Shooting player’s spaceships in EvE is not toxic behavior

Click the … symbol at the bottom of post to place a Forum bookmark. Or create an EVE Forum Posts folder in your browser and bookmark there. Searching for it later can be a pain.

Now I understand the misunderstanding between us Lucas.
You aren’t talking about EvE when you make these crazy statements.
What game are you talking about?

Gra jest najlepszą opcją. Są różne, jeśli ci się to nie podoba.

Lol poor little guy, you know your statements are directly contradicted by the interview with CCP that Destiny Corrupted posted. You are not fooling or confusing anyone who is actually reading this thread with your fud. As for your weak ad hom, well its just weak man.

I am embarrassed for you again Lucas.
Really if there is direct evidence of a thing, just saying

is not a strong counter argument without at least some counter evidence to back it up.

It is embarrassing.

2 Likes

Yet another moment when i honestly can’t tell if he really believes it or if he’s like ~some master-level propagandist with nefarious 5-D chess, mostly carebearish purposes~.

Shrug.

4 Likes

The full quote from that sentence though makes it clear:

Starting solar systems will be protected by police, but the majority of the systems will be open for combat between players.

Even then, when I first played in 2004 I was ganked in my starter system. PVP wasn’t prevented anywhere, but I guess by “open pvp” you are referring to systems that didn’t have a CONCORD response?

1 Like

Yeah that’s fair enough. Highsec certainly has strict rules around what is legal and what the consequences for engaging in pvp illegally are. So it isn’t “open for pvp”.

PVP is possible, but not open in the same way that nullsec or wormholes are; and they are the majority of systems.

1 Like

O.o

Personal attacks and name calling. This post should be flagged.

1 Like

Except that people have been free to shoot each other in High Sec since the beginning of the game. Only shooting newbs in newbie zones have been considered a banable offense. The quotes make it clear that EvE is a PvP based game.

But you can keep trying to put your spin on things.

Oh look. More personal insults :smiley:

Right? And CONCORD does protect high sec. The gankers always die :smiley:

ROFL. You keep trying this tactic eh? The devs were UO players bruv. It means luring someone to a graveyard with the promise of helping him bash some skeles and then murdering him and taking his stuff :smiley:

Double oof. Someone is very emotional :smiley:

Wut. Heh. Do you even read what you post or?

Erm. My guy. The devs played UO :smiley:

Also, EVE promoted itself as fully allowing scams or do you not remember the IPO scams of the past? Sometimes I doubt you even played back then ROFL.

Yennoe, you realize most of the ganking done today is for profit? With some lulz thrown in?

I mean, Aiko cleared over a bil in an hour’s time. That pays for a lot of lulz ganking when you’re just buying catas.

I seen Cliff clear crazy numbers in only a few hours time too.

Hawk makes money hand over fist, esp when he gets purple mods.

2 Likes
  • The economy is no longer (if it ever was) “player-driven”.

• IGNPC clearly stated that HS was to be protected by the Police. The “majority” that they’re referring to is LS and Null.

Nice try though.

Translated its a grossly bigoted slur typically thrown at the lesser abled. Which has somehow passed inspection by the moderators because I couldn’t flag it as breaking forum rules despite it being blatant bigotry.

Not quoting anyone specific, but judging my post from this toon is funny. Like that is really an indicator of game experience. I’m from the 2006 cohort, (pre warp to 0, boy that brought rage tears) But if you want to be judgy, 'cause I’m using a young alt, that’s a, - you- problem. I am certainly not saying “you have have only been in denial since what 2012? sit down your elders are talking.”

But sure made a lot noise on the forums.

“The Special Bus” or, in the United States, “The Short Bus” refers to the smaller busses that people with disabilities often board. The implication being that anyone seen riding such a bus must also have a disability.

I know you’re not a native English speaker, but I still can not tell if you know the meaning and are questioning the use of that meaning or if you are unfamiliar with the term and wanted to know what it meant and where it came from. My apologies if it turns out my post is an unhelpful waste of time for you to read.

1 Like

I’m a new person (3 days in). That said, I’ve had friends in the game at various points dating all the way back to launch. I know more about New Eden’ history than a typical new arrival. I did research beyond the headlines and the big news articles about the Jita riots back in 2011. I was a DUST 514 player, which was a very tenuous connection to the reality of EVE, but it had its positive moments.

I’ve so far been progressing very slowly as a casual player, not taking myself too seriously, and not rushing through the introductory content. I’ve completed 2 of the 5 career agent mission sequences, and plan to try out the SoE story arc once I’m done with the rest. Most of my playtime (but not quite all of it) has been not just in hisec space, but specifically in the introductory systems where griefing is more restricted. I’ve seen a handful of NPC pirates raiding asteroid fields and getting shot up by a few players who showed up with basic guns or drones to fend them off. I’ve seen one player try attacking another and get shut down by CONCORD, because the lowest sec rating I’ve been to was 0.6 and that’s not survivable if you pick fights without making it a formal duel. On which note, I’ve seen one of those happen, and it went predictably. The guy in his first actual T1 frigate with T1 guns and mods beat the human training dummy who accepted his challenge in a free corvette.

I know that even where I am, there’s a risk of being shot and killed by other players - probably other people as new as I am, or close to it but built for combat, where most of my skills have gone toward becoming part of the game’s industry. I know that when I move to other parts of hisec space, I’ll be at more risk of being blown up. And I’m prepared for that, with plans to become more prepared for it as time goes on. I have several spare hulls in my hangar, and enough equipment to recreate almost my full current ship loadout three times over (I’d have to buy two more copies of one module, and I have about 5000x the ISK it will cost to do so, just haven’t bothered to yet). After those run out, I have several more expensive loadouts which will let me mine more efficiently, when I’m at a point where it feels worthwhile to upgrade to them. I don’t merely expect to die, I have contingency plans in place for when I do. And I have plans in place to reduce my risk of death once I’ve died the first couple of times.

Is attacking me, an inexperienced hisec miner, griefing? No. Are the hisec “PvPers” breaking the in-game laws? Yes, and they’re punshed for it in accordance with those same laws. No real-world laws are being broken, and nor are the game’s terms of use, which is where you’re crossing lines which can get you banned. And something people aren’t mentioning here is insurance penalties. A new player with an uninsured ship gets a significant portion of their ship’s replacement cost refunded. The person who killed them, in hisec, dies to CONCORD, and isn’t eligible for insurance. They can - and probably will - still make a profit if they handle the process in a manner that even vaguely resembles a proper approach to the attacking and killing of a player, but they’re going into the encounter with full knowledge that the ship they’re flying is being written off more completely than the one they’re killing with it.

Is killing my cheap Venture going to be fun? If your answer is “yes” then go for it, if you succeed, that’s on me for not keeping myself safe enough. But as mentioned, I have a spare, and I’ve made more than enough profit to buy 100 more if I want. If I die back to back 100 times without getting to make any further profit… I’ll probably still have a couple of dozen more ships’ worth of insurance payouts, so I can probably keep doing this longer than the person trying to make me cry.

I’ve had a fair bit of good luck in the game so far, and I’m in a position where I can afford to die, which is where most people want to be in EVE. I have plans for the future, and I think they’re going to be very achievable. Maybe not very profitable, but that’s not the point. I want to enjoy my time in the game world, and I want to help others to do the same. If that means seeing my ships explode to a random gank that makes the other guy laugh, cool! If it means fighting back and killing them when they try, that’s also a fun moment. Maybe one day, I’ll be running a combat-ready ship and happen to be in the right spot to see a gank in progress, and maybe I’ll decide it’s worth risking my ship to kill the looter. And maybe - just maybe - I’ll be able to find the new player who lost their ship, and give them the remains of the ganker’s looting ship to help them get back on their feet… probably not, but it’s not impossible.

For now though, I’ll just be learning the ropes, and probably dying a lot when I step beyond the beginner systems and into the “real” world.

Welcome to New Eden. o7

10 Likes

Welcome, Omnis. Hope you enjoy your time in game!

3 Likes

Lucas…when you can see Sydney Opera House approaching at the end of the hole you are digging yourself into, don’t you think it’s time to stop digging ?

2 Likes

I’m both a miner and a ganker. Never been ganked in a Venture in a year of playing Eve…the align time is good and any alert player should be able to escape, especially if they have gankers on ‘bad standing’ and notice them enter the system. In fact I have had two kill rights against failed ganks by rookie gankers.

As a ganker I would gank a Venture if it was a non corp player mining in belts that the corp usually mines. Though in fact a few regular patrols in a Catalyst usually persuades them to mine somewhere else.

Nothing gets one better used to one’s ships exploding than being a ganker. Its a great way of overcoming fretting over losing ships…because one loses a ship every mission.

Every miner should try it !

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I say “that’s on me” if someone succeeds in a gank attempt on my Venture. Because the Venture isn’t an easy ship to stop when it wants to run.

And thanks for the reply and advice, I’ll keep it in mind.