Skilling Spree - THANK YOU CCP

Omega = Battleship
Alpha = Frigate

By jove, youre onto something

1 Like

Well when you always aim low that’s not surprising is it?

1 Like

When eve is a pvp game, why would you deny alphas access to core content?

What are alphas for if all they can do is grind pve and mine (badly)?

1 Like

With all of the restrictions that people suggest for alphas because {insert reasons}, CCP may as roll it back and return Eve to a subscription only model

3 Likes

Well fact is that James 315 was unanimously voted into office by all highsec citizens who voted. If you say you where not part of it that means you didn’t vote. It’s pretty rich that you don’t exercise your democratic rights and then complain that you are not satisfied with the outcome when you have done nothing about it. That is not how democracy works. You should be ashamed of yourself you leech.

3 Likes

So this thread seems fine then.

All that you describe are with good reason.

They can’t do industry and trade because omegas will use alpha alts for unlimited isk/hour. But they can still do some.

They can’t use barges and level 4’s because they’d be used for botting. But they can still do some missioning and mining.

Alphas are already weaker than omegas when it comes to ganking, or small gangs, or fleet fights. So they get some access to that gameplay.

But what you’re talking about is completely locking them out of certain gameplay just because you don’t like it. Even though alphas aren’t completely locked out of anything except pi…(but again with very good reason).

The whole point of alphas, whether you like it or not, was to go out and blow stuff up. To provide content for paying players. If you’re not going to allow that then why not just remove alphas?

1 Like

Who is james 315 btw?

Ive always been of the opinion that the mechanical purpose in the economy Alphas serve is to remove more material than they introduce.

If we ONLY take ship loss for new player due to lack of experience and alt loss for ganking into account, of course.

Your Lord and Saviour.

1 Like

What makes him so special?

Look for yourself at www.minerbumping.com

1 Like

minerbumping… doesn’t seem so note worthy or praise worthy. Sounds like something you try for 3 minutes then get board and move onto greater things.

1 Like

This thread doesn’t need to be an Omega v Alpha circle jerk of nothingness.

CCP have decided what they want, but alphas aren’t relevant to my praise for CCP listening to the words of James 315.

Congrats CCP.

That first kill was liberating and even my freighter alt needs to watch out now, because the taste of blood in EVE is alluring.

So, in honour both of CCP and the concerned carebears in this thread, for every mention of alphas, I’ll set out to kill someone in the name of the relevant poster.

I know, I know. It doesn’t make a difference, but I’m just playing how I like to play, just as others are, and killing in the name of carebears seems very much in the style of Feyd (I miss his style of content creation).

All the best to your continued circle jerking in this thread, but thanks CCP. Great event and great outcome.

Alpha’s

Maybe you don’t comprehend the concept of the skills for kills event.

Hint: bumping doesn’t earn skillpoints. Killing stuff does.

But I do want to thank all you carebears for playing in this thread. It is much more engaging don’t you think. Social activity, interaction, talking to people, that’s much better than the solo game all carebear anti-social players wish the game was.

Your comment makes no sense, ofc its about blowing up ships what point are you getting at, try reading full sentences maybe “hint”.

James 315 just seems like a joke, a man dedicated to killing ship’s with out guns and dying in the process… going against concord breaking their rules and then talking about how rules are so important.

1 Like

Miner calm down.

Maybe write something relevant to the topic?

Come kill me then while I’m “mining” :] in the name of Jamesey boy, I wont say no to free content.

1 Like

You make a fair point, I have nothing against alphas nor was I seriously suggesting that CCP should roll back to a sub only model for Eve.

It was more of a generalised comment aimed at the people who think alphas should be so restricted that they may as well be NPCs.

1 Like