Siege Green - Manufacturing and Ship Blueprint Updates

So everyone who invested in building capitals during the last year is supposed to do what?
Because such sudden and extreme shift in prices will absolutely bankrupt many players and small industrial corps.

As usual, smaller groups get the short end of a stick, since the medium structure changes will only benefit the blue doughnut.

5 Likes

It’s the truth, plain and simple.

1. The change was never advertised nor intended to be temporary - it was there to stay until the goal (saving goons) was achieved.
  2. The change was FAR from the only thing that happened in the goon-saving effort. There were many changes, all aligned on a single theme - make war impossible. They succeeded, the war stalled out, goons saved.
1 Like

the dev blog announcing it said it would last only 3 months, it was always advertised as and intended to be temporary and they didnt even hide how long

2 Likes

Like I said, it frightens me the kinds of things people will believe in order to lessen the blow of losing.

7 Likes

Then we’re probably not talking about the same tax change.
Doesn’t change my point though. The goon saving effort was a major undertaking by CCP.

It was a CCP-enforced status quo if you ask me. Would’ve been a major reputation blow to CCP if it had any.

1 Like

Remember that ccp have to read through this so please find another place to argue about goons.

2 Likes

you were complaining about a tax change that removed income for papi by making jita lower tax than TTT, thats the tax change that was announced as temporary from the start

if you are imagining some other tax change thats not my problem but I would advise actually reading changes

1 Like

I agree the changes to medium structures is going to hurt small groups wanting to play in WH. As long as they are attacked and not online at the moment there is very little opportunity to defend, where multiple timers gives a chance to try and get help or form.

7 Likes

1 TIMER 1 week away sounds better to me imo, multiple timers just make everything grindy and a week is enough time to get people to plan.

7 Likes

I am interested in the multitude of instances where CCP saved goons. please list them in alphabetical order

3 Likes

Oh, they should. They should know we remember, and would never forgive them for it.
I mean, they basically destroyed the game for the sake of saving goons. And it’s not unrelated - those cap building changes are a lame, overdue, and wrong attempt to fix the damage done exactly in the period we’re talking about, for the sake of goals we’re talking about.

We’ve come from “capitals can no longer be built, because we need to save goons” to this hypocritical change that screams “we realize that breaking capital building to save goonies was wrong, but instead of admitting and doing the responsible thing of at least refunding every capital built against the odds, we’re PUNISHING everyone who actually tried to go against our decision to make cap building impossible, and tried to do it anyway! And if goons are threatened again, we’re going to make cap building impossible once more, so don’t you dare doing it!”.

That is my opinion on those changes and where they are coming from. Choke on reading that, goon savers.

2 Likes

Why thank you for screwing us over!

2 Likes

Mysql Conversion

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/dump/mysql56-sde-SiegeGreenUpdate-TRANQUILITY.tbz2

Postgres conversion, in the evesde schema

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/dump/sde-SiegeGreenUpdate-TRANQUILITY/postgres-SiegeGreenUpdate-TRANQUILITY-schema.dmp.bz2

Postgres conversion, in the public schema

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/dump/sde-SiegeGreenUpdate-TRANQUILITY/postgres-SiegeGreenUpdate-TRANQUILITY.dmp.bz2

SQLite conversion

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/dump/lsde-SiegeGreenUpdate-TRANQUILITY/eve.db.bz2

MS SQL conversion:

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/dump/sde-SiegeGreenUpdate-TRANQUILITY/evesde.bacpac

everything else (CSV, mysql tables)

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/dump/sde-SiegeGreenUpdate-TRANQUILITY/

7 Likes

When are you going to make something?

Oh, you’re not?

Are you going to pay something for it?

Oh, you’re not?

What makes you think that I give a toss what you think then?

There are other sites, go use them. Save yourself the time from complaining about something that is made available for free next time. You’re not forced to use it.

(unless someone is re-enacting a clockwork orange, and using my site. In which case, you have my abject apology.)

6 Likes

WOOOW that is a HUGE cost reduction to combat capital ships.

That’s not merely an adjustment. It’s an abandonment of the concept that loss should be meaningful and impactful, that capital ships should feel significant…

Your pyerite line isn’t parsing correctly.

Bigger issue: those 20 genetic safeguard filters? As of right now there are a grand total of…

units on market according to evepraisal.
What do you suppose will happen to prices when people want to build more than five dreads?
Ideally people will be building them themselves, but now the price estimate is insulated from the actual cost of getting isotropic neofullerenes. Be very cautious of cost estimates that don’t consider availability and volume.

Whats the difference in price for the avg cap before and after out of interest?

I have played this game since 2008, In all my time playing the game I have made 1 forum post before this, That was in regards to the Triglavian Invasion which had no counter in Caldari space with broken NPCs/mechanics and was allowed to continue until near the end before fixing…

Sadly it appears one needs to piggy back an Industry thread in order to say something about the other batch of changes announced in the same blog post since there is no separate forum thread for it. (CCP fearing the rage that will come so decided to skirt it?)

Structures, I think most everyone can agree there needs to be a change to gameplay/mechanics surrounding them.

CCP, do you know people have RL things to attend to? Having 1 day or 2.5 days (WH/Null) to mount 1 Defense on a randomly generated timer is completely absurd, That is asking someone to be superhuman, never get sick, have an accident, never go on a weekend trip, because your assets could be wiped out when you return. Having 2 timers on structures leads to interesting game play already. You are guaranteed 2 chances to fight at least not just 1. You are guaranteed a rematch if you lose as a defender. Given the randomness to the timers, It allows a bad first timer roll to be corrected by a good second timer roll. If structures really are to lose their 2nd timer, then the Timer window needs to be shortened. POCOs only have a 2 hour window (similar to a =- 1 hour) and 1 reinforcement timer.

Structures have already been nerfed enough. While medium structures shouldnt be able to solo a dread or wipe out entire fleets, They cannot even defend against ANY solo sub cap, sure you can be annoying and drag it out… but if someone is determined it doesn’t matter. The squirt guns mounted to an Ath/Rait barely scratch the paint of a rookie ship as it is.

If CCP is truly looking for interesting gameplay, increasing content around structures, and forcing more impactful choices by players, then removing 1 timer and shortening the response time is not the right move. Removing the Shield Damage cap doesn’t allow for a flash form defense to fight someone outside your main TZ trying to get content, Sure you can increase it which many would appreciate, but a dread not sieged for 6 cycles is your rationale? yet you want caps used more and to be vulnerable and explody?

IF you want 1 timer, the 24 hour 7 day a week vulnerability needs to change for structures, Bring back a window where its vulnerable to shoot and invuln the rest of the time. This would essentially provide more content, risk, fights, loses, planning, interesting game play. This allows aggressors to plan, bring a fleet in and be met with resistance. It would allow defenders to have a chance to fend off attacks without knowing what/if one is coming and a chance to counter and provide a fight to what is usually a meaningless shoot since its done when the other side is asleep.

This is all based on NS… Now imagine a WH, where you go to bed, wake up, go to work, come home, say hello to your family, have dinner, log into EVE, and find out you have a timer in 8 hours that determines your entire reason for playing the game. How many subscribers would sign up for that?

If you have only 1 fight, 1 opportunity, to save everything you ever wanted, 1 moment, would you save it, or let it blow?

26 Likes

In the spreadsheet it says that Core temperature Stabilizers are required in core temperature regulators, What are these? were you meant to put core temperature regulators?

thats a lot of words when you could just say

“if your not going to be able to defend on short notice dont leave your stuff in medium cits, leave them in the large+ which still have armor and hull timers”

and if your anti-sub setup astra cant push off single subcaps thats just you fitting it badly, its also still able to perma shut down as many logi ships as you decide to put ecm mods on it with how strong they are