Skill Point Resurgence Part 2

Why are people going for this.

Hey I know our game was too ■■■■ to keep you around but give us a grand and we’ll over look it and let you come back.

I note that the CSM now represents CCP, and not the players.

Got it.

–Gadget won’t vote for you again

10 Likes

lmaooo

‘Don’t like it don’t buy it’ is the mantra of game company shills everywhere. You’ve got some nerve coming into this thread as a player representative telling us to get over it. We already know the deal.

Man I’m glad I never voted for you.

8 Likes

The csm hasn’t represented the players since ccp started penalizing any of them that stepped out of line

1 Like

Yeah, it is just how they worded it like those 60 plex are extra bonus and free. I don’t remember they ever sold a pack of 440 for 19.99.

1 Like

Genuine question. I see a reaction to CCP selling Plex and skills constantly. Why is it such a bad thing?

Isn’t complaining always pointless? It still feels good.

It’s always been a problem that they sell lp. And people have always complained.

Problem with this one is how blatant, predatory, and lazy they are being. Having an unchecked algorithm creating some really stupid “deals”

I’m not sure if you’re remembering right about PLEX. Generally PLEX is tolerated as being a necessary anti RMT measure. It gives people a legitimate route to acquire ISK for real life currency. It also allows people with in game currency to exchange it for PLEX to extend their subscriptions and acquire skins or other items on the NES that would cost real money otherwise.

However, the direct sale of skills, in game items with actual game effects, or skillpoints that are created out of thin air are looked at with much more disdain. Instead of PLEX being bartered for between players, now it is an exchange between a player and CCP. That’s the main difference.

That doesn’t really provide me with an answer. If CCP wants to seek something. And players want to buy it. Why is it bad?

I can see it is viewed with disdain. What I don’t understand is why?

Yeah they should just start selling titans and hs passes for capitals

Hell yeah. $500 a month. Mo’ Money, mo’ money, mo’ money!

1 Like

But they arn’t. They are selling skill points. I’m trying to understand why everyone thinks thats bad and so far I’m not getting an answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because those SP don’t come from another player character who would otherwise have benefitted from the sale.

2 Likes

for most of eves history sp could only be aquired via time , there was no sp injection or extraction, no skill que etc. and that was the game. patience was rewarded ,multi year skillplans were the norm. now its all gimme gimme and swiping credit cards, the game is massively cheapened as a consequence.

also has been mentioned many times ccp promised not ever to sell sp, well thats happening and many folk myself included think thats if not cheating then you are bypassing the game to get to the end game ,something eve does not have.

The game is the journey not the destination or at least it used to be .

9 Likes

It is bad because ever since CCP seriously stuck their hands into the Player Operated Economy, we have lost content creators, Merc Groups have left the game for good, and more recently droves of others for various reasons have dissappeared.

This flagrant attempt to entice ppl back…and for extortion rates of RL cash is just bad…

CCP really needs to get their hands back out of our economy, sit down and shut up, and listen to the playerbase.

The more they do this garbage, the more players they lose and the more CCP moves towards P2W monetization schemes to recoup finicial losses and keep the lights on.

2 Likes

I figured they answers would be along those lines. Cant say i agree but good to know the reasoning.

That may require empathy.

–Gadget understands

5 Likes

We know CCP understood the difference, too. That’s why they promised us they would never do it.

1 Like