Show corp mates corp market orders in the market

Corp mates who have the ability to see corp market orders in the “Market Orders > Corp Orders” screen should also be able to see those same market orders while viewing the items in the actual market… just like you can see your own market orders in blue… but make them a different color so that you can clearly see that they are not your own market orders. Keep in mind that some people are slightly color blind… so pick a good color. Maybe make them orange.

The reason for this is simple… If you can already see the data on the Market Orders window, show it on the actual market items. I use multiple toons to sell items on the market. Sometimes I have found that I am unknowingly bidding against or underselling myself. It would also be nice to see if you are doing that with your corp mates.

The data is already available… so display it in the actual market too. If you like this idea, say so.

EDIT: The idea is that the only people who would be able to see corp mates market orders in the actual market is the same people who can already see them in the “Market Orders” screen. This info is already visible to you if you have the privilege.

yeah, maybe RedDot additional on the line :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You do realize, that in NS/WH Space depending on the alliance/corp all orders would be in the same color?

Normally, you only see the seller when you buy. I don’t know if that would be too much information. Some might want to undercut anonymously.

:point_up_2: This is the problem.

The market would become both unnecessarily and detrimentally exclusionary - monopolies would form that would benefit major blocs and draw players to join them for the purposes of participating in the market. There are arguments for breaking apart the blocs, not making them larger.

I would like to point out that it is already possible to create markets where all orders are guaranteed to be from corpmates/alliancemates/coalitionmates/friends and other blues, and this is done via fielding a restricted-access structure with a market module. There is no reason to encourage exclusivity in NPC markets.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how you are in a position where you might be able to undercut yourself. Well, I guess you could be creating multiple orders so that you can undercut competitors while paying the smallest broker fees possible, but even if you were doing that, you should have all such orders on the same toon so that you can more easily keep track of them all.

I could be wrong, but you seem disorganized. I (1) made a spreadsheet of everything I sold, and color coded it by character, and (2) used to put all my buy and sell orders for that character in their market quickbar folders. This allowed me to use the arrow keys to quickly scroll through all my orders, and see at a glance whether I had the best order or not, and whether or not I had sold out and needed to put up a new one.

Being disorganized might not be a huge deal when you have a couple hundred market slots, but once you have a thousand or more, you’ll need to be able to manage them as quickly as possible if you don’t want to spend all day doing it.

You are responding to ‘you are evil’, correct?

OP. Why? Did I accidentally click reply to you? If I did, I’m sorry. It’s my first day using the forums.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.