Should life be harder for gankers?

Hi @DrysonBennington, :slight_smile: you do know that EvE is just a video game, right? Attacking people in real life is not comparable to playing a video game. If a friend dunks on your or takes your king in a chess game is that similar to attacking you in real life?

1 Like

Honestly that feels like the list to be on.

Yeah, Iā€™m jealous

Itā€™s always incredible how people like you can cry pages about how the game is full of involuntary PvP you rather want to see gone, and then you claim that itā€™s not a PvP game, because of the magic trick of renaming some of the PvP you donā€™t like to something other than PvP.

You WISH it wasnā€™t a PvP game. You WANT PvP gone from some parts because you are too lazy to learn the game and take the easy couple of steps to protect your highsec mining from ganking.

Instead of learning about game mechanics and ship fittings, chose the correct hull for the situation and fit your ship to negate the danger, which is also called ā€œplaying the gameā€, you instead come to the forums and expect the game to change so you donā€™t have to deal with all that.

Itā€™s literally a skill issue.

5 Likes

100 dudes are NOT the majority xD if it were a poll with 10k dudes then we could try again argue if this poll represents any opinions !

What are you on?

2 Likes

Roleplay.

It was fun playing as an environmental terrorist and ganking miners.

Setting up deployable cans with anti-mining slogans and such, targeting their haulers, stealing their ore and destroying it in front of them.

But most miners donā€™t really understand the rpg part of mmorpg, and just assume youā€™re doing it to be a dick.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been convicted and sentenced to multiple consecutive lifetime sentences for blowing up pixelated spaceships in a fictional online video-game.

Iā€™m not sure how we fit into the ā€œnot sociopathicā€ category.

1 Like

Donā€™t be silly! Polls are 100% conclusive.

Things like, where the poll was taken, where it was posted, the target audience, built in biases (intentional and non-intentional), socioeconomic strata, race, location, size of the sampling population, student t value, outliers and even the question itself have absolutely no bearing on its outcome. Youā€™re just crazy if you think it does!

Gee, Ive only been playing video games since the days of Atari. Its not the fact that Eve Online is a video game, the facts that players try to incorporate game play, in real life is the problem. Just like players who plat GTA, most have the mentality of wanting to live the life of their game character, or Call of Duty where players want to be looked at as military and try to use their in game activities to associate with real military.

So, do I know the difference?

Probably not.

Let me see nowā€¦

Half Lifeā€¦nope, I donā€™t go around in RL bashing everyone with a crowbar
Medal Of Honourā€¦nope, canā€™t recall ever charging up a rl French beach and shooting 400 Germans
Left4Deadā€¦nope, I donā€™t recall ever blapping 10,000 zombies in rl.
GTAā€¦nope, never even had a speeding ticket in rl.
Skyrimā€¦nope, for some reason my dragon shouts donā€™t work in rl.

hmmmā€¦I start to see a pattern here. Oh, waitā€¦of courseā€¦they are all games and not rl.

1 Like

Is that why the Kuudere and Tactical Unicorn skins are the record top sellers in the franchise?

Well yeah, but iirc youā€™re a twelve-year-old girl, so I am going you some allowance on account of your age.

I remember playing D&D back in the ā€œsatanic panicā€ in the '80ā€™s and having to listen to Chirstian fundamentalists claim that playing D&D was a gateway to the occult and the players learned how to cast actual black magic spells. Then they would claim that D&D players could not separate their fantasy game from reality.

1 Like

Iā€™m 12 and 1/2 now.

1 Like

Gankers should be forced to wear outfits like Alex and his droogs wore in A Clockwork Orange. Then everyone would be happy.

1 Like

As the name suggests, they alert pilots to their poorly secured ships.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

No it should not be.

1 Like

Actually, these arenā€™t particularly good questions. The reason why is, ā€œgankingā€ is simply killing someone, i.e. playing the game. If someone doesnā€™t like ā€œgankingā€ (playing the game), there are two choices, neither one particularly good: 1) remove ā€œgankingā€ (the ability to kill someone), or 2) construct special rules around ā€œgankingā€ e.g. when it is allowed and under what circumstances, etc.

As to #2, this has already been done, sort of. You have different security sectors, you have CONCORD, you have the whole suspect/criminal system, etc.

Ah, I understand. Your browser must have accidentally connected from a different time space reality. Thatā€™s why you are describing ganking and gankers the way you do.

Really interesting! I wonder what ganking is like in the parallel universes. Can you tell me more?

With curious regards
-James Fuchs

1 Like