Skilling Spree - Event Feedback

Unbeleivable, the amount of whining going on here.

@ the “It’s not fair!” :sob: folks: No, the whole EVE-universe is not fair. The RL one isn’t either.

2: It’s an awesome event for those alpha’s who were crying about the drone nerf: they can now train something else instead. Their ‘loss’ will be well compensated.

3: New alpha’s will train up fast this way. The tasks are pretty easy, so any noob can get them done. Doing career-missions no less, or level 1 Security Agents. Good for them.

And last but not least: for those who think it’s too easy: go do something difficult then, their’s no shortage of that.

7 Likes

Idea!
Let’s introduce World Quests. You arrive in the Cador region, local authorities contact you and ask you to do the assignments to destroy the Covenant.
:thinking:

Agree with many previous posts, the 1 npc kill is an odd event requirement. Waiting a day between each also increases how boring this event is. Why not just make it like other events. Do this recive points toward receiving SP. Every 50 to 100 points earns x SP. Some complete it in a day some do it over the entire duration.

2 Likes

EVE is a cruel game,” CCP Burger told the audience, “but it should be a fair game. Cruel, but fair.”

Source: https://kotaku.com/eve-online-developers-discuss-ways-to-stop-new-players-1835909279

3 Likes

How can i see which challenge I finished / how much SP did I get?

There were lots of complaints, now just nobody cares.

3 Likes

So yeah, two accounts, both completed the task, one has the SP and the other doesn’t ? :psyccp:

@CCP_Falcon judging from the number of similar comments in this thread I’m guessing this a bug right?

3 Likes

Where can I find the details of the daily challenge?
Do I have to randomly kill NPCs and hope for the best?

Edit: Oh, there it is - underneath a window.

“Kill 1 NPC - 10.000 Skill Points”
And they call it a “Quest” …
Really i like free SP but this looks just lazy.
And why is there no “Get on a player killmail or die trying” ???

It’s in the left corner of the screen below your auto pilot settings.
I didn’t see it at first too :smiley:

Thanks for the additional SP, together with the previous login bonus this makes catching up with some recently added stuff much easier for someone who came back from a longer break.

One piece of feedback - reward players who are loyal and do these missions each day with a higher SP reward (so basically a 3 day chain that will reset if the mission isn’t done) to remove the sometimes frustrating RNG element. But as they say, don’t look a gifted horse in the mouth - so thanks @CCP_Falcon!

3 Likes

By the way this is not a game breaking event. 28 days, min 10k (common), max 50k (rare) SP per day, so this means around 500k at the end, one skill injector. And it can be done as a rookie, just an extra reward during discovering EVE’s universe and not a time consuming thing.
The target audience is not the guy with 3-100 accounts / high SP character.

4 Likes

Love it, but it’s not a lot of SP, how about more SP and higher requirements to achieve?

1 Like

Would be good for older players, but discouraging for the ones who just try EVE. (Maybe)

Wow… glad to see ccp suck to their guns and just raised the pot slowly to put these back in the game. And reading these comments it worked like a charm. All those comments about people saying ccp listened and actually cared about how their community felt really do seem silly now.

3 Likes

where would I find the mission? can’t seem to find it

2 Likes

It’s a little flag where your autopilot / solarsystem thingy is.

1 Like

ok thank you

1 Like

I like me some free SP. :slight_smile:

For those complaining about free SP, buy yourself a skill extractor and give me yours.

5 Likes

The only complaining I have to make here is about the RNG associated with the rewards… One guy have a chance to end the event with 300k SP, while other could leave with 1.5M SP?! I mean wtf?! lol
Some will definitely have considereble more SP at the end of this event than others for what is essentially the same amount of effort… It’s just not fair with the community (on my eyes at least)
That’s it, the only issue I personally take away with this particular event month!!
I see a lot of people complaining heavy on the number of NPCs we have to kill… We are being given SP with no strings attached for almost no effort at all, and people take issue with THIS?!
We always complain that something requires too much to be achieved, be low SP characters that can’t compete on this one event because it’s too hard and they don’t have skills to fly what is needed, or the time investment required is too long for someone whom can’t afford much time in game… And now we are complaining over something being effortless for EVERYONE?!
Well, I guess it’s true one can’t be good to all :sweat_smile:

3 Likes