Shooting new players is a good thing! YES or NO?

Shoot em and recruit em is my motto. It does work sometimes to.

3 Likes

I don’t see why we should deceive new players into believing that this is a different game than it actually is. Just shoot them like you would anyone else. Makes it easier for them to decide early on if this is the game they want to play.

1 Like

No.

Shooting should be based on in-game aspects and not be based on external aspects, if at all. It then shouldn’t matter when someone is new or old, male or female, black or white, etc… I shoot when the situation requires it and when I want to. I have no method, no credo, no ethic and no code. I do as I please.

2 Likes

I opted Yes.
The sooner they learn loss can be around anywhere the sooner they either decide to toughen up and learn to adapt or GTFO and not come around crying the game is unfair

1 Like

I smell Zipf’s Law.

2 Likes

In general I would shoot first, then explain in an evemail or convo what happened and how they can avoid being shot next time. If they don’t get too salty about it, I’ll reimburse their loss most likely too.

1 Like

i shoot at anything that moves in low sec, because it’s low sec. As far as I’m concerned, when you tick the ‘proceed’ button on the message that pops up the first time you jump into low sec space, you’re not even a newb anymore. At the very least, you’ve acknowledged the risks of making that jump.

If players message me after losing with a friendly attitude, I’m always happy to have a chat. Salty tears are usually met with a swift meme and a block. I don’t care how many days old the toon is, it’s not my problem.

3 Likes

(/sarcasm warning)

Shooting new players is like spearing baby dolphins.

I luv dolphin steaks n them dumb dolphins got to respect ma authoritah.

Couple of generations of dolphins n them ignorant fish’l learn to be less trustin, f-ing igits, like sonars special or sumthin.

Nunthin like spearin baby dolphins ta makes me feel king of ma domain. Spearin’s so important to ma selfesteem, i’m top dog their jus fish.

:fu::point_right::ok_hand::dolphin::fish::hamburger::jack_o_lantern::biohazard::radioactive::white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Shoot then recruit!

Well… only recruit if they take getting shot well…

2 Likes

So far, one post hidden and sent back to Author.

Surprisingly this is rather tidy and on topic, sans one particular post.

10 Likes

seems some peeps put fish above man

1 Like

Yeah. I mean… the only way to learn from your mistakes is to make them.

4 Likes

Absolutely this. If it wasn’t for getting my first mining Navitas ganked in lowsec when I was a newbro, I might never have started learning how to PVP back.

1 Like

Ive spent millions on new players after shooting them. Except for one with a lable of Renamed Gallente Character(lots of numbers) who thought an Incursus with lazers would beat my Daredevil. Then a Daredevil with arty would beat my Daredevil. Talking shite the whole time. Im glad he uninstalled quietly.

2 Likes

Only CCP would know they have done at least one study on it.

No CCP comments on this subject.

I see you never shot a new player.

Hunting new players says more about the hunter than the new player.

Elite pvp right?

4 Likes

Not really. If someone hunts everything that moves, then that includes ‘new players’, which could actually just be new toons used by veteran players for various purposes like scouting or baiting. There’s no way to really know that the toon you’re chasing is new or not, short of asking them, and letting them know you’re there kinda defeats the purpose of hunting.

Null corps complain Hisec is too carebear and should be changed.
Null corps spend loads of time in Hisec looking for pvp instead of Nullsec which is “better”.

Irony?

3 Likes

You’re making claims that you haven’t presented any evidence for, and have absolutely nothing to do with the topic. You talk like high sec is the only place new players exist. I recommend you broaden your own horizons first, and learn what actually happens in the game, rather than just making ■■■■ up. People might actually start taking you more seriously if you know what you’re talking about.

1 Like