove gates or rather salvage them and replace them with the Upwell jump gates - this will keep the location and connection of the original gates. This way players could slowly rebuild the sector, while also fighting over it.

(Azar Zadius) #106

But ‘jove’ space is the testing grounds that CCP uses to try out new ideas and features live, so we would wind up with weird interactions with new content not yet ready to be released.

Edit: If they say evacuated 1 or 2 of the regions and opened them up for players to explore, that would be a different story. Currently though, it would be a disaster

(Shade Dealer) #107

Really clean design description would be cool.

(Dior Ambraelle) #108

How much room does CCP need to live test stuff? A few constellations wouldn’t be enough? The rest could be opened to be explored and repopulated.

(Azar Zadius) #109

I agree with the fact that CCP is using a lot of room, I’m just saying that turning it from a testing grounds to a player area would probably take a lot of time and effort on CCP’s part.