Should I give up on Eve Online?

Wow…

Don’t listen to anything a character with “LSG” in their name has to say. They are a disposable hate–eve-alt of someone who …hates eve and trolls hard until their character gets banned and then they just start using another one.

goonwaffe (the lead corp in goonswarm federation which in turn is the lead alliance in imperium coalition) is the one that recruits primarily from the members of the Something Awful (SA) forum community. SA members pay ten dollars to join and call themselves “goons”. SA members play many games, not just eve.

2 Likes

OP, never give up, never surrender.

Maybe this might help you:

Sorry you got problemed with joining goons…but really many might say “well, serves you right for joining goons in the first place”. In somewhat begrudging fairness to goons, a lot of their recruiting process is something of a test in itself. They want to see who will do research, who might be a complainer and/or drama queen, who is clever (or devious perhaps depending on your point of view)

Goons do incubate new players (karmafleet) and actually do quite a bit for the game, but joining one of the component corps of goonswarm federation might be something best done with caution at least.

5 Likes

Probably not. It’s not the best game in the world but I do find it fun to play. If there’s an aspect of EVE you like then try finding a smaller group of players to do it with. My corp is less than 100 people and they mostly just fly around trying to have a good time. Nobody really takes anything serious. EVE is just a game.

With EVE’s lax stance on trolling, harassment, and scamming you will run into people who love nothing more than to ruin someone’s day. Really these people exist in every game (and life) so it’s best just to ignore them if possible and move on. No reason to quit because you had a bad experience with a couple jerks.

1 Like

Try agian. You should find what you are looking for if you have patience, many noob corp, i have try every thing in eve online last 15year+ is took me 2-3 year to find my place in the game, never give up :blush:

1 Like

yup, OP should go to noob corp … big and glorios space battle from EVE trailers are reserved for scammers and thieves … :joy:

Calm down miner :joy:

3 Likes

What did you expect from Goonswarm? Are they not the ones to say “We’re not out to ruin EVE, only to ruin your game”?

Yes. And charge it back, too. lol

The game in your head is not the game on Tranquility. We are not your friends. You are prey, and it sounds like not even good prey. You don’t seem to have put up much of a struggle.
If you can be happy just quitting, little rabbit, then hop away fast as your little feet can carry you. The only other way for you to win this is to become a fox. And that is a long process probably. Weak individuals do not belong on this server and will not enjoy the game. You are doing the right thing, but you feel victimized and determined to prove you can hack it.

Well, buster, you can’t hack it, because of the kind of person that you are. Are you really willing to change that just for a stupid game? And even if you ARE willing, what makes you think you CAN change?

2 Likes

As harsh as you post might sound, this is 100% true. Eve is not meant for the faint of heart. You need to learn to survive in NE, not just play around in it and THAT is what makes EVE so good.

I hope the OP tries again but also he needs to realize the mistakes he made and not to make them again.

1 Like

Nah don’t give up!

2 Likes

I am calm, but I am not miner. I am just observer of EVE’s self destruction… Maybe one day even write a article how lazy developers and toxic comunity kill a game. :relaxed:
Till then :popcorn: :popcorn:

100% Eve will close one day but kids like you have been crying that same line for over 15 years now so…maybe yo will realize that at some point
Till then :popcorn:

The only person who cried and begged for the last 15 years was the CCP CEO.

He always ran to investors and asked for more and more VC. Who will he begg when he run out money again? :rofl: Or he will lay off people again and again until he remains last one in the CCP.

We will see :popcorn:

1 Like

And of course you have all the info to back up those claims :laughing:
We will see :popcorn:

Of course i have, that is a reason why I am in auditorium in first row and looking for a show :popcorn: :popcorn:

So you have nothing…what a shocker.

Sounds like you may be the issue. If you haven’t worked out how to interact with people after “all this time over the years” I suggest a hard look in the mirror first

1 Like

#AllTheirFault

1 Like

no reason to quit a game only because some wierd hardcore corp wont let u join :DD oh man 20hours xDDD

btw u will find these kind of players in any mmorpg, this has nothing to do with eve online or even with the corp itself! its just a asshole type of human :wink: u have em everywhere!

but also there are tons and tons of super awesome and friendly people in eve!
in my personal experience eve online got one of the most mature players from any mmorpg! really awesome and nice People! ive never had any bad experiences myself ingame! always meet super nice people! even the guys who tried to kill me last night were really friendly and did help me with some questions! :slight_smile:

for me the eve community is on the same level like back in the day the star wars galaxies community was! always nice and always helpfull :slight_smile:

some weeks ago i did join a really awesome corp! i bet u can join us without doing this freakin 20hour paperwork lmao xD

1 Like