Skin and support box

Hi all again. Just logged in neither my alpha or omega characters were able to find the frontier skins after they have been redeemed…

A shame we aren’t allowed to just have the collection unactivated.

2 Likes

Was this intended? Normally the skin is not activated, and can then be traded or passed to a character that might actually use it - not much point having a ship skin for a ship that a character can’t fly…

1 Like

today is Osprey Frontier Safeguarder SKIN day but i saw the Augoror Frontier Safeguarder SKIN in my hanger and its gone after i opened the container …

why its it automatically added to our character? i usually only collect skins on 1 char and not on 20 … i like full sets on my main

JuuR

1 Like

Dont you think it should be down to the individual player to decide if they want to apply a skin that player might not even plan on training in to that ship or even that race hulls. Like me i like my small collection of skins

4 Likes

Perhaps preventing the trade of those skins,
you are more compelled to participate to their events to get them ?
And you see that their will be a lot other skins distributed randomly ( 8 it seems) ,
their will be no way through your sheer luck to get all of them .
From now on any coupled skin sells could be the only way ???

Hard to read why they bother to implement a new system :

• Practicality
  • Server load ( less use of the market)
  • Marketing ( promote new products to sell )

The usual suspects :slight_smile:

well i want to trade … trade from my other accounts to my main like i allways did
free giveaway skins will only get interessting in selling on the market after keep them for a looooooooooooong time … so i see no real problem

i cant more participate to their events … i do anyways so … would be cool to have it like allways …

JuuR

1 Like

CCP like to decide for us, and they have decided that we should no longer get to collect skins.

well … i dont got the skins anyways … so …

JuuR

Skin is missing for me as well. Redeemed it on this character and it has not been automatically applied (not showing up for me), but the skin and option to redeem it are both gone.

When skins are automatically added to the collection of the character used to redeem, it means the skins won’t be tradable and exclusive to people who log in during the event. Potentially better way to encourage people to log in, if it worked.

5 Likes

so now go and think about it a 2nd time …
why i should log in all my accounts then?
i would do it if i get skins to trade to my main but if it goes to the redeeming char it makes no sense … i have skins to some random cyno alt … how usefull … so i dont login this char

there are other skins … not trade abel and not able to put on contracts … from resource wars …

JuuR

1 Like

Exactly, CCP isn’t trying to make your accounts log in, they’re trying to make you log in on the account that you care about.

So yea, you don’t have to log in with all your alpha accounts for this event. If they’re omega it’s another story as you could sell the Omega rewards.

At first I was slightly disappointed that the skin went poof. Then I looked at the preview.

1 Like

You overdid it. Here’s how it’s done :smiley:
mission-impossible-mask-gif-6

1 Like

well the omega rewards are not that hot so …
i login my main and a 2nd alt every day anyways … .

JuuR

confirmed this does not work for me or anyone I speak with.

We have deployed a fix that should prevent new cases of the SKIN not activating properly. Please let us know if you don’t get the SKIN license on your character after trying to claim the rewards now.

We are also looking at helping those who redeemed the reward and did not get the SKIN.

5 Likes

Their should be there. You’re welcome.

This is what I did and the skin is active on all 4 accounts.

However I have to agree with everyone else, I’d much rather have the skin redeemed to my Assets Hangar instead of it being automatically activated.

1 Like