Shooting new players is a good thing! YES or NO?

Because when you start as a new player you start in Null or Losec or wormholes? Ever?

sure guy

2 Likes

Are you suggesting that you’re only new the first time you log on? Or perhaps a new player can stray from their starter system and still be new? Maybe that’s a possibility.

Yes, new players exist outside of high sec. I just killed one in low. Deal with it.

What a new player strayed into low which exists right beside Hisec? Never.

2 Likes

Aaand flagged the usual jerks who lack any and all self control.

2 Likes

Ironic coming from a Code flunky, James315 has a gud laugh at everyone that buys his licences and New Order BS story.

Remiel, you are the last to get the joke but one of the 1st to cast stones.

pull ya head in

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Do you have an actual contention with any of my points, or are you just here to make stuff up too, this time about me?

1 Like

Oh come on, you know they go further than that. Stop being so disingenuous.

:grinning:

1 Like

My experience:

I had only been playing for about a month, and had done ZERO research on the game, (all I knew is that it was free) when I was mining, and all of a sudden, BAM! “315 sucka!!”:boom:

I was kinda mad at first, but I was AFK at the time making chocolate chip cookies, and seriously, how can you be mad with a mouth full of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies? :cookie:
So I dragged my sorry butt back to base and sat there for a few min. I was getting ready to buy a new Venture, when I decided to take a look at the Merlin that I had left over from training. “Well lets see what I can do with this.”
And from there, I started looking at all the other frigates and their roles. Ive since taken up exploring, with a side of agent missions, and have been pretty happy in the 4 months total that I have been playing. Iv’e been exploded a couple of times since, but each time I learn something new.

I cant speak for others, but yes, I think had I not been bonked on the head, I probably wouldn’t have been motivated to go experiment with other things to do in the game.

But on the negative side… no more cookies while EvEing :frowning:

17 Likes

Prepare enough beforehand, silly. : - )

1 Like

Keep it clean and civil, or people are going to lose the ability to post.

7 Likes

You’ve got the right attitude. When I was new, the Navitas was the go-to Gallente mining frigate, and I found myself in Seylin, a low sec system, mining something that I’d never mined before. I actually made a few trips in and out, unchallenged, until on my fourth, I saw the coolest ship name ever - Jaguar - shortly before everything exploded and I was respawning in station. It was the moment that made me realise, I wanted to learn to do that too.

Now I live in low sec and have a garage full of blapzors on demand. I’m not on very often and when I am, I’m actually usually just ratting, running DEDs, or anoms. It’s when people come into lowsec and challenge my claims that I now have the ability to go after them, or defend myself. Killing the odd newbie here and there gives them an opportunity to engage with me and get help, learn from their loss.

Hit me up in-game if you ever wanna learn to blap, you seem like you have a healthy attitude, and that’s the kind of people we need in EVE.

5 Likes

Three more paragraphs from Remiel Pollard, just what this thread needed!

Pages and pages in every thread!

Way to contribute!

1 Like

The best teaching starts early on. And as humans learn only through repetition or pain, the approach is obvious. Repetition of pain.

1 Like

Here’s why, there is plenty of players to shoot at, if a new player engages in PVP then all bets are off, as it is now we have:

1. Duels.

2. War deccs.

3. open PVP in 3/4 of the eve box, meaning high sec you can still engage openly but there is a price, the other 3 areas there is no real price of consequence.

4. Ganking.

5. Mercs.

6. Bounty Hunter.

And more then I can post without gasing on, to want to shoot noobs is just not normal when there is plenty of fish to choose from.

1 Like

Why thank you. It’s nice to have some recognition, even if it is from a high-sec peon.

This is exactly the attitude one would expect, any recognition is seen as a validation of an existence seemingly devoid of substance, add insult to the mix to get more from their targets of attack, sad.

1 Like

What on earth are you talking about?

Losing ships is good for new players. You learn more about the game and PVP from losing a ship than you will from a hundred kills. And the new player I was responding to above seems to agree with me, so this whole ‘won’t someone think of the newbies’ routine just won’t fly, mate.

1 Like

Through out history pain has been used by society to bring those in line for those with power over people they look at as tools for their amusement or pleasure, since it is a way to force one’s will upon others it goes without saying that it will be abused by those who have that power and the only thing that stops it is knowing that most people don’t need to be beaten like a beast of burden to learn, many have gone before you in this game that learned to play well…pain as in working out or challenging one’s self is voluntary, being forced is not.

1 Like

This is a video game, dude. Not the battle of Stalingrad.

3 Likes