Showing Salvaging and the Noctis some love

same reason it costs billions to plex your account. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s all about the inflation :slight_smile: But even then, it was always a bad price for such a niche ship. Especially since the bonuses aren’t that great compared to just flying a T1 destroyer.

It was good before deployable tractors was introduced. Unique role of mass-looter.

I agree with both here. A t1 dessie fitted for salvaged is maybe 5-10 mil. the noctis around 200 mil. And a dessie isn’t going to take THAT much longer, it just means a bit more flying.

As for the MTU, that’s a no brainer. 3 seconds to drop it, then the tractoring can happen without you there.

change it texture and model so its just not a copy of the porposie

Or maybe better yet, to make it more unique again: Let it equip a special module that lets it salvage 5-10 wrecks within a short range simultaneously, then rely on tractor beams to pull them in.

That would certainly make it interesting (though I still think it needs to come down massively in price).

The more I think about it, the more interesting that would be.

A module that cycles every 5-10 seconds and salvages 2-5 wrecks every cycle (depending on how short the cycle is) in a 5 km radius; module definitely auto-repeats. Then you use your tractor beams to drag things into range of your salvage pulses. Salvage access bonus slightly worse than salvagers, but definitely better than drones (and affected by the salvager rigs).

Like a big trash compactor with long tentacles that pulls everything close and noms it up. Much quicker and more effective than an MTU with a destroyer, but still requires some active handling with tractor beams, so it’s not entirely passive (unless you bring an MTU, but then you’re back to waiting for a long while anyway).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.