Siege Green - Manufacturing and Ship Blueprint Updates

I’m not sure CCP have the resources to make that big of a change. To tweak resource requirements for several ships is much less work.

Sure it does. Faction Warfare was WILDLY popular back in 2011-2013ish, and that is an almost exclusively subcap gamestyle. In fact it’s almost exclusively sub-battlecruiser.

Caps are optional. I’ve been playing this game since 2009, been serious since 2011, and I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve flown a cap. Also, newbros joining during/after the changes won’t even notice any difference. You’re looking at this from a veteran perspective, not a newbro perspective.

:partying_face: :partyparrot: :congapartyparrot: :shufflepartyparrot: :upvotepartyparrot:

It’s the size of the battles, not the size of the ships involved, that draw attention.

No. The game has enough power creep and balance issues.

CCP isn’t here to give you mountains. That’s up to you.

This actually isn’t a bad idea.

Um… Multi account? yes. Multi year at the peak of rorqs? no Frelling. Before Rorq nerfs and Moon Ore nerfs to nullsec. 6 Rorqs took 49hrs of combined mining at max skills. Means you could pop out a titan in roughly 25 days, and supers in 17days with continious BPO Component production. There is a reason why supers were 11-15b and titans were 20-25b.

Skilling up 6 rorqs was a multi year achievement in its own right. Took me 3 years to get 4 perfectly skilled rorq pilots and then a further 2 years for a dread/titan pilot and to farm the mats. Players have completed the grind, there simply isn’t the same appeal to caps and you can’t recreate the excitement by artificially extending the grind, the genie is out the bottle, we need T2 caps.

1 Like

If the cost of manufacturing is still higher than the cost of the ships currently on the market, there will be no point

Any plan to unf*kc pirate frigates?

1 Like

I think pos bashes were fun. Because of comms, that is. And folks hired folks to defend. Stuff happened.

Yes. Human cognition has limits. Beyond a certain point variety becomes unpleasant complexity.

2 Likes
  1. Slightly less tedious is still tedious. Go adjust the original mineral ore amount to get your dread > carrier > fax etc priority.

2. I understand there’s a need to recover manufacturing alts to subscribe again and people to login their capital alts again.

3. But for the love of God remove the gas and PI. No one wants this. No one.

4. Stop trying to partially fix it and just fix it so we can subscribe and we can accept your apology and we can all move on and you guys can create new content. Stop messing with additional tedium and just remove the gas and PI already. It was a bad idea that should have never been born in anyone’s brain cell.

1 Like

Wrong reply button, I can’t help you.
… and welcome to the forum.

Faction Warfare has fallen by the wayside sure, but it’s wild popularity was 10 years ago. It’s also dominated (from what I know) by the few people who are massively experienced and have no issue spanking newbros who are trying to learn the basics.

Sure caps might be optional. Everything in the game is optional if you want to go for market PvP. Big Titan and capital fights get the news and a big influx of new players, not a wormholer destroying a newbro’s heron or a lowseccer nuking a new players Venture in a Hecate. And sure, they won’t notice a difference, they just won’t bother when they see this practically unassailable mountain to be part of the big fight that got them to join.

Sure, toot your toot. Less caps will definitely mean more content :facepalm:

And yet the biggest battles almost always contain the biggest ships :thinking: M2- was a titan fight slaughter, the NPC Delve Keepstar battles were capital fights, 49- was a supercarrier fight, YZ9- was another supercarrier fight. And these are just from the most recent war.

Reasonable point, and yet even if CCP rebalanced EVERYTHING it’d end up being pretty damn stagnant because everything’s been theorised to hell and back. More ships, more variations gives more stuff to theorise and more to work on.

Not entirely. CCP gives us mountains for us to reduce. You could say that the danger of C5’s and wormholes in general is a massive mountain (which is rightly is in small groups and solo ventures) but players figured it out and reduced it down to a molehill. CCP supply the mountains, us as the players figure out a way to make them less so.

Finally, a point we agree on! Introduce them for T2 Capitals for example.

1 Like

So, when the new data can be applied? as well as the spreadsheet get updated to remove errors of Titans.
Will there be another new version of this capital+ battleship+ pirates blueprint changes?
Hope DEVs can give a new version of changes and upload a new version of spreadsheet, as SDE is somehow hard to understand and use.

As mentioned by many others. Where is the spreadsheet update. Many of us were working off the spreadsheet and not the SDE. I can’t update my sheet until I know exactly what the component changes are.

Sheet Updated

Based on the EVE IPH data from SISI since CCP haven’t released another spreadsheet with the changes.

No, it was in no way shape or form related to the ‘content’ being old. titan and super proliferation did not start until the abundance error and the rorqual buffs.

Building a titan or super was not anywhere near being a multi year grind. A casual corp mate built all the parts for one in less than a year by himself with only a couple prospects and a covetor that primarily mined mercoxit, but also mined some of the ore sometimes.

Suggesting that making them non-ubiquitous again devalues them is ridiculous.

suggesting that it removes an aspiration is ridiculous.

Dont claim to care about newbros, you don’t.

The big battles may bring an influx of new players, but the meta that enables fights like M2- also makes the game entirely unplayable for new players and very few stick around. Also note that there had been big super and titan fights long before the abundance error when titans were actually massive endeavors to build and required huge portions of your wealth to build them - not a few weeks of solo rorqual mining.

The game was dying 3-4 years ago. It WAS on a path back to sustainability for the next generation and it looks like that has now been undone.

Training up a titan pilot is around a 2 year endeavour, obtaining the mats took me 6 months running 4 perfectly skilled rorqs, that was mining each evening, before I left for work each morning. Seriously hardcore mining for a sustained period of time. I doubt very much your friend built a titan farming with covetors/prospects, but if he did fair play to him, exactly what we need in the game.

Also what era of rorq are you talking about? The first iteration where they were pulling 450m ISK/hour each or towards the end when they made around 90m/hour? They were nerfed significantly several times before the latest changes. I’m referring to immediately before Scarcity.

You can farm a set of endgame T8 gear in Albion Online in a day, people often roam in T8 gear now, a 2 year train and 1-2 years (for a single rorq) to build a titan was a significant grind by comparison. AO embraced the power creep, I would imagine we’ll see T9 and T10 gear at some point, provide the carrot, let players go on the journey then inflate up and repeat. T2 titans would buy CCP another 15 years of vet retention whilst introducing significant resource and ISK sinks (the idea I posted above about using citadel style cores).

If you didn’t complete the journey yourself, you’re in no position to really understand it and post in such absolutes.

a couple hours of mining per day is not hard core mining time. The skill training time has nothing to do with the availability or absolute ease that titans and supers could be built in.

The isk per hour of rorquals is irelevent. It is the minerals they are mining. 450 million isk an hour at the very beginning was mining far more than 450 million an hour in today’s isk. It is not controversial that the rorqual was nerfed over time, it ended up i’d guess around 1/3 as powerful just before scarcity as it was when it started, and it was still too much. that 90 million isk an hour contains millions of units of tritanium and pyerite, neither of which were even worth the space they occupied.

If you think albion online is better then go play albion online. Suggesting that solutions in a 5 year old video game can work in a 20 year old video game, is absolutely and utterly absurd. Eve online already implemented power creep - that is why carriers, supers and titans exist. The ladder cannot be raised forever, this is not everquest. Suggesting that power creep would somehow retain an aging out ‘vet’ population is totally absurd. The survival of the game depends on players who do not yet play eve online, not a population that is dwindling.

2 Likes

Wow,seriously you are CSM. Nothing like seriously responding to your player base.

If folks spout off stupid conspiracy theories devoid of any fact and that don’t even make basic sense, they shouldn’t expect anybody, especially me, to take them seriously.

As much as Brisc irks me in certain ways, he’s done a lot more than most CSM in actually trying to respond to people, even if in general disagreement. Seriously we need more CSM willing to speak up and talk even if its further disagreement.

I still strongly disagree with your rationale regarding lowsec and npc null structures in particular @Brisc_Rubal , but I acknowledge and appreciate your willingness to speak here.

3 Likes