Skill injectors and guilt

Duuno guys, i feel like injectors are awesome. Now i can actually play with stuff i want to play with. It`s great mechanic and i love it.

4 Likes

Injector’s really reward people that are pro-active and want to progress quicker in the game by buying sp with isk that they are farming instead of having to wait year’s to catch up to the the vet’s although technically they would have just saved up for a nice big sp char in character bazaar before anyways and is probably still the more optimal approach.

Not disappointed enough to not use the skill injectors :slight_smile: Just enough to whine on the forums though, oh the fine line we tread.

You selling them with rigs and fits?

Good pilot with injectors is better tho.

But mostly its about cutting waiting time for me. New ships, more speed, more fitting options. So much in game and you maybe want to try everything at some time.

1 Like

Skill injectors are a double edged sword, but I gotta say, for me personally it is what keeps me in the game. I got sick and tired of all the NS bull ■■■■ going on in the game and quit. Like literally every aspect of it, caps, cap alts, proliferation, powercreep, uber mega blobs, all the multiboxing needed whenever you wanna do something for yourself cause can’t trust anyone in your own corp / alliance, botting, o god just ■■■■ the botting, and 2 different corps tried pushing me into it, etc. etc.

So all that sort of stuff got me to basically quit. My combat main was PvP and has horrible standings from podding folks to the point that I basically can’t function in HS and the grind to get back the standings is so insane and horrible that I had no choice but to say “■■■■ it” and just quit. But I still kept in touch once in a while and followed the major game news.

Then the skill injectors were announced, so I came back into the game about 3 months before they got implimented, I don’t remember exactly when but when they 1st announced them and have stayed since.

What the injectors allowed me to do is make my HS alt into a functional character, without having to re-grind anything or wait 2 years or so to train up. I dumped my cap alt, mining alts, streamlined my hauling toon, to extractors. Then I used all that SP and sold off my assets and bought even more injectors. When they 1st came out they weren’t as expensive as now, so I got a lot.

Even with all that I still have a lot I need to train across 3 different toons. The one I consider my main is pretty good now and just training more QOL and what I think are kinda novelty skills for things to do once in a while, which is awesome.

None of this stuff would be possible without injectors.

And I would keep at least 2 fitted drakes, they are still good ships for some situations, marauders and battleships will often just unnecessarily slow you down in a lot of cases. Double this if you duo with someone and can provide some buffs. Definetly keep that, its very usefull.

1 Like

Exactly, it’s more content at your fingertips if you can afford those. Personnaly i rarely use them but as a trader they are a blessing. I don’t feel any guilt when i calculate my daily income.

SPs and assets are means, not goals.

1 Like

Everything is faster these days, internet faster, people want their packages faster, its called improvement, competition, and this game gives like 50 days for skill lvl 5 completion just like years ago. I mean… WHAT? 50 days? Forgetaboutit, people will use injectors. Its a pace of improvement for a game that is sloooow.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’ve thought about it a bit more after the initial outrage. I guess it’s not so bad. I’ve still got 20b worth of crap lying around the universe and I fully intend to convert all remaining assets into skills.

Its kind of a compromise, CCP didnt redesign learning times, they just made another system on top of another. Same with SP boosters. It is all made to keep you playing the game and not give up on it because you see 50 days and you log and wait out because cant make it faster in any way.

Of course there are people who dont care about anything more than logging in and chatting, but it can be done even without logging into the game.

Lol. I remember some discussion about creating a phone app to allow people to update their skill queue. The best comment was, “Why would you remove the only valid reason to launch the game?”

2 Likes

Hehe, and with Injectors they are actively seeking shortcuts at least, being aware they exist.

Look I’m guilty. I decided I wanted to try a particular ship. I was 2 months away, but I was flying that ship 5 minutes later with skill injectors. That seems too easy, hence the guilt. Everything I’ve gotten in Eve to that point was from work and risk.

1 Like

Pretend you ganked someone and the injectors dropped as loot. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

3 Likes

Who decides you had to wait 50 days? CCP. But they also empower you with your ISK wealth, you made it with your work and risk already.

2 Likes

Point taken. Fair enough. You have reduced my guilt somewhat.

1 Like

Deal of the day:
160 votes and 86 comments so far on Reddit

1 Like

Ships are just tools. When skill injectors came out I made bank with Aurum/Extractor arbitrage and invested a lot of ISK in injectors to boost Tipa above the 80M SP mark with skills to fly almost all subcaps with T2 weapons. Some of the ships I put SP on, I never used so far, but in the recent event I was happy to be able to jump into a Macha with T2 weapons immediately, or can fly all subcap roles efficiently in fleets (if I want, or somebody forces me to :wink: ).

1 Like

I’m not into injector shaming, but that’s a lot. You might have reason to feel guilty. Not that I have a problem with it - I love shooting shiny ships with inexperienced pilots.

The biggest problem with injectors is that they put you into ships you don’t have the game experience or support skills to fly and you end up losing it. Experience is more important than SP in most aspects of the game. I think injectors are best used to shave off a week or two here and there.