Shooting new players is a good thing! YES or NO?

Ive never ganked in High Sec, and am terrible at it anywhere else, so you need to recalculate.

It’s Dryson, his entire posting history can be summed up in one picture; and we all know a picture can say a thousand words.

4 Likes

It can bring 3 light drones and two high-slot weapons, but being a T1 exploration frigate is it going to die to any other frigate.

Well especially an Astero, so back to “Why didn’t he just run away?”

1 Like

I didn’t run cause I assumed he wouldn’t have the time to go home get his ship with guns which btw he threatened me with telling me how lucky I am that he didn’t have his other fit I assume that’s his killing ship. So I continued with the site not realizing he can play who wants to be an asshole and call a friend. I also locked onto him to scare him away since I already had two guys on different occasions come( today) into the site I found first and just happily proceed to empty out my site since they have better and faster skills so that’s why I wasn’t in the mood for another bully pushing his way in. It doesn’t matter like I said before hundred stories as to what I did wrong if this is how new players gets treated and 70% of the vote is happy to kill “us” new players off then enjoy your game further plenty other games out there.

An Astero can melt you without guns, friend.

Even if he was friendly, you should always run away in situations where you have no fighting power and there’s no back up.

Discretion is the better part of valour, after all.

I assumed

Found your problem.

I also locked onto him to scare him away

This won’t achieve anything on someone looking for a fight. They’ll take it as an invitation to engage.

70% of the vote is happy to kill “us” new players off

Kill you off? No. Filter the strong from the weak, and find good new players with good attitudes to recruit? Yes.

You can learn from this experience, or quit. That depends on the mettle of your character.

2 Likes

Most of the infamous Eve learning curve consists of other players cutting the rope or blowing the cliff out from under you; this is by design.

It’s up to you how you deal with feeling wronged.

Some shrug it off, some get revenge, some get good, some get mad, some quit.

Which are you?

2 Likes

Gank them all!

1 Like

I really am curious how a ship without guns can melt someone please explain the logic?

I would like to say that is a bad thing. I mean currently we need new player, guess what if we make them pissed off early :slight_smile:. Yes a shitpost, and that’s why we need to guide them to the right path guys lol

Just a little advice.

EVE is a competitive sandbox game. Crying about other people outperforming you by stealing the site or killing your ship will not help you in any way, it will just make you bitter and quit in the end.

It is your job and your job alone to protect yourself and to claim the stuff you think is yours. Don’t blame the game or other players but try to learn when something like this happens. If you are unsure on how you should go about it, ask someone here on the forums (without blaming the game or other players), we will gladly try to help you.

Because in the end, no amount of complaining will improve anything for you. CCP will not change the game because you think you should be safe exploring in w-space as a new player. The only thing that will change something for the better and allows you to grow and become better at EVE is when you accept your responsibility and learn from your errors.

5 Likes

Here’s a question what did you do to become one of the bigger fish?

At a rough guess, they shot first…

I’m fine with shooting Newbs as long as you are not a total ass about it and offer advise after the fact.

When I started a guy that helped me in the new player channel asked me to help him move some items from a can in space then shot me when i went blinky. Not really a great experience within the first 30 minutes of the game. All in the starter system outside of the starter station.

Now that’s the sort of lame response every newbie gets in rookie chat. What’s the problem with telling a short story of how you got from A to B etc don’t worry you can leave out your own crying stories of how you too died a bazzilion times just as you aren’t interested in hearing mine I’m not interested in hearing yours. Just the bare facts did you shoot up enough skill injectors to put a race horse to shame? Did you leave the game for a few months stacking your skills to the max so when you come back you can also sneer at noobs crying? Cause that’s the advice you’ll never give any noobs besides the first one cause it will not just make ccp rich it will make whoever manufacturers skill injectors rich too be honest.

That is a good question. When I started I ran missions at first, but it got boring fast. Then we got wardeced and that was quite exciting but not much happened, so I joined FW. Just the NPC militia corp. They always had some roaming fleets, so I joined up there with t1 frigates which are cheap. I died a lot but I got on some nice kills, it was fun and I learned a lot during that time. It’s also possible to roam around and do the plexes in FW, they are limited to certain ship classe and give you a nice income.

SP injectors did not exist back then. If you start with frigates you don’t need a lot of SP and you fill a vital role of tackler or scout in a fleet. You will also figure out pretty fast what skills are actually useful as you iterate over your fittings to improve them.

In conclusion:

• you don’t need a lot of ISK to start
  • you don’t need a lot of SP
  • start by using cheap expendable ships you are comfortable losing
3 Likes

The Procurer has no guns, and yet is somehow responsible for over eighty thousand kills.

2 Likes

On my main, I have on many occasions defeated opponents with far more SP than me. One particular occasion comes to mind, where I fought a T2 autocannon-fit Gnosis with a Tengu as backup in my meta-4 fit blaster Gnosis, because I didn’t even have the skills for T2 guns. Despite that, I tanked them both, and killed the Gnosis just before lighting a cyno to drop a carrier on the Tengu. The Tengu killed me shortly after the Carrier (and some fresh tackle) arrived, and killed the Tengu, but the point remains I fought 2v1 against two players with more SP than me, much more, and killed one of them.

They were Hydra Reloaded players too, so not PVP scrubs.

Don’t sit there and try to tell veterans of this game that skill points mean anything more than they do. They account for maybe 5-15% of any given engagement, with the rest of the engagement being 85-95% player skill. Player skill is not something you inject and wait to develop, it’s something that you have to train, and training involves losing stuff. Lots of stuff. You have to start somewhere, or you can quit. Choice is yours.

You can report that player. That behaviour is not allowed in starter/new player systems, and scamming/baiting is not allowed in new player chat channels.